niven5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) niven5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) niven5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Is it ok for me to buy a weight gainer?

look I weight 60 kg and my height is 170 cm
    I'm very skinny and I have 3 anaerobic training sessions and 4 aerobic trainings so I burn a lot of calories and I can't eat that much..
    So I consider buying a weight gainer like dymatize's super mass gainer which contain in each scoop 640 calories, 26g protein, 126g carbs and 4g fats. Altough you guys told me a lot of times that I need to be strong and agile I still think that I need to gain more mass because I am too skinny for my weights.. I know a lot of people that I lift more weight than them but they have more muscle gain than mine.

E-Tank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) E-Tank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) E-Tank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) E-Tank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) E-Tank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) E-Tank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) E-Tank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) E-Tank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) E-Tank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) E-Tank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) E-Tank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Food is better. And stength>size

And the reason your smaller is because you dont eat

SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by niven5 View Post
    look I weight 60 kg and my height is 170 cm
    I'm very skinny and I have 3 anaerobic training sessions and 4 aerobic trainings so I burn a lot of calories and I can't eat that much..
    So I consider buying a weight gainer like dymatize's super mass gainer which contain in each scoop 640 calories, 26g protein, 126g carbs and 4g fats. Altough you guys told me a lot of times that I need to be strong and agile I still think that I need to gain more mass because I am too skinny for my weights.. I know a lot of people that I lift more weight than them but they have more muscle gain than mine.
    If you don't care about getting fat, then do it.

But if I were you, even though you are light and a hard gainer, eat clean and take it slow.

You can also make your own weight gainer and save a bunch of money. Use the money on real food.

walkingstick22 is just really nice. (+1000) walkingstick22 is just really nice. (+1000) walkingstick22 is just really nice. (+1000) walkingstick22 is just really nice. (+1000) walkingstick22 is just really nice. (+1000) walkingstick22 is just really nice. (+1000) walkingstick22 is just really nice. (+1000) walkingstick22 is just really nice. (+1000) walkingstick22 is just really nice. (+1000) walkingstick22 is just really nice. (+1000) walkingstick22 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Weight gainers are expensive, like $2 for a serving. Compared to *quality* whey proteins, that's an even worse deal. I would go with high calorie foods, it doesn't even matter if you eat foods others consider "unhealthy" like pizza, burgers etc bc they'll be high in calories. Bottom line, you need to be eating a lot of real food before considering taking a mass gainer. Force yourself to eat even when you aren't hungry! It's difficult but remember that it'll pay off.

niven5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) niven5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) niven5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by walkingstick22 View Post
    Weight gainers are expensive, like $2 for a serving. Compared to *quality* whey proteins, that's an even worse deal. I would go with high calorie foods, it doesn't even matter if you eat foods others consider "unhealthy" like pizza, burgers etc bc they'll be high in calories. Bottom line, you need to be eating a lot of real food before considering taking a mass gainer. Force yourself to eat even when you aren't hungry! It's difficult but remember that it'll pay off.
    Originally Posted by SDOptimist View Post
    If you don't care about getting fat, then do it.

But if I were you, even though you are light and a hard gainer, eat clean and take it slow.

You can also make your own weight gainer and save a bunch of money. Use the money on real food.
    Originally Posted by E-Tank View Post
    Food is better. And stength>size

And the reason your smaller is because you dont eat
    But I won't get fat i'll gain muscle and there's a difference between muscle to fat..
    Even though I try to eat more I can't eat that much.. sometimes I need to eat an amount that it's not possible for me with no supplements..
    I have 3 gym trainings, 4 team training and sometimes I have gym training and team training on the same day so it's sooo hard!
    And I want to be strong and succeed in my sport but I also want to look good

How you eat? (stupid) Do you have a diet plan? Do you count calories or proteins? How much meals a day?

SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000)
    But I won't get fat i'll gain muscle and there's a difference between muscle to fat..
    Even though I try to eat more I can't eat that much.. sometimes I need to eat an amount that it's not possible for me with no supplements..
    I have 3 gym trainings, 4 team training and sometimes I have gym training and team training on the same day so it's sooo hard!
    And I want to be strong and succeed in my sport but I also want to look good

How you eat? (stupid) Do you have a diet plan? Do you count calories or proteins? How much meals a day?
    You will gain fat. That is part of bulking. A weight gainer will increase the amount of fat you gain since it is full of junk. Do a slow and clean bulk, and you will minimize the amount of fat you gain. Use money on clean and healthy foods, not supplements. The only supplements you need is a tub of pure whey, a good and complete multivitamin and some creatine.

Yes, you need to count calories and also keep track of the amount of protein, fats and carbs you eat.

Calculate your bmr. Apply the Harris benedict formula and you will come up with New estimate of how much calories you burn in a day. Eat about 500 calories above that when trying to gain weight.

You will gain fat. That is part of bulking. A weight gainer will increase the amount of fat you gain since it is full of junk. Do a slow and clean bulk, and you will minimize the amount of fat you gain. Use money on clean and healthy foods, not supplements. The only supplements you need is a tub of pure whey, a good and complete multivitamin and some creatine.

Yes, you need to count calories and also keep track of the amount of protein, fats and carbs you eat.

Calculate your bmr. Apply the Harris benedict formula and you will come up with New estimate of how much calories you burn in a day. Eat about 500 calories above that when trying to gain weight.
    But it's huge amount! think that I burn a lot of calories when I have gym and team training on the same day! How can I eat that much?!
    And on every day the amount of calories change so it's difficult to track this.

Protein - how do u calculate it? and what about carbs and fats? (in grams)

rrrcecc is on a distinguished road. (+10) rrrcecc is on a distinguished road. (+10) rrrcecc is on a distinguished road. (+10) rrrcecc is on a distinguished road. (+10) rrrcecc is on a distinguished road. (+10) rrrcecc is on a distinguished road. (+10) rrrcecc is on a distinguished road. (+10) rrrcecc is on a distinguished road. (+10) rrrcecc is on a distinguished road. (+10) rrrcecc is on a distinguished road. (+10) rrrcecc is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Tons of people on here will bash you for thinking of buying a gainer.

However Im not gonna bash you...I say go for it. 8 months ago I was 127lbs (7% bodyfat)..I started bulking and I also have a hard time eating the amount i need to gain weight(around 3300 cals/day) so i bought a gainer (russian bear) I eat 2000 cals a day + 2 scoops of russian bear(1040 calories). and now Im 149.8 lbs (still gaining) and only 11-12% bodyfat.

So with a gainer I gained muslce + barely any fat...

If you have the money to spare, then by yourself a gainer...it REALLY REALLY helped me.
    *Born with only 1 pec crew** crew of 1
    *NJ Crew(732)**

S: 415
    B: 180
    D: 480

@160 BW

azz33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yeah I agree if you've got the money just buy it you obviously don't think you can eat enough although I do 2 field sessions and 1 weights session most days and I can easily eat the amount needed. You just aren't used to it. Eat lots of carbs, you'll be needing the energy! And plenty of protein as well. I'd say 1.7g/kg of protein spread throughout the day (evenly over 5-6 meals) and 7-8 g/kg of carbs throughout the day. The rest of your calories in fat. This is on training days obviously. Cut the carbs (and calories) down on days when you are not training. You don't NEED the weight gainer but it'll make it easier I guess if you want to spend more money and don't mind missing out on the nutrients that are in real food.

psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    How much fat and muscle you gain is determined by the amount of caloric surplus you are in not the names of the foods or "weight gainers" you consume. Read the stickies in the nutrition forum on how to construct a proper bulking diet op
    PL Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154662503

BTK!

First Meet 8/25/13 281/264/418 963 @198

5/24/14 352.5/286/462.5 1101 @242

Originally Posted by psychodiver9 View Post
    How much fat and muscle you gain is determined by the amount of caloric surplus you are in not the names of the foods or "weight gainers" you consume. Read the stickies in the nutrition forum on how to construct a proper bulking diet op
    I know it but the amount of cals is too high.

I know it but the amount of cals is too high.
    huh? So then why are you wanting to get a weight gainer?

huh? So then why are you wanting to get a weight gainer?
    because there are extra calories and protein

because there are extra calories and protein
    Dude!!!! It's your life. Why are you coming on here and having people make decisions for you? People have giving their opinions for and against weight gainers. There is no right or wrong. Weight gainers can work for you, and also can work against you depending how to use it and how much you know about nutrition.

You keep making threads over and over asking for advice. People then give you solid advice and you shoot them down with your own opinions and theories lol. Make your own decisions. Nothing wrong with coming on here and asking for advice. But, at the end of the day it's your life, your decision.

Go and buy weight gainer. LOL you aren't bounded for life if you buy it and end up not liking it. Give it a try and see if it helps you. But don't think that it is a magic bullet. All it is, is an extra meal to through in with your other COMPLETE meals. Which means, you need to have your diet in check outside of the weight gainer.

MS,CSCS,CF-L1,USAW,WBB HamburgerTrain's Avatar
    HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    For God's sake. Bulking doesn't matter. Fat doesn't matter. What matters is how good you are at your sport. Eat food until good happens. And yes, get a weight gainer.
    "Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats."

Originally Posted by HamburgerTrain View Post
    For God's sake. Bulking doesn't matter. Fat doesn't matter. What matters is how good you are at your sport. Eat food until good happens. And yes, get a weight gainer.
    I agree. This kid is just sold on a weight gainer for some reason. Agreed that a weight gainer is just going to help him gain weight. It won't make him better at whichever sport he is playing. Playing the sport and practicing that sport over and over is what will make him better.

tlray2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    You can get it. I would just eat more though. Eat until you can not eat anymore. Be full all the time and continue to workout. You will grow
    Travis