foreveryoung21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) foreveryoung21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) foreveryoung21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) foreveryoung21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) foreveryoung21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) foreveryoung21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) foreveryoung21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) foreveryoung21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) foreveryoung21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) foreveryoung21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) foreveryoung21 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Tired after eating carbs?

I have been lifting/dieting for a while now and I just now realized this... Does anyone think that a low carb diet would be more benificial?

Pishko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pishko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pishko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pishko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pishko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It will be better for gaining lean mass.

Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by foreveryoung21 View Post
    I have been lifting/dieting for a while now and I just now realized this... Does anyone think that a low carb diet would be more benificial?
    Probably, yes. Many people, myself included, get very tired/sleepy after carbs. Limiting my carbs fixes that completely.
    Part of my transformation here - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149287533

lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Pishko View Post
    It will be better for gaining lean mass.
    No, just no.

Op, try and instead of cutting carbs entirely at first (which will make you feel terrible, but that's common) to limit your carbs to around 100-150g a day.

Or you can try carb back loading, if you are able to workout in the evening.
    You would go low or no carb all day, workout and then slam carb rich foods before bed. The spike in insulin won't be as prevalent because of your workout and the carbs will go primarily into muscle. That would benefit your in all sorts of ways.

However carb back loading SHOULD takes place after a seven to ten day very low carb period to prime the body but you could in theory speed that up with a few seriously intense depletion workouts that will drain the body of stored glycogen.
    The Ultimate Resource on Dieting and Intermittent Fasting
    http://www.blastthebelly.com

costahobo is just really nice. (+1000) costahobo is just really nice. (+1000) costahobo is just really nice. (+1000) costahobo is just really nice. (+1000) costahobo is just really nice. (+1000) costahobo is just really nice. (+1000) costahobo is just really nice. (+1000) costahobo is just really nice. (+1000) costahobo is just really nice. (+1000) costahobo is just really nice. (+1000) costahobo is just really nice. (+1000)
    Or maybe you're eating too many carbs at once. Your body turns all carbs to glucose. Too much glucose (sugar) in the blood at once is a very bad thing. Your body's #1 priority at that point is to stabilize itself and get rid of all that poison (the excess glucose). In order to do that, it tries to conserve as much energy as it can by putting you to sleep. Eat a big plate of pasta, and chances are, you're going to get tired. You need the fiber that naturally goes along with carbs in order to protect yourself from getting sleepy.

Carbs themselves are not bad. All fruits and veggies are carbs. Every morning, I make a big fruit smoothie with papaya, pineapple, mango, and bananas. It makes about a liter of smoothie, and I drink it all. I never get tired after drinking it, ever. I get the exact opposite, an insane rush of energy that lasts for many hours.

GIGAJONES has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GIGAJONES has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GIGAJONES has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Tired, sleepy, and the next morning a headache. Cheat days aren't always as fun as they're cracked up to be.

j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I do mine on Friday or Saturday night just for the reason that when I'm done I sleep like a dead animal. It's the best nights sleep I get all week.
    "When you fall into a pit, you either die or get out."

Adrnalnrsh is not very well liked. (-100) Adrnalnrsh is not very well liked. (-100) Adrnalnrsh is not very well liked. (-100) Adrnalnrsh is not very well liked. (-100) Adrnalnrsh is not very well liked. (-100) Adrnalnrsh is not very well liked. (-100) Adrnalnrsh is not very well liked. (-100) Adrnalnrsh is not very well liked. (-100) Adrnalnrsh is not very well liked. (-100) Adrnalnrsh is not very well liked. (-100) Adrnalnrsh is not very well liked. (-100)
    Listen to the following four podcasts that interview Mat Lalonde about carbs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vhim19MCcyk
    Negging - the art of discrediting a thinker without actually thinking.

pMbeast is just really nice. (+1000) pMbeast is just really nice. (+1000) pMbeast is just really nice. (+1000) pMbeast is just really nice. (+1000) pMbeast is just really nice. (+1000) pMbeast is just really nice. (+1000) pMbeast is just really nice. (+1000) pMbeast is just really nice. (+1000) pMbeast is just really nice. (+1000) pMbeast is just really nice. (+1000) pMbeast is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Adrnalnrsh View Post
    Listen to the following four podcasts that interview Mat Lalonde about carbs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vhim19MCcyk
    in for later to check this out

edit: removed due to copyright infringement. any other links to this?
    Last edited by pMbeast; 02-07-2013 at 12:38 PM.
    Road to 10% :: Reps on sight for FGC

The 2nd Amendment: When they tell you, you don't need it, that's when you really need it.

They will not be judged by the color of their avi but by the content of their posts.

Team MuscleTech Rep/EMT-B BlueRev's Avatar
    BlueRev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlueRev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlueRev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlueRev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlueRev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlueRev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlueRev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlueRev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlueRev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlueRev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlueRev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by foreveryoung21 View Post
    I have been lifting/dieting for a while now and I just now realized this... Does anyone think that a low carb diet would be more beneficial?
    Called carb-coma

It may, its not for everyone.
    Kick.com/beetoxic
    Give me a Follow for some REP

IgboMeso is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IgboMeso is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IgboMeso is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IgboMeso is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IgboMeso is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IgboMeso is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IgboMeso is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IgboMeso is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IgboMeso is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IgboMeso is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IgboMeso is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    This is why I hate refeeds. I prefer the stable energy I get on a TKD. I remember listening to a podcast with Layne Norton were he said that for the average person more than 40grams of Carbs in one sitting was the most they could tolerate without having serious negative affects on Insulin.
    "THERE IS NO SUBSTITUTE FOR PERSISTENCE!"
    "Every time something get a little hard, you quit, you call momma. I dare you to take a little pain. I dare you!"

*Misc Photography Crew*

http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/IgboMeso/

foreveryoung21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) foreveryoung21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) foreveryoung21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) foreveryoung21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) foreveryoung21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) foreveryoung21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) foreveryoung21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) foreveryoung21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) foreveryoung21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) foreveryoung21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) foreveryoung21 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    intresting fuaark