Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: "Resolutioners"

mctkp will become famous soon enough. (+50) mctkp will become famous soon enough. (+50) mctkp will become famous soon enough. (+50) mctkp will become famous soon enough. (+50) mctkp will become famous soon enough. (+50) mctkp will become famous soon enough. (+50) mctkp will become famous soon enough. (+50) mctkp will become famous soon enough. (+50) mctkp will become famous soon enough. (+50) mctkp will become famous soon enough. (+50) mctkp will become famous soon enough. (+50)

"Resolutioners"

The name always seem to be in quotations and for the 3 days I've been a member reading the boards like a good lil scout, it seems to be a bad word too.

I have read several negative comments concerning "resolutioners". In my mind it would seem like a good thing to get more people involved in bodybuilding to not only grow the sport but to help a world gone obese (I include myself in that mix).

The term itself and the negativity that seems voiced with it, almost turned me off to trying to turn around my health.

Some people (I said some, not all) need to remember that regardless of when you made your decision to start, be it Jan 1st or Sept 25th, you made a resolution. So that makes you....gasp.....a "resoultioner" too.

Please stop making it sound like a bad thing, you may actually change someones life in a negative way.

Sorry my 1st post was a rant. Enjoy the day.

Old Man Yelling at Cloud -=FLEX=-'s Avatar
    -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Ok.
    Insta: flexjs

Perseverance, Inc.

Spring Supremacy 2018 - 620/345/615 @ 50 yrs old

RIP Gene Rychlak

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by mctkp View Post
    Sorry my 1st post was a rant.
    Then maybe you should consider deleting it. Forum noobs who only post to criticize the forum rarely get any further help, if, in fact, that's why they ever posted in the first place.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

mctkp will become famous soon enough. (+50) mctkp will become famous soon enough. (+50) mctkp will become famous soon enough. (+50) mctkp will become famous soon enough. (+50) mctkp will become famous soon enough. (+50) mctkp will become famous soon enough. (+50) mctkp will become famous soon enough. (+50) mctkp will become famous soon enough. (+50) mctkp will become famous soon enough. (+50) mctkp will become famous soon enough. (+50) mctkp will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    Then maybe you should consider deleting it. Forum noobs who only post to criticize the forum rarely get any further help, if, in fact, that's why they ever posted in the first place.
    I wasn't posting to criticize the forum, I was simply saying how negative it seems to "noobs" and how it can be detrimental to making a life changing decision. Just an observation from a "noob".

llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    The name always seem to be in quotations and for the 3 days I've been a member reading the boards like a good lil scout, it seems to be a bad word too.

I have read several negative comments concerning "resolutioners". In my mind it would seem like a good thing to get more people involved in bodybuilding to not only grow the sport but to help a world gone obese (I include myself in that mix).

The term itself and the negativity that seems voiced with it, almost turned me off to trying to turn around my health.

Some people (I said some, not all) need to remember that regardless of when you made your decision to start, be it Jan 1st or Sept 25th, you made a resolution. So that makes you....gasp.....a "resoultioner" too.

Please stop making it sound like a bad thing, you may actually change someones life in a negative way.

Getting new people in to fitness is a great thing. However, 80% won't stick with it when you find out you can't get huge in a few months or a 6 pack in a month when you start with 25% bodyfat.

gray73 is just really nice. (+1000) gray73 is just really nice. (+1000) gray73 is just really nice. (+1000) gray73 is just really nice. (+1000) gray73 is just really nice. (+1000) gray73 is just really nice. (+1000) gray73 is just really nice. (+1000) gray73 is just really nice. (+1000) gray73 is just really nice. (+1000) gray73 is just really nice. (+1000) gray73 is just really nice. (+1000)
    You let a word almost stop you from becoming healthy?
    Ummmm....Okay then.
    Tough Times Don't Last-Tough People Do.

The Cake Is A Lie! StressMonkey's Avatar
    StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Uh, no. A New Year's resolution is for a large majority of people just a hollow commitment based on some arbitrary date on the calendar. That's why the packed gyms in January are back to normal by mid-Feb. I made a *decision* to change my life when I was ready and I did.

And you will also find that people who decide to make that change and work hard get encouragement and support around here, no matter when they started. highiso comes to mind because he was a New Year's revolutionist.
    There will come a day when I tire of listening to 80's music. That day is not today.

I Really Miss The Old BodySpace

-O35 5'8" Crew- -Karl_Hungus Crew-

Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by gray73 View Post
    Ummmm....Okay then.
    So much this......
    400# Bulgarian bicep curl

-=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    And OP is red.

That didn't take long.

Perseverance, Inc.

RIP Gene Rychlak

Originally Posted by StressMonkey View Post
    And you will also find that people who decide to make that change and work hard get encouragement and support around here, no matter when they started. highiso comes to mind because he was a New Year's revolutionist.
    That's great!
    I was just commenting on how it seems that new people are looked down upon because of that 80% that don't make the cut.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    I wasn't posting to criticize the forum, I was simply saying how negative it seems to "noobs" and how it can be detrimental to making a life changing decision. Just an observation from a "noob".
    Are you serious? A word posted on an interwebz forum is going to deter someone from making a "life changing decision?"

It's difficult to comprehend someone with such thin skin even just lurking on this site.

Okay, you got me. What's your other username?
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I was a resoluioner in 2010 and i knew it. Was one of the few that made it.

Somebody post up a dealwithit.gif already

BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000)
    I was just commenting on how it seems that new people are looked down upon because of that 80% that don't make the cut.
    Human nature. In just about everything you do, you have to earn respect.

If I were you, I'd get my head down, start working hard and earn it. Then you can come back and call everyone here wankers. Until then though? You're just one of the 80% my friend.
    Just as we all were when we started out.

rnacdaley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rnacdaley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rnacdaley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rnacdaley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rnacdaley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rnacdaley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rnacdaley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rnacdaley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rnacdaley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rnacdaley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rnacdaley is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Resolutioners dont bother me. Most stick to the cardio equipment anyway and my gym has plenty of cardio equip for everyone. I also think the additional revenues collected by the gyms help to facilitate the purchase of new equipment and take care of necessary maintenance that the regular goers require. Sure its close quarters for a few weeks, but then back to normal. If 20% make it through January then good for them.

What bothers me are all the punk teenagers that just make a glorious mess out of the free weight area. Take up space, dont re - rack, etc.

Jvittorio4187 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jvittorio4187 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jvittorio4187 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jvittorio4187 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jvittorio4187 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jvittorio4187 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jvittorio4187 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jvittorio4187 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jvittorio4187 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jvittorio4187 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jvittorio4187 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thanks for sharing that you are insecure. Who cares what people think of you. I got off my ass two years ago to better myself and didn't cruise the fourms and go to the gym telling people to "take it easy" on me. I hope you achieve your goals. But as for you're being offended of a word in quotes, well, "you wont find pity from me".
    WELCOME TO THE PRIDE
    KNEEL TO THE CROWN
    BULKING LIKE A LARD A**

bmccurdy will become famous soon enough. (+50) bmccurdy will become famous soon enough. (+50) bmccurdy will become famous soon enough. (+50) bmccurdy will become famous soon enough. (+50) bmccurdy will become famous soon enough. (+50) bmccurdy will become famous soon enough. (+50) bmccurdy will become famous soon enough. (+50) bmccurdy will become famous soon enough. (+50) bmccurdy will become famous soon enough. (+50) bmccurdy will become famous soon enough. (+50) bmccurdy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    IMHO the reason the word 'resolutioner' is mentioned with a negative connotation is simply because for people that are 'regulars' at the gym and serious about training, for one month of the year the gyms are packed with people that are not serious about getting in shape, they hog the equipment, sitting on machines listening to their ipods and texting everyone they know so their friends know they are at a gym, have no idea what they are doing or should be doing, and have little to no gym etiquette.

Personally, I love all the resolutioners and my gym needs a few more. Why? Since most of them start with good intentions they buy a long-term gym membership only show up for the first month and then you never see them again but they continue to pay their gym membership. This allows me to have nice, well maintained equipment for the other 11 months of the year. Since I typically hit the gym at 5am, most resolutioners aren't that committed to get up that early.

If you are going to let a label thrown at you by a bunch of strangers be your reason to throw in the towel then honestly, you are not determined enough. What are you going to do is 3 or 4 mos time when your friends try to drag you down by telling you you aren't progressing and wasting your time? It shouldn't matter to you what others think or say, even if you hear them, see them point, and know they are thinking it, you need to just say f#$% that, I'm going to be better than that s#$%.

2BLAZERS is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2BLAZERS is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2BLAZERS is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2BLAZERS is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2BLAZERS is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2BLAZERS is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2BLAZERS is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2BLAZERS is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2BLAZERS is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2BLAZERS is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2BLAZERS is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    In general terms: I personally appreciated the ''resolutioners'' as they sign up for 24 months, come about 2 or 3 weeks solid, then let it slip. Without them paying the dues for 20 months of non use my dues would be much higher. I've been working out since college days and seen it so many times. Many of my best buds have given it up over the years too for various excuses. There are also a few people that have been gym members for a decade that all of a sudden in January start coming more then twice a month....

Yes every year a couple of them stick with it for long term.
    and at the same time we lose a couple of the decade long die hards.

In an ideal world EVERYONE would workout, eat healthy, be active and stay fit. We'd also have more gyms then fast food places in town, but instead we've got three Mcdonalds, two Burger Kings, one taco bell, Carls Junior, and countless others that are usually busier then the four gyms.

TonyNail is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyNail is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyNail is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyNail is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyNail is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyNail is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyNail is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyNail is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyNail is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyNail is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyNail is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Noobs are looked down upon because they want someone else to do the homework and research for them, want confirmation that what they are doing is right and then they want to feel warm and fuzzy and get e-highfives about this being "the year". You may be new to training, but your probably not new to Internet forums. They all have stickies and a search function that should be used since all noob questions have been asked and answered at least 1.3 million times on average.

KenJenkinsII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KenJenkinsII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KenJenkinsII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KenJenkinsII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KenJenkinsII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KenJenkinsII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KenJenkinsII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KenJenkinsII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KenJenkinsII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KenJenkinsII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KenJenkinsII is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I don't believe he is talking about at they gym if I understand him correctly. He is talking about the general tone of a few people, mostly one, who has created a hostile environment for the resolutioners here on the forum. You would think this would be more of a place of encouragement but unfortunately the Internet allows people of all kinds. It is the negative part of any forum. The best thing to do OP is ignore that crap, soft through all the information and figure out who is actually helpful and seperate the wheat from the chaff.
    The Unexamined Life is not worth living

Originally Posted by KenJenkinsII View Post
    I don't believe he is talking about at they gym if I understand him correctly. He is talking about the general tone of a few people, mostly one, who has created a hostile environment for the resolutioners here on the forum. You would think this would be more of a place of encouragement but unfortunately the Internet allows people of all kinds. It is the negative part of any forum. The best thing to do OP is ignore that crap, soft through all the information and figure out who is actually helpful and seperate the wheat from the chaff.
    Thanks! That's exactly what I meant.

Originally Posted by KenJenkinsII View Post
    He is talking about the general tone of a few people, mostly one, who has created a hostile environment for the resolutioners here on the forum. You would think this would be more of a place of encouragement but unfortunately the Internet allows people of all kinds. It is the negative part of any forum. The best thing to do OP is ignore that crap, soft through all the information and figure out who is actually helpful and seperate the wheat from the chaff.
    I think it all depends on how one presents oneself on the forums.

I joined here 3 years ago in January and started a thread introducing myself and all the feedback was very positive.

Now look how OP presented himself; very first post was a self-proclaimed "rant".

You get what you give.

Perseverance, Inc.

RIP Gene Rychlak

ABeast1Day is just really nice. (+1000) ABeast1Day is just really nice. (+1000) ABeast1Day is just really nice. (+1000) ABeast1Day is just really nice. (+1000) ABeast1Day is just really nice. (+1000) ABeast1Day is just really nice. (+1000) ABeast1Day is just really nice. (+1000) ABeast1Day is just really nice. (+1000) ABeast1Day is just really nice. (+1000) ABeast1Day is just really nice. (+1000) ABeast1Day is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by -=FLEX=- View Post
    I think it all depends on how one presents oneself on the forums.

I joined here 3 years ago in January and started a thread introducing myself and all the feedback was very positive.

Now look how OP presented himself; very first post was a self-proclaimed "rant".

You get what you give.
    Exactly this ^^ .
    Flex was one of the first people to welcome me and tell me how it is.
    Lots of useful information here given by a diverse group of people.Some polite,some are dicks,some are super aggressive,some are very insightful..Kinda like life,ya know? 1st post rants are not a very good idea when your follow up post is (help me)

Thick skin goes along way in the world of the intraweb.
    ♚ Never seen my Ab's Crew
    ♚ ProMISCuous Crew
    ♚ Oakland Raiders Crew
    ♚ Oakland Athletics Crew

RIP Bro and by bro i mean always my bro.
    http://i.imgur.com/cWsP5Qm.jpg

machined is just really nice. (+1000) machined is just really nice. (+1000) machined is just really nice. (+1000) machined is just really nice. (+1000) machined is just really nice. (+1000) machined is just really nice. (+1000) machined is just really nice. (+1000) machined is just really nice. (+1000) machined is just really nice. (+1000) machined is just really nice. (+1000) machined is just really nice. (+1000)
    There will be so many things to trip you up. You do need to (learn) to be somewhat tough to survive in this game. Accept it and persevere. Remember, your new mental and physical strength will translate to the real world. The fat and out of shape simply can't compete with us. We are stronger, better and will beat them at life, love and in business. Feel it?

Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    So that makes you....gasp.....a "resoultioner" too.
    True. It wasn't that long ago that I was a resolutioner and a noob to the forum. So, I am always pulling for the new members to succeed with their goals.

Unfortunately, by March, most will be gone.

BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000)
    Thanks! That's exactly what I meant.
    LOL. Did you just attempt to neg me?

BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by bmccurdy View Post
    IMHO the reason the word 'resolutioner' is mentioned with a negative connotation is simply because for people that are 'regulars' at the gym and serious about training, for one month of the year the gyms are packed with people that are not serious about getting in shape, they hog the equipment, sitting on machines listening to their ipods and texting everyone they know so their friends know they are at a gym, have no idea what they are doing or should be doing, and have little to no gym etiquette.

Personally, I love all the resolutioners and my gym needs a few more. Why? Since most of them start with good intentions they buy a long-term gym membership only show up for the first month and then you never see them again but they continue to pay their gym membership. This allows me to have nice, well maintained equipment for the other 11 months of the year. Since I typically hit the gym at 5am, most resolutioners aren't that committed to get up that early.

If you are going to let a label thrown at you by a bunch of strangers be your reason to throw in the towel then honestly, you are not determined enough. What are you going to do is 3 or 4 mos time when your friends try to drag you down by telling you you aren't progressing and wasting your time? It shouldn't matter to you what others think or say, even if you hear them, see them point, and know they are thinking it, you need to just say f#$% that, I'm going to be better than that s#$%.
    This. Some people will stick it out. Inevitably some won't, but good on the ones that do. I helped a couple of new folks yesterday - an old chap who was sitting the wrong way round on the lat pulldown and pulling the bar behind his neck and a small girl who couldn't reach high enough to adjust the pulley machine. New people will make mistakes, and sometimes those mistakes will be pretty funny, but there's no reason not to help them out.

Likewise, if new people come here and ask for advice then why not help them? Yes there are a probably a hundred old threads on each topic but not everyone has the time to go through every one of them (send them a link, even).
    Current log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149169243

Now cutting!

Originally Posted by BloodySalad View Post
    LOL. Did you just attempt to neg me?
    No sir, your comment made 100% sense to me.

Quitting is not an option thepainter5's Avatar
    thepainter5 is just really nice. (+1000) thepainter5 is just really nice. (+1000) thepainter5 is just really nice. (+1000) thepainter5 is just really nice. (+1000) thepainter5 is just really nice. (+1000) thepainter5 is just really nice. (+1000) thepainter5 is just really nice. (+1000) thepainter5 is just really nice. (+1000) thepainter5 is just really nice. (+1000) thepainter5 is just really nice. (+1000) thepainter5 is just really nice. (+1000)
    ...The term itself and the negativity that seems voiced with it, almost turned me off to trying to turn around my health.

Some people (I said some, not all) need to remember that regardless of when you made your decision to start, be it Jan 1st or Sept 25th, you made a resolution. So that makes you....gasp.....a "resoultioner" too....
    ....I was simply saying how negative it seems to "noobs" and how it can be detrimental to making a life changing decision. Just an observation from a "noob".
    I think you are thinking that those two statements are interchangeable where as most long term lifters see them as compeletly different statements.

The life changing decision is made for many good reasons while the 'resoloution' usually comes at this time of the year and is in fact only really used in mid december - early February. If you follow through and change your life (I hope you do) and stick around the forum and your gym of choice, you will see this cylce for yourself every year with out fail.

I believe in life changing decisions, resolution's not so much. Highiso is an exception, not the rule.

mal1ce is just really nice. (+1000) mal1ce is just really nice. (+1000) mal1ce is just really nice. (+1000) mal1ce is just really nice. (+1000) mal1ce is just really nice. (+1000) mal1ce is just really nice. (+1000) mal1ce is just really nice. (+1000) mal1ce is just really nice. (+1000) mal1ce is just really nice. (+1000) mal1ce is just really nice. (+1000) mal1ce is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by gray73 View Post
    Ummmm....Okay then.
    So much this, exactly what I was thinking reading opies post.
    If you're gonna let some term on an Internet website get your panties in a knot, then good luck sticking with any sort of decent workout plan. When I first started training with my strength coach, I was constantly yelled at for the first 5-6 months...."C'mon, that's b*tch weight, lets go, what kind of a man are you?"
    You think "resolutioner" is bad, lol.....I'll send my coach over, he's amazing with the colorful metaphors.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult...

--==2013 Meet Lifts==--
    147.5/325 | 90/198 | 202.5/446

Finally accused of juicin Corbi's Avatar
    Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    In my mind it would seem like a good thing to get more people involved in bodybuilding to not only grow the sport but to help a world gone obese (I include myself in that mix).
    Personally I am in this for myself, I could not possibly care less if more people get involved..in fact I like it when my gym is 3/4 empty. I also don't care if someone wants to be fat and not workout, it's not my problem. Bodybuilding...ehh I really don't care for that term but whatever is an extremely selfish sport, you have to be 100% into for you.

Cry me a river already, butthurt over a word? You'll be gone in less than a month. Here fill this out and get back to us.

"You know that little thing in your head that keeps you from saying things you shouldn't? Yeah, well, I don't have one of those."