Bledz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Looking for input on this routine/diet

Long story short - I recently had a terrible year. So much so I didn't leave my apartment for 2 weeks at one point... literally. Started changing some things back in November and am getting back into the gym, I used to work out a lot and was in the gym 4/5 times a week since high school wrestling.

I've lost and gained weight my whole life, back and forth, but I've never been quite this out of shape. I'm 6'3" and sitting probably in the upper 200's. I understand that radically losing weight fast is unhealthy, but I need to make this change fast to get my mentality back to where I was.

An example of my normal work out would be something like:

Shoulders
    Behind the neck shoulder press
    Lateral and front raises
    Arnold Press
    Sitting bent over flyes
    Close grip upright rows
    dumbbell shoulder press
    shoulder shrugs

I'll do cardio twice a day, not nearly as much as I could, but usually right after work out and then again at night.

My question really comes in with my nutritional intake right now. I'm eating:

3 egg whites, one with yolk for the vitamin d and so forth
    whey protein shake after work out with water
    a very small snack of vegetables, could be celery or carrots usually
    and then usually a 6 oz grilled chicken breast, maybe celery on the side

I realize that's not a lot of calories, it's actually less than 800, which I would have been against back in the day especially while working out, but I'm pretty desperate for some fast results. It's more of a mental issue than a health issue, as much of a health issue as it may be. Thank you so much for any input anyone's got. I'm also happy to answer any further questions.

sxesniper will become famous soon enough. (+50) sxesniper will become famous soon enough. (+50) sxesniper will become famous soon enough. (+50) sxesniper will become famous soon enough. (+50) sxesniper will become famous soon enough. (+50) sxesniper will become famous soon enough. (+50) sxesniper will become famous soon enough. (+50) sxesniper will become famous soon enough. (+50) sxesniper will become famous soon enough. (+50) sxesniper will become famous soon enough. (+50) sxesniper will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    First off that many exercises for shoulders is overkill, secondly eating that few calories is gonna have the wrong effect. You need to get over the lose fat fast stuff and shoot for 2-3 lbs a week max and be healthy instead of killing yourself.

Self proclaimed parrot Determinednoob's Avatar
    Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    You can't rush it. 800 calories is too low, and eventually you are going to stall and have to do a metabolism reset. look at the link in my sig. get on a decent prewritten lifting routine. eat at 20-30% under maintenance until you get down to 20% or so bodyfat and then drop back to 10-20%
    The floundering has ended.

AlexBonesteel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    In a practical sense, of course, most of the background isn’t that relevant but the simple facts for the majority of folks is this: you can either cut calories hard OR do large amounts of activity. But you can’t do both. Well you can do both, you just probably shouldn’t under most circumstances.

Working out as much as you are, coupled with the extreme calorie restriction you are imposing upon yourself is going to put an extreme amount of stress on your body. Too much stress = increase in the hormone Cortisol. That is bad news if you are trying to lose body fat. And bad news for your health and well being in general. I've had the best results with a 400-800 calorie deficit per day. Doing that, coupled with weight training caused me to lose 60 lbs and increse my strength by 40% in 12 months
    Last edited by AlexBonesteel; 01-08-2013 at 01:32 PM.

thej21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) thej21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) thej21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) thej21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) thej21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) thej21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) thej21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) thej21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) thej21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) thej21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) thej21 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You did not mention your financial situation, but you should seriously think about getting a coach or at least do a serious amount of research before you go crazy on your diet like that.
    Checking in with a doctor and a professional dietician would be a good idea to figure out how far you can go. But 800 cal is to low in any case, even if you were in a coma. It will backfire faster than you think.

Bledz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I really appreciate all the feed back.

Being honest, I expected the negativity ( not to be confused as an insult, despite the aggressive connotation "negativity" has) and concern regarding my calorie intake, especially considering my current routine.

I guess what I'm getting at is that while I can up my calorie intake with some added oats in the morning, milk instead of water for the shake, and maybe a couple other small additions; but all in all, I'd prefer not to go above 1200-1400 calories. Again, this could be a pipe dream and I very much understand the penalties for over stressing your body and losing weight at such a rapid and unhealthy rate, but I'm very much desperate to break out, and stay out, of this depression I hit last year. Any further comments and advice are very much appreciated. Thank you again.

Edit: I'm pretty financially stable, but my schedule isn't very concrete currently, I could be anywhere at anytime and am literally working out based around working, spending time with family, and juggling a female interest. Two more quick points of information, I'm 25 and I work in some pretty strenuous conditions, which is why I try not to exhaust myself on my night time "casual jog."

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    You should read Lyle McDonalds rapid fatloss handbook. It is possible but it requires care. I think you underestimate the physical and mental damage that a semi starvation diet can cause.

AlexBonesteel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I guess just make sure to keep your protein intake high enough and focus more on intensity than duration. When you're training, your cortisol level doesn't usually peak until after 60 minutes of intense exercise. Try doing interval based training mixed in with calisthenics, like pushups, body squats etc...