AlexM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

water instead of milk with protein?

i somewhere in this forum (can't remember where) that milk slows absorbtion...is this true?

i like to use milk for the extra calcium and protein

thnx

iamtheking has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iamtheking has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iamtheking has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iamtheking has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iamtheking has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iamtheking has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yeah me too , i like milk for the extra protein and calcium so can anyone shed some light on the subject?
    Singaporean here

"If its brown,drink it down. If its black, send it back." Homer Simpson
    System Of A Down ROCKS

Bigbone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think best to take it with milk, except post workouts. Post workouts you don't want miks absorption, but the other times the milk will give you around 8 more grams of protein per cup

scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz
    Originally posted by Bigbone
    I think best to take it with milk, except post workouts. Post workouts you don't want miks absorption, but the other times the milk will give you around 8 more grams of protein per cup
    bump milk does slow absorbtion but by not that great a deal, but better safer adn fuel those muscles quicker after workout...

Nelson Montana has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    MIlk protein is absorbed more slowly, making it somewhat "anti-catabolic." But lactose is highly insulogenic allowing for rapid absorbtion of nutrients into the bloodstream. So, unless you have trouble digesting it, milk is a great food. Use skim if you're cutting and whole milk works great if you're bulking. But avoid any dairy product if you need to look sharp for a photo or a show. It tend to form mucus, accumulate under the skin and smooth you out.

iamtheking has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iamtheking has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iamtheking has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iamtheking has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iamtheking has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iamtheking has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by Nelson Montana
    MIlk protein is absorbed more slowly, making it somewhat "anti-catabolic." But lactose is highly insulogenic allowing for rapid absorbtion of nutrients into the bloodstream. So, unless you have trouble digesting it, milk is a great food. Use skim if you're cutting and whole milk works great if you're bulking. But avoid any dairy product if you need to look sharp for a photo or a show. It tend to form mucus, accumulate under the skin and smooth you out.
    wow good stuff u got there. thanks for the info. oh yeah is dextrose really corn sugar???
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...+made+celltech

the second reply in this thread .
    Singaporean here

"If its brown,drink it down. If its black, send it back." Homer Simpson
    System Of A Down ROCKS

ShaneG85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShaneG85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShaneG85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShaneG85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShaneG85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShaneG85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShaneG85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShaneG85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShaneG85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShaneG85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShaneG85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally posted by Nelson Montana
    Whole milk contains 5g of saturated fat per cup. Most milk drinkers drink several cups a day. That is not the healthiest thing to do. The only difference between whole and skim milk is the added BAD fats and the taste (which skim milk tastes better IMO)

Back to the topic, milk will slow down the absorption of the protein. I would recommend putting the protein in the water for post workout.

Shane
    Go here for your supplement needs: http://www.bodybuilding.com/store

Go here to view my articles: http://www.teenbodybuilding.com/shane.htm

pjorstad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by iamtheking
    yeah me too , i like milk for the extra protein and calcium so can anyone shed some light on the subject?
    my protein powder has plenty of calcium, doesn't yours???

thanks for the good info

the amount of calcium depends on the brand of the protein...

i use trader joe's soy protein lol

but slow absorption doesn't really mean much does it? the protein still gets absorbed......but just slower...how much slower is a more important question i guess
    Weight: 165
    Height: 6'1"
    Bench: 190 - 7/20/03
    Squat: 265 - 7/01/03
    (Sucks I know) I'm just getting serious about lifting so screw you lol

Bigbow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bigbow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bigbow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bigbow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bigbow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bigbow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bigbow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bigbow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bigbow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bigbow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bigbow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

my 2 cents

just about every whey protein tastes waaay better with milk, personally i don't care, i'm mixing my whey with skim milk. The taste is delicious with milk, and awkward with water. Since i take it right after my workout I don't mind a what 10-20 mins. slower absorption rate (at worst, and by my own logic). It will mostly all still get absorbed.

Bigbone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    milk does taste better

for breakfast I have one scoop with milk + 3 raw eggs

after workout I have two scoops with water and it takes good with two scoops and water

before sleeping I have one scoop with milk.

John Drake has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) John Drake has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) John Drake has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) John Drake has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) John Drake has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) John Drake has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) John Drake has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) John Drake has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) John Drake has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) John Drake has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) John Drake has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Milk protein...

Good advice all around from Nelson above.

The better quality whey products of today, giving ours and Labrada as prime examples, are made to taste great in nothing more than ice water. Ours has a rich, complex and creamy taste in water alone as opposed to tasting flat and "thin" as many still do.

Compared to the Weider powders I grew up on, there is a world of difference not only in taste, but also mixability and most importantly results with the best high tech powders of today.

As a side note, we are finding more and more lifters adding their powder into foods such as yogurt, pancakes, muffins, etc. too... This is a smart tactic as long as you don't use a brand that contains aspartame. No way do you want to cook that stuff and ingest it...
    Muscle And Sports Science Honcho

i havent heard much about aspartame except i know its in diet soda....i wasnt planning on cooking it but what would happen if u did?
    Weight: 165
    Height: 6'1"
    Bench: 190 - 7/20/03
    Squat: 265 - 7/01/03
    (Sucks I know) I'm just getting serious about lifting so screw you lol