philribeiro1 is just really nice. (+1000) philribeiro1 is just really nice. (+1000) philribeiro1 is just really nice. (+1000) philribeiro1 is just really nice. (+1000) philribeiro1 is just really nice. (+1000) philribeiro1 is just really nice. (+1000) philribeiro1 is just really nice. (+1000) philribeiro1 is just really nice. (+1000) philribeiro1 is just really nice. (+1000) philribeiro1 is just really nice. (+1000) philribeiro1 is just really nice. (+1000)

Exclamation What supplements are safe for a teenager

Honestly, I have NO idea what supplements are, or for. Im 16 years old, and just starting to workout.

From reading around, what i get so far is that your supposed to take something before and after the workout.

What is it? Some type of powder you make into a drink or smoothie? are they pills?

Also my mom always says that certain things are bad for teenagers, so what would a good before and after supplement be for a beginner, and how do you take it

mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Food. That's all you need. Lift big and eat big.
    Supplement a good diet: don't diet on supplements.

MAN Sports Lead Rep

Disclaimer: The statement above reflects that of my own opinion & in no way that of MAN Sports. Our products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

IG: @eminentandpowerfulco

philribeiro1 is just really nice. (+1000) philribeiro1 is just really nice. (+1000) philribeiro1 is just really nice. (+1000) philribeiro1 is just really nice. (+1000) philribeiro1 is just really nice. (+1000) philribeiro1 is just really nice. (+1000) philribeiro1 is just really nice. (+1000) philribeiro1 is just really nice. (+1000) philribeiro1 is just really nice. (+1000) philribeiro1 is just really nice. (+1000) philribeiro1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by mtpaquette View Post
    Well right now i have a little more bf than i should, been trying to loose weight.

My mom bought a protein powder than i make shakes out of, would that be enough? And for food i eat meat and vegetables.

So right now should i eat less and loose my fat, then start to lift big and eat big lol

schneppy07 is just really nice. (+1000) schneppy07 is just really nice. (+1000) schneppy07 is just really nice. (+1000) schneppy07 is just really nice. (+1000) schneppy07 is just really nice. (+1000) schneppy07 is just really nice. (+1000) schneppy07 is just really nice. (+1000) schneppy07 is just really nice. (+1000) schneppy07 is just really nice. (+1000) schneppy07 is just really nice. (+1000) schneppy07 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by mtpaquette View Post
    I agree. Make sure your getting your meals in and your lifting correctly and it will come. The most I would recommend Is whey and a Multi vitamin but that's about it. Keep track and write down all your workouts and meals so you can find out what works for you best for you.

mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    With as ridiculous as your testosterone levels should be right now just focus on good work outs and putting some quality size on.

MAN Sports Lead Rep

Disclaimer: The statement above reflects that of my own opinion & in no way that of MAN Sports. Our products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

my family is a vitamin freak lol i swallow like 15 pills a day, and they are multi vitamins and other stuff, anyways, one question ive been asking but havent gotton a straight anwser yet, what would be faster to get from this imgur.com/FCRV3 to something like this imgur.com/QTPz5
    Loose all my un needed body fat and get slim, then workout and bulk, or just stay as i am now, and not worry about bulking and just weight lift and workout

Big is out, Greek is in Outside backer's Avatar
    Outside backer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Outside backer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Outside backer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Outside backer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Outside backer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Outside backer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Outside backer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Outside backer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Outside backer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Outside backer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Outside backer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    steakadrol potatobolin, kidneybeanotic, and broccolianabol

Add muscle. You're "skinny-fat".

MAN Sports Lead Rep

Registered Genius GimmeTheJooce's Avatar
    GimmeTheJooce is not very helpful. (-500) GimmeTheJooce is not very helpful. (-500) GimmeTheJooce is not very helpful. (-500) GimmeTheJooce is not very helpful. (-500) GimmeTheJooce is not very helpful. (-500) GimmeTheJooce is not very helpful. (-500) GimmeTheJooce is not very helpful. (-500) GimmeTheJooce is not very helpful. (-500) GimmeTheJooce is not very helpful. (-500) GimmeTheJooce is not very helpful. (-500) GimmeTheJooce is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by philribeiro1 View Post
    Honestly, I have NO idea what supplements are, or for. Im 16 years old, and just starting to workout.

From reading around, what i get so far is that your supposed to take something before and after the workout.

What is it? Some type of powder you make into a drink or smoothie? are they pills?

Also my mom always says that certain things are bad for teenagers, so what would a good before and after supplement be for a beginner, and how do you take it
    "He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors." -Thomas Jefferson

οὖτος μὲν οἴεταί τι εἰδέναι οὐκ εἰδώς, ἐγὼ δέ, ὥσπερ οὖν οὐκ οἶδα, οὐδὲ οἴμαι

hahahahahaha so funny cause i was just watching scrubs!

Brolympics Gold Medalist Corey_Ellis's Avatar
    Corey_Ellis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Corey_Ellis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Corey_Ellis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Corey_Ellis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Corey_Ellis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Corey_Ellis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Corey_Ellis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Corey_Ellis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Corey_Ellis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Corey_Ellis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Corey_Ellis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Start with a solid lifting program and good diet. That's all you need.
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

GimmeTheJooce is not very helpful. (-500) GimmeTheJooce is not very helpful. (-500) GimmeTheJooce is not very helpful. (-500) GimmeTheJooce is not very helpful. (-500) GimmeTheJooce is not very helpful. (-500) GimmeTheJooce is not very helpful. (-500) GimmeTheJooce is not very helpful. (-500) GimmeTheJooce is not very helpful. (-500) GimmeTheJooce is not very helpful. (-500) GimmeTheJooce is not very helpful. (-500) GimmeTheJooce is not very helpful. (-500)
    hahahahahaha so funny cause i was just watching scrubs!
    reps for watching the best show ever

but my dude, if you haven't got a clue what supps are about you need to start off a little slower.. find a caloric intake calculator either an app or on google, track your calories and eat right.. then bust your a$$ in the gym. If you want detailed advice and links just message me
    "He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors." -Thomas Jefferson

00s4boy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 00s4boy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 00s4boy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 00s4boy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 00s4boy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 00s4boy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 00s4boy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 00s4boy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 00s4boy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 00s4boy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 00s4boy has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

First and foremost watch and learn, though 90% of the threads you will see in this forum daily you should disregard because their bs.

A basic foundation for any supplementing is usually multi/fish oil/creatine/protein.

As for inquiring about pre and post workout drinks, most of us use preworkouts because we either train bright and early and are lacking energy, or it's after a 8-12 hour workday and were beat and need us a pick me up. Most preworkouts are just caffeine and other stimulants, but being your age where you are still developing it is suggested to stay away from them to not put any excess stress on your heart. Similar effects can be had from drinking an expresso or an energy drink(energy drinks are just loaded with more sugar then we prefer) but if you do choose to drink a caffeinated beverage before a workout be careful listen to your heart if you feel it racing or your getting light heated stop take a break.

You'll also see intra workout products, their nothing fancy mostly just rapid release amino acids and electrolytes only really beneficial if your going to be exercising after 8-10 hours of not eating. Otherwise your body will already have those amino acids on hand from eating. Water or Gatorade will do you fine intra workout.

Post workouts are basically just drinking a meal after a workout to replenish proteins and carbs, not essential but pretty common place. Things like whey protein with some oats and peanut butter tossed in, you got a blender could toss in a banana too or just eat it on the side.

Ok onto some more supplementing 101. If your parents are already having you choke down vitamin and mineral pills you might want to do a comparison of the ingredients to some of the popular multi's we use like Orange Triad or Anavite.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...1859871&page=1
    That's a good thread to help you do a comparison, I'd personally suggest Orange Triad(new formula doesn't use artificial coloring as well) reasons being is it's 45 days with joint/flex and immune/digestive support, i figure if their choking down tons of pills if you can show them a comparison of orange triad to their multi vitamins maybe get them to try it first so they will let you use it. The reason I'm not suggesting Anavite more is because it contains beta alanine(which is a great compound) but it can cause a tingling feeling on your skin(hit me in the face most) if your parents tried it first they might be like WTF your done.

Next fish oil if they have you tossing down a slew of pills already fish oil is probably one of them as well for it is shown to have all around health benefits and none of us eat enough fish. One thing that is important is one the key elements in fish oil is the concentration of two specific omega 3 fatty acids EPA/DHA while all omega 3's are good those are the ones in fish oil that promote the most health benefits. I would suggest looking into Controlled Labs Oximega standardized to 1200mg out of 2000mg of fish oil for EPA/DHA per 2 pills, dosed twice a day puts you right in between the commonly suggested 2-3g's of EPA/DHA. Other things like flax seed oil or CLA or 3-6-9 blends aren't really needed.

Creatine is the next one, it's a touch and go subject some people say it's fine for everyone, others say it's not. Most of the research proves creatine to be safe no matter what, it's found in steak in minimal concentrations, your body produces it in minimal concentrations. Being green to the supplement routine you've probably seen adds for creatine with these crazy vascular huge dudes. Creatine isn't a steroid, creatine isn't going to get you huge, it's a basic supplement shown to help muscles absorb nutrients. Their are some claims that it can be hard on your kidneys, or others with gastrointestinal bloat from it. If you do end up using creatine Creapure is the most trusted supplier of creatine monohydrate(so you understand supplier KFC uses Tyson Foods chicken, KFC is the brand, Tyson is the supplier). Sorry subject I forgot to touch on creatine can be confusing, so if you were to look up creatine your going to see all types of crazy thing like creatine micronized, creatine monohydrate, creatine hcl, kre-alkyn, magnesium creatine chelate. It's all basically the same thing, micronized just means small particles(makes it less gritty drinking, creatine doesn't really dissolve well), monohydrate is your basic creatine, hcl just means it's creatine chemically bonded to a hydrochloride molecule(supposedly it dissolves better and if people experience gastrointestinal bloat this form lessens that but also comes with a premium price tag, kre-alkyn is just monohydrate with a base(if you've done chemistry you've heard of acids and base's) which is supposed to help with absorption(most people here aside from AAEFX company representatives think Kre-Alkyn is a joke), magnesium creatine chelate is just a designer form of creatine shown to have better absorption but the bulk monohydrate is so cheap it's hard to justify it. So in the end for creatine my suggestion is Optimum nutrition Micronized Creatine Monohydrate for someone new and your size 3g's a day would be plenty dosed every day no specific time no need to stop taking it ever, optimum uses that Creapure supplier I was talking about and they have 2000g tubs which would be a 2 year supply for you for like $37 dollars. A lot of the bottles say load creatine. Loading is basically dosing it like 4 times a day for a week because it builds up in your system, your body can only absorb so much at once you'll just end up peeing the excess out(not joking I've overdone it and found white stains in my underwear from that last drip after taking a leak when i overloaded with creatine). So their is no need to load as I said it's not going to give you steroid like effects or superhuman strength when working out, it just helps. Ok that kinda turned into a giant block of text anyway moving on.

Protein supplement or food as long as your getting at least 1g per pound of lean body mass you'll be ok, if your a big eater trying to pack on weight up to 2g is ok too. Protein sources, eggs, beef, chicken, fish, peanut butter, milk the list goes on. Protein powders are basically just flavored milk protein concentrate's. How to put it easily got it, little miss muffet sat on her tuffet eating her curds and whey, along came a spider, you know the rest. What I was getting at is, curds are basically casein protein from milk, and whey is whey protein. Protein powder digestion rates, and blends and all that arn't a huge factor, finding one what a decent protein to calorie ratio that tastes good and fits your budget will work. Nutrition is key, protein powder isn't going to make or break you working out it just helps us who don't have a chance to eat meals enough. You could even get buy with a post workout shake that's like some milk, chocolate syrup some peanut butter and some Quaker instant oats.

Ok i've covered all the basics and i've been typing for like 45 minutes i'm done.

Rewatching scrubs with my family cause i just cant get enough of it

00s4 thanks i dont have time to read all of that, but the second i wake up i will!

I know for a fact im tacking a multi vitamin and fish oil

I had to go to the doctors for a problem (holistic doctor, like i said my moms a natural person)

She gave me tons of vitamins and stuff for happiness, motivation and energy.
    Last edited by philribeiro1; 01-04-2013 at 10:43 PM. Reason: mistake

SZMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SZMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SZMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SZMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SZMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SZMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SZMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SZMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SZMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SZMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SZMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yo, take it easy. Just get a tub of protein and a multi-vitamin. No need for any pre workouts or fat burners. Add some quality creatine such as creapure (creatine monohydrate) later down the road in a few months. As far as looking like a model, sorry to break your bubble, but those guys either juice up or they have been sculpting their bodies for years. In order to be like that pic, you gotta start off slowly and build yourself up. Good luck!!!

bsdiesel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    A clean healthy diet, workout, and sleep. Continue same process :-)

Originally Posted by SZMan View Post
    Yo, take it easy. Just get a tub of protein and a multi-vitamin. No need for any pre workouts or fat burners. Add some quality creatine such as creapure (creatine monohydrate) later down the road in a few months. As far as looking like a model, sorry to break your bubble, but those guys either juice up or they have been sculpting their bodies for years. In order to be like that pic, you gotta start off slowly and build yourself up. Good luck!!!
    i have all the time in the world, that just my MAIN goal, I know its not gonna happen over night, and thanks, i just wasnt really sure what supplements were

Originally Posted by SZMan View Post
    dafuq?? you don't need whey I would've suggested a good pwo.. you'll get more from that

Registered User SupplementCHIEF's Avatar
    SupplementCHIEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SupplementCHIEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SupplementCHIEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SupplementCHIEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SupplementCHIEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SupplementCHIEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SupplementCHIEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SupplementCHIEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SupplementCHIEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SupplementCHIEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SupplementCHIEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Whey, fishoil, multivitamin

Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    At 16 I would focus on the workout and the nutrition aspects first. Supplements are exactly what they are meant to be to supplement what you can't get regularly. At your age you will get more out of your body then you will in let's say 10 years. Focus now on the basics and you'll do fine.
    If you not feeling the burn your not pushing hard enough.
    "Don't talk about it, be about it" MK
    Change, Challenge, Compete