Jacksonbax has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jacksonbax has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jacksonbax has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jacksonbax has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jacksonbax has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jacksonbax has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jacksonbax has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Looking for suggestions on a good cheap home punching bag

Hello, Im looking for a home punching bag, preferably one that doesnt need to be hung from anything, something with a base, but that will also be tall enough for somebody 6 feet tall. It does not need to be super heavy. It's not for someone with Manny Pacquiao punching power. Six feet, about 150 pounds. It's not meant to be used to get better at boxing, but rather just for a bit of a workout, hopefully helping with cardio and upper body at the same time. Most of all Im looking for the cheapest one that will work and not break.

Thank you for the help!

Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"An adult male weighs at least 200 pounds." - Mark Rippetoe

▪█──█▪ Equipment Crew #44 ▪█──█▪

||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #11 ||---||

AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I got my Everlast 80-lb punching bag -- like new -- free on craigslist. Have you tried cl?
    You need a good rack, a bench, and a 300-lb Olympic weight set. Now, what was your question?

My home gym: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1465291461&viewfull=1#post1465291461.

()---() York Barbell Club #1 (DD, RH, Kg) ()---() []---[] Equipment Crew #36 []---[] []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #51 []---[] [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew #29 [M]===[6] ~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I paid $50 for an Everlast 80# heavy bag, a speedbag with an upgraded swivel and an Everlast heavy bag/speedbag stand -- from craigslist. A former student of mine offered me his punching bag on a stand that you fill with water or sand for free, but I passed. Try craigslist, for the love of all that is good and decent in this world.

Registered User americandream11's Avatar
    americandream11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) americandream11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) americandream11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) americandream11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) americandream11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) americandream11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) americandream11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) americandream11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) americandream11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) americandream11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) americandream11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Jacksonbax View Post
    Hello, Im looking for a home punching bag, preferably one that doesnt need to be hung from anything, something with a base, but that will also be tall enough for somebody 6 feet tall. It does not need to be super heavy. It's not for someone with Manny Pacquiao punching power. Six feet, about 150 pounds. It's not meant to be used to get better at boxing, but rather just for a bit of a workout, hopefully helping with cardio and upper body at the same time. Most of all Im looking for the cheapest one that will work and not break.

Thank you for the help!
    The Century Wavemaster is a nice bag for what you're looking for. I'd personally much rather have a heavy bag (not hanging from a stand but the Wavemaster would be a nice alternative.

I'd really just spring for the Century Bob though if I was you. That would keep me more motivated to use it and I think it's more worth it. I will try to find a nice sale for you when you decide on what you want.

Jacksonbax has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jacksonbax has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jacksonbax has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jacksonbax has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jacksonbax has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jacksonbax has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jacksonbax has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by americandream11 View Post
    The Century Wavemaster is a nice bag for what you're looking for. I'd personally much rather have a heavy bag (not hanging from a stand but the Wavemaster would be a nice alternative.

I'd really just spring for the Century Bob though if I was you. That would keep me more motivated to use it and I think it's more worth it. I will try to find a nice sale for you when you decide on what you want.
    Thanks for the replies everyone! I appreciate the help. I probably should have made it clearer in the op thread that I know nothing about boxing equipment. I don't know what a Century wavemaster is, or how it differs from a heavy bag, or what a Century Bob is and why it would keep me more motivated. I see there are two mentions of a 80 pound Everlast bag... is this the most popular one or considered the standard in boxing gyms or something?

And americandream I appreciate the help, and Ill let you know what Ive decided when I decide. Right now I just dont know what any of these are and how they compare.

I am still looking for answers to my last post here, bump.

RL Erik 'Iwhspr Fe comes' matrix563's Avatar
    matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    i have more fun punching the century bob than the heavy bag. its great for practicing just where you want to throw a punch.
    ▪█───────█▪ Equipment Crew #46 ▪█───────█▪
    ▪█───────█▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #21 ▪█───────█▪
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #33 ||---||

~ 5th dimensional being ~

fishpat86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishpat86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishpat86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishpat86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishpat86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishpat86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishpat86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishpat86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishpat86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishpat86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishpat86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I use the wife but she cost me £12,000 to make my wife so I would have a look at craigslist?

(I am kidding, I do not hit my wife! It is in fact the other way round and that was a joke at how expensive weddings are)

(I also do not think domestic violence is funny)

(But I do think that when someone talks about domestic violence people instantly imagine a man hitting a woman. It can also be the other way wound as the woman being the aggressor and I believe the traditional views degrade same sex couples as they are just as free as different sex couples to hit each other)
    New Evolution shat on me

-!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #7 -!!!---!!!-

"Were not talking about bodybuilding you fking retard. We're talking about Gorillas"

cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz
    The Everlast 80#- 100# bag is a cheap workable punching bag. It is not the greatest....but it's cheap and does what you need it to do.
    It's known for getting hard spots in it where stuffing material settles so you have to watch that.

Everlast makes some higher end bags that are pretty good quality and don't get hard spots...but again, it's a higher end bag.

Depending on where you life (US, UK, etc) check placed like Combat Sport International or MMAWarehouse's web sites. They generally have clearance or close out sections where you can pick up bags fairly cheap. The issue is if you buy them filled, shipping is going to be $$$. Thats why a lot of people look to Craigslist.

Honestly, if you don't know anything about boxing/kickboxing, I would check places like Craigslist for the Everlast bag. Century isn't a bad cheap bag either - just keep in mind, they're cheap for a reason. If you want something that is "boxing gym" standard, be prepared to spend a good little chunk of money.
    "Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard"

The more I workout at commercial gyms, the more I hate commercial gyms.

Psalms 144:1
    Praise be to the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.

What is the difference between everlast bag and century?

Thanks again everyone for the replies! At this point the only question I still have that hasn't been answered is what is the difference between the everlast and century bags? Why did one poster here say the century was better because it "motivates you better" or something like that? Does it have targets on it or something that make it more fun to punch because you have something to aim at? Is it electronic where it tells you how hard you are punching, so that you can see your progress in strength month to month as you work out with it? (Is there anything like that, by the way?)

What's the difference between the century and everlast bags? And if they were the same price, which one to get?

I wasn't planning to buy pre-filled bags (at least I mean the stand would not pre-filled, the bag would have to be).. but should I be buying with a pre-filled stand? I just assumed you could fill it with water at home.

I noticed there is an "everlast heavy bag floor stand" which looks sort of like a guitar stand but with multiple apparatuses...I thought it was just for keeping the bag in the corner while out of use, but I saw comments of people talking about the height of the bag while in the stand, making it sound like they used it to put the bag in the stand and then punch it, and the height could be adjusted. Is this something I should look at? Buying the real deal hanging bag, then putting it in the floor stand like that? Or is it better to just buy one that is made to be on the floor?

Also I was looking to order from amazon. Not the best place after all? Im definitely looking to save money, but would also prefer not to buy a used one, although maybe I will since the savings sounds so significant.
    Last edited by Jacksonbax; 01-05-2013 at 08:49 AM.

Also will I need boxing gloves, I assume so? More in doubt, will I need wraps then, too, or can I just wear the gloves bare on my hands?

Are there are any good, cheap mitts and speed bags out there too? Do speed bags require ceiling mounting normally too or can I get that for the floor?

And for the punching bag, for wavemaster ones, is the original wavemaster the best, or the "powerline wavemaster"?
    Last edited by Jacksonbax; 01-05-2013 at 09:05 AM.