Thread: Forearm Help

Registered User Bodybuilding_MD's Avatar
    Bodybuilding_MD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up Forearm Help

Hi guys, Need some help building my forearms. There is quite a disparity between my forearms and biceps. My forearms just wont grow, but my biceps are. I do seated wrist curls once a week, usually on Bicep Day.
    Perhaps I was under the delusion that curling also worked forearms and that would be enough.
    Is it feasible to work forearms more than once a week? Are there exercises that are "better" than regular wrist curls?
    Thanks

Brian
    Bodybuilding Doc

take it easy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) take it easy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) take it easy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) take it easy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) take it easy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey Brian, assming the pics you have in your profile are current, I think your forearms are very much proportional to your upper arms.

Smile Forearm Help

Hi, thanks for the reply,
    I think it is the extensor side of my forearms that is the problem. There is very little definition and they seem small at the wrist
    I was thinking of finishing off my bicep workouts with reverse bicep curls. I do appreciate your opinions.

Brian
    Bodybuilding Doc

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Bodybuilding_MD View Post
    Hi, thanks for the reply,
    I think it is the extensor side of my forearms that is the problem. There is very little definition and they seem small at the wrist
    I was thinking of finishing off my bicep workouts with reverse bicep curls. I do appreciate your opinions.

Brian
    Do the curls with the grip facing outwards. This will target the forearm more, as well as bicep.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

Byrne89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Byrne89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Byrne89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Byrne89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Byrne89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Byrne89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Byrne89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Byrne89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Byrne89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Byrne89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Byrne89 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    heres my favorite forearm workout..... you out a barbell behind your back and let it hang to your but...you want it so your palms are facing away from your....then just curl your hands up and it makes your forearms BURN..... add weight to barbell if nessecary....

stinz1018 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Some excercises to help forearm development

reverse-grip curls
    hammer curls
    behind the back wrist curls
    front wrist curls
    "The meaning of life is not simply to exist, to survive, but to move ahead, to go up, to achieve, to conquer." -Arnold

grow stronger comrade rockhuddy's Avatar
    rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    hammer curls
    farmer's walks
    plate pinches
    static holds with a heavy barbell
    "If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

stinz1018 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I also wanted to add that forearms need a lot of work to really add bulk. This is becuase we use them everyday so much that they need special attention to really get full development. Other lifts involving pulling also do work the forearm to a slight degree.
    "The meaning of life is not simply to exist, to survive, but to move ahead, to go up, to achieve, to conquer." -Arnold

infinitenexus will become famous soon enough. (+50) infinitenexus will become famous soon enough. (+50) infinitenexus will become famous soon enough. (+50) infinitenexus will become famous soon enough. (+50) infinitenexus will become famous soon enough. (+50) infinitenexus will become famous soon enough. (+50) infinitenexus will become famous soon enough. (+50) infinitenexus will become famous soon enough. (+50) infinitenexus will become famous soon enough. (+50) infinitenexus will become famous soon enough. (+50) infinitenexus will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If your forearms are a problem, then don't just work them once per week, after your biceps. Work them before your biceps, first off, and secondly, work them more often. Two or three times a week is okay. Also, when doing pulldowns or pullups, use a false (thumbless) grip. If you deadlift, then use a both hands overhand grip instead of a switched grip.
    Don't call me bro. I'm not your brother.
    Rack your weights. Don't be a douchebag.
    People who wear grip straps and gloves make me laugh.

Thumbs up Forearm Help

Hey Guys, wow, thanks for all the advice.
    One quick question, how do plate pinches work?
    I will update my pics with some forearm shots as they grow. Thanks again.

Brian
    Bodybuilding Doc