Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    JardmanOLB is just really nice. (+1000) JardmanOLB is just really nice. (+1000) JardmanOLB is just really nice. (+1000) JardmanOLB is just really nice. (+1000) JardmanOLB is just really nice. (+1000) JardmanOLB is just really nice. (+1000) JardmanOLB is just really nice. (+1000) JardmanOLB is just really nice. (+1000) JardmanOLB is just really nice. (+1000) JardmanOLB is just really nice. (+1000) JardmanOLB is just really nice. (+1000)
    When it's cold and miserable it's easier to get that rocky style feel to your training hahaha

JardmanOLB is just really nice. (+1000) JardmanOLB is just really nice. (+1000) JardmanOLB is just really nice. (+1000) JardmanOLB is just really nice. (+1000) JardmanOLB is just really nice. (+1000) JardmanOLB is just really nice. (+1000) JardmanOLB is just really nice. (+1000) JardmanOLB is just really nice. (+1000) JardmanOLB is just really nice. (+1000) JardmanOLB is just really nice. (+1000) JardmanOLB is just really nice. (+1000)
    21/1/13 Sunday

4x30m Hill sprints
    3x30m Downhill sprints

6xLateral speed drills with ankle resistance bands

2xAgility Ladder footwork sets

Felt quite slow doing the hill sprints, shoulder is sore so I wasn't generating enough power through my upper body (that and wearing this stupid cast)

scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz
    as long as you get the reps in and your form isn't drastically changed then its all good...

i would do the ladder work first though... almost a warm up and it helps your body learnt the patterns whilst fresh...
    Sleepy.

Yeah you're right, my mind wasn't really in it when I got to the ladders.

21/1/13 Monday

Did what I could at the gym.

30 minutes incline walking

Warmup then 3x8 Seated Rows @ 50kg each hand. (Was gripping the bar with my bottom 3 fingers due to thumb)

2x 1:30min bridges
    1x 1min bridge

4x12 Back Extensions with 10kg Medball

2xSuperset of situps and hanging leg raises

Was a decent workout for my core, tried doing machine chest and shoulder presses but was not working with the cast.

Going to do a huge run of stairs tomorrow (I think) called Jacob's Ladder, will be back with pics and maybe a video.

22/1/13 Tuesday

Went to Jacobs Ladder, a series of ~260 stairs. Went hard and fast on the long straights and walked the other parts. Legs have never felt so weak and jelly, I did it 3 times in 35C heat.

Here are some pictures of it, it has a nice view of the river and esplanade too.
    Attached Images

scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz
    reminds me of a place in Calgary - where folk run in the summer...

whats perth like to live in then??? i may be visiting this summer...
    Sleepy.

Id love to go to Calgary..but in the winter, to ski lol.

Perth is a great place to live, but not a great tourist destination, unless you like spending all your time at the beach. If you plan on coming for a week or more I would suggest checking out the south of Western Australia for the vineyards, cheese factory, chocolate factory, beaches and forest walks etc. Namely Margaret River and Yallingup.

Do you mean summer in the UK? Because it is summer here currently.

Originally Posted by JardmanOLB View Post
    Id love to go to Calgary..but in the winter, to ski lol.

Perth is a great place to live, but not a great tourist destination, unless you like spending all your time at the beach. If you plan on coming for a week or more I would suggest checking out the south of Western Australia for the vineyards, cheese factory, chocolate factory, beaches and forest walks etc. Namely Margaret River and Yallingup.

Do you mean summer in the UK? Because it is summer here currently.
    i have a few friends in perth... and adelaide..

i am thinking of coming to visit in your winter to see what the place is like... mid june to mid august...

i am thinking 4 weeks adelaide then 4 weeks perth.... with a visit to melbourne in there...

Never skied Calgary... but love it in the summer...
    Sleepy.

Hahahah your mates live in the backwater/boring cities! Melbourne is good for its bars/restaurants/nightlife. Our winters are very mild to what you would experience so I'm sure you would still have a good time here.

24/1/13 Thursday

Stretches and warmups.

All done with 20kg Vest on.

3xAgility ladder sets, done with ankle resistance bands (Hops, 3 step, 4 step, Hip twists etc)

3x10 Box Jumps

2x8 Step ups with calf raise, each leg

A good workout, wearing 20kg of deadweight tires me out fast but I feel like my feet are getting quicker and my legs are springier, doing some box jumps after I took the vest off was fun lol.

Hopefully I'm running faster when my cast comes off, will measure my 40 yards again when its off.

MassiveKent is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MassiveKent is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MassiveKent is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MassiveKent is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MassiveKent is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MassiveKent is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MassiveKent is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MassiveKent is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MassiveKent is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MassiveKent is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MassiveKent is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    keep at it. injury is part of the sport and so is practicing with it. you can and have to keep getting better.

Originally Posted by MassiveKent View Post
    keep at it. injury is part of the sport and so is practicing with it. you can and have to keep getting better.
    Thanks mate, not letting it sway me from my goals.

26/1/13 Saturday

Did an Australia day workout...not that it would count for much with how much I drank and ate.

Stretches and warmups

All performed with 20kg vest on

3xAgility ladder sets

1x8 Box Jumps
    1x6 Squat Jumps
    1x6 Lunge Jumps

2x8 Steps Ups with calf raise at the top (each leg)

Here's a short video of me going through the agility ladder twice. Need to get the arms going more and in a less superficial manner. Don't have a big grotty cast anymore, got a small little form fitting plastic one.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Last edited by scott_donald; 01-27-2013 at 10:01 AM.

looks good...

i wouldnt have done them with your vest on... so jealous of your weather...
    Sleepy.

Why not with the vest on?

You can have our weather man, I'm over this heat, pretty sure we've got a week of 35+ degrees.

TheRealNumber2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheRealNumber2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheRealNumber2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheRealNumber2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheRealNumber2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheRealNumber2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheRealNumber2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheRealNumber2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheRealNumber2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheRealNumber2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheRealNumber2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Nice footwork for bro, especially for a big man. Keep hearing news about australias crazy weather, looks like its not affecting you too much? One minute there were forest fires, next flash floods. Insane

Thanks man. I live in Perth in Western Australia, we don't seem to get any extreme weather like over in the east, Queensland has been flooded pretty badly quite frequently now and New South Wales gets some of the nastiest bush fires, the stories you hear coming out of there are chilling.

MassiveKent is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MassiveKent is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MassiveKent is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MassiveKent is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MassiveKent is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MassiveKent is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MassiveKent is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MassiveKent is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MassiveKent is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MassiveKent is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MassiveKent is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    not sure about vest. but youll be carrying more weight anyway when youre moving with pads so it might be useful I guess.

one thing for sure though is you need to get your head/eyes up.

Yeah I figure it will keep me used to having extra weight on while I'm going through the offseason but also it will encourage my muscles to work with 10-20kg of deadweight extra so when I do testing I'll hopefully be faster coz I won't be doing it with the extra weight. I'm not sure the aim of the ladder game is to have your eyes up, I can understand why you say to keep them up but the youtube videos I looked at didn't have people looking forward.

28/1/13 Monday

Legs session in the gym.

5 minutes on the bike
    Stretches

Front Squats;
    8x20kg
    8x40kg
    5x60kg
    5x80kg
    5x90kg
    3x97.5kg
    2x97.5kg

3xSuperset of quad machine raises (max weight) and hip flexor raises (75% max weight)

3xBridges or planks (1:45, 1:00, 1:00)

3x12 Back extensions with 10kg MedBall

Stretches

A decent session, am happy that I can do front squats, obviously just supporting them on my shoulders due to my thumb, not holding the power in power clean form.

Why not with the vest on?

You can have our weather man, I'm over this heat, pretty sure we've got a week of 35+ degrees.
    chatting to friend moaning how cold it is in adelaide... even their 20 would do me!!!

just as stuff like that you want o be yo... learn the patterns and how to move your body naturally... or do conditioning with the belt separate...
    Sleepy.

I'm not sure the aim of the ladder game is to have your eyes up, I can understand why you say to keep them up but the youtube videos I looked at didn't have people looking forward.
    If you want to develop footwork for the sake of developing footwork then maybe not but youre an athlete so you want to have your head up. If you kept your head down during practice strength/assistant coaches would slap you in the head.

WR's but check out their head positions. Eyes are down as little as possible

Your problem is eyes down the whole time and head down the whole time. Head should always be up and eyes should only be down when taking a mental snapshot.

Good point man, I'll definitely start working on it from when I do ladders next.

Been out for a few days coz of a fever, which I think was brought on due to a stomach bug.

3/2/13 Sunday

5 mins on the bike

Stretches - Started doing some shoulder rotation stretches, going to keep at them coz I'm sick of having injured rotators.
    Dynamic Stretches - Hi Knees, butt kicks, carioca, high kicks

3x5 Box Jumps

Front squats:
    8x20
    5x60
    5x80
    5x80
    5x80

Back Squats:
    8x20
    5x60
    5x60

(Was just trying to test my flexibility for back squats, feels pretty off.)

Stomach feels like **** so I left after doing those, I also felt weak as **** doing the FS, should be able to do 80 easy but I guess the flu and the fact I haven't been eating normally has cut into my strength for a bit, should be back to normal next week.

krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Great to see Aussie American Football players on here. I talk a lot about Rugby, but Football is my first love.

What is your club? Is it Perth Blitz by chance?

whats off with the flexibility???
    Sleepy.

Originally Posted by krakkerz View Post
    Great to see Aussie American Football players on here. I talk a lot about Rugby, but Football is my first love.

What is your club? Is it Perth Blitz by chance?
    Awesome man, do you play over east?

I play for Curtin Saints.

Scott I feel like I am not sitting back into it enough, as in my torso is too close to my knees at the bottom of the lift.

Scott I feel like I am not sitting back into it enough, as in my torso is too close to my knees at the bottom of the lift.
    how do you initiate the squat???
    Sleepy.

Originally Posted by MassiveKent View Post
    Great links man, just went through them all, going to incorporate a lot of it.

Originally Posted by scott_donald View Post
    how do you initiate the squat???
    I disconnect at the hips first, keeping lower back tight and pushing down.

Tell me what you guys think of this routine I just did up for while I have my cast on/thumb cannot be used for wrapping around a bar.

I'm going to follow Bill Starr's 5x5 progression for the Front Squats.

Do you guys reckon this is too much? Or should I be fine if I eat a fair amount?

Monday –
    5 minutes on bike
    Hip/Shoulder/General Flexibility routine
    Front Squat 5x5
    Bulgarian Split Squats 3x5
    3xPlanks
    3x12 Back extensions

Tuesday-
    5xStair sprints
    Beach sprints

Wednesday-
    5 minutes on bike