Thread: I feel pathetic

Ausstom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I feel pathetic

Basically I feel pathetic for needing to be here. All I want is to get stronger. But I'm caring too much about my body image and wanto lose weight. My stomach is protruding. Everything else is still skinny, but I cant bring myself to cut down on food if its going to stop my strength gains. What should I do..

PeteratCastle will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteratCastle will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteratCastle will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteratCastle will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteratCastle will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteratCastle will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteratCastle will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteratCastle will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteratCastle will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteratCastle will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteratCastle will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Ausstom View Post
    Basically I feel pathetic for needing to be here. All I want is to get stronger. But I'm caring too much about my body image and wanto lose weight. My stomach is protruding. Everything else is still skinny, but I cant bring myself to cut down on food if its going to stop my strength gains. What should I do..
    What are you eating? What's your workout routine like? Need some info, dude
    High quality Home Personal Training in Edinburgh, UK.

www.castlepersonaltraining.com

Look us up on ******** "Castlepersonaltraining" or just look me up "Peteratcastle"

I'm doing Jim Wendler's 5/3/1. Powerlifting routine.

I generally eat OK. but over the festive season. Ive just started eating and drinking ****. and lots of it..

PeteratCastle will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteratCastle will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteratCastle will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteratCastle will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteratCastle will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteratCastle will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteratCastle will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteratCastle will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteratCastle will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteratCastle will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteratCastle will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yeah most people did. You'll just need to tighten **** up, eat properly and keep working out. The belly protrusion might just mean you have weak core muscles (middle and out layer especially) doing plenty core work will help with that.

Doing a bit of HIIT won't go amiss if you feel you really have too much belly flab, get rid of that and feel better. Keep getting pumped, job done.
    High quality Home Personal Training in Edinburgh, UK.

www.castlepersonaltraining.com

Look us up on ******** "Castlepersonaltraining" or just look me up "Peteratcastle"

Hmm my cores pretty strong but your right. I just need to get the **** out of holiday mode and get **** together.... I really don't know why I questioned it.. I wanto be a beast, afterall.

Thanks..

oropher101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) oropher101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) oropher101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) oropher101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) oropher101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) oropher101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) oropher101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) oropher101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) oropher101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) oropher101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) oropher101 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I was in the same situation, big gut and no mass anywhere else. It's been lovingly termed "skinnyfat". Best thing I found is to do a clean bulk, gain some base mass, then cut. Do compound lifts, don't worry about iso stuff too much, u want a solid base of muscle for your cut. As Arnold said, u can't chisel a pebble. Your body will naturally recomp some of the excess stomach fat during the bulk. That would be my advice to you, I've seen great results that way.

GIGAJONES has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GIGAJONES has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GIGAJONES has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Everyone goes through ups and downs with their motivation/self-consciousness. Focus on what's important to you. You have a long life to live--buckle down for a few months and live the rest of it like a legend.

Tc-tomu is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tc-tomu is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tc-tomu is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tc-tomu is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tc-tomu is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tc-tomu is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tc-tomu is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tc-tomu is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tc-tomu is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tc-tomu is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tc-tomu is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey op, don't ever feel pathetic for needing help. In all honesty if I had never found this site/forums, I wouldn't be anywhere near where I am with fitness/nutrition today. Create goals and hit them. It's not going to happen overnight, and it's not going to be easy.
    Alpha as Phuck, nothing is going to stop me.

salmonman78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) salmonman78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) salmonman78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) salmonman78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) salmonman78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) salmonman78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) salmonman78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) salmonman78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) salmonman78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) salmonman78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) salmonman78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Tc-tomu View Post
    Hey op, don't ever feel pathetic for needing help. In all honesty if I had never found this site/forums, I wouldn't be anywhere near where I am with fitness/nutrition today. Create goals and hit them. It's not going to happen overnight, and it's not going to be easy.
    Exactly, by you coming here you are showing a commitment to working on yourself and acknowledge that. Just hang in there and the improvements will happen.
    Trying to get back to my old self PLUS improve it.

Getting back onto this train and not getting derailed again!
    1-2-2012: 290 |

ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Brah,

Let me ask you something. Do you think anyone here on this whole board woke up and was like, damn, I'm exactly how I imagined my self to be? no. They worked hard. They educated themselves and they went out and they did what needed to be done. They had a goal and they hit it, then you know what, they make another goal and go after that one.

YOU MAY FAIL your first attempt, you may fail your first 10 times finding a right routine, or the right diet, but if you try, if you believe, if you really want it as bad as you say you want it.. then do it.

First problem I see is nothing about your weight, your genetics, your food in take.. it's self pride in your self. You want to look good? you need to build confidence. You need to love yourself for who you are. Cause if you go to the gym with piss poor attitude, your going to fail. Go to the gym, go I love myself but mother ****er I'm going to get big. I'm going to get mean, I'm going to look damn good, and I'm going to look awesome!

Get Confidence. Get Educated. Get Working Hard!

Read the forums, research on google, find a trainer, and damn get some confidence in yourself.

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step". Lao-tzu, Chinese philosopher .
    USMC.
    "If there’s no enemy within, the enemy outside can do us no harm."