View Poll Results: Can men and women be just friends?

Voters
171. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

64 37.43%
  • No

94 54.97%
  • I don't have friends of any sort

13 7.60%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Registered Superhero TheJizzler's Avatar
    TheJizzler is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheJizzler is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheJizzler is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheJizzler is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheJizzler is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheJizzler is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheJizzler is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheJizzler is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheJizzler is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheJizzler is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheJizzler is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by NitrogenWidget View Post
    Most women i've dated with guy friends pretty much forget about them when I come into the picture and rarely spend time with them.
    Either way, I've always met them,

If she keeps these guys on active duty and she's taking advantage of them then she is not GF material or a good person so I wouldn't date her for long.

Also, if a woman tells me "he's just a friend" I make sure to ask if he is an "ex's" or if she's kissed / done anything sexual with them.
    If the answer is "yes" then I walk because that's a huge lie in my book.
    Unless she is really hot & I want to smash.
    But I won't get serious with her.

^ all this

Fielder is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fielder is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fielder is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fielder is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fielder is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fielder is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fielder is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fielder is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fielder is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fielder is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fielder is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    There are 3 girls in my motorbike club, All great mates. Would NEVER even think about doing things with them because i'm not attracted to them. I'm great friends with some of my friends girlfriends too.

A better question is "can a man and woman be BEST friends / friends that hang out 1 on 1"

In which case. No. In that case at least someone is getting there feelings hurt. You cant spend THAT much time together without there being some kind of sexual tension.
    [300 Spartan Crew]
    Proud member of the Δtheist Δlliance
    Resident UK Gun Owner (Yes, We DO have guns in the UK)

Wilmega has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wilmega has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wilmega has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wilmega has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wilmega has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wilmega has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wilmega has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wilmega has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wilmega has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wilmega has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wilmega has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    No - if the girl is attractive I will almost surely want to bang them. With my female friends..i talk to the attractive ones the most lol

naomi001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) naomi001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) naomi001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) naomi001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) naomi001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) naomi001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) naomi001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) naomi001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) naomi001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) naomi001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) naomi001 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Imo/experience

Ideally: Yes

Realistically: No

I had some guys, who were supposedly "friends" of mine, but later found out they sabotaged some of my relationships...
    happened more than once too (no cocky)

Hankey89 is not very helpful. (-500) Hankey89 is not very helpful. (-500) Hankey89 is not very helpful. (-500) Hankey89 is not very helpful. (-500) Hankey89 is not very helpful. (-500) Hankey89 is not very helpful. (-500) Hankey89 is not very helpful. (-500) Hankey89 is not very helpful. (-500) Hankey89 is not very helpful. (-500) Hankey89 is not very helpful. (-500) Hankey89 is not very helpful. (-500)
    I would have to say no... Girls or guys might say, but I have friends from opposite sex etc etc but I always feel like one of the parties is attracted to the other, broke up with my ex because she had to many guy "mates"

DarkOmen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarkOmen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarkOmen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarkOmen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarkOmen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarkOmen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarkOmen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarkOmen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarkOmen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarkOmen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarkOmen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by naomi001 View Post
    Imo/experience

Ideally: Yes

Realistically: No

I had some guys, who were supposedly "friends" of mine, but later found out they sabotaged some of my relationships...
    happened more than once too (no cocky)
    Inb4 sabotage = you having sex with them.

Yeah they really sabotaged your relationships lol

HeliBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeliBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeliBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeliBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeliBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeliBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeliBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeliBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeliBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeliBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeliBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Fielder View Post
    There are 3 girls in my motorbike club, All great mates. Would NEVER even think about doing things with them because i'm not attracted to them. I'm great friends with some of my friends girlfriends too.

A better question is "can a man and woman be BEST friends / friends that hang out 1 on 1"

In which case. No.
    In that case at least someone is getting there feelings hurt. You cant spend THAT much time together without there being some kind of sexual tension.
    I think that should be the definition for this thread, because too many people say "yea, we're friends", but never meet 1 on 1.

I have guy friends who are not my BEST friends, but I can do things with them 1 on 1. If you can't do that with a woman, then its not really about the distinction between friends and best friends, its a distinction between friends and acquaintance.

naomi001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) naomi001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) naomi001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) naomi001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) naomi001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) naomi001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) naomi001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) naomi001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) naomi001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) naomi001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) naomi001 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by DarkOmen View Post
    Inb4 sabotage = you having sex with them.

Yeah they really sabotaged your relationships lol
    lol

I never had sex with them!

Guy friends, were always just that, friends! srs

One particular "friend", called a guy I was dating (who I was hoping to turn into bf lol), and told him lies and chit, long story short, chit went downhill from there.

He's done something similar, to another guy I was getting to know and also tried to break me up with one of my bf-but coudn't -srs

we had mutual friends and so they called him out on it, as it became obvi to them. so I'm not crazy!

Any other girls have a similar exp??

Arathor is a complete loser! (-2000) Arathor is a complete loser! (-2000) Arathor is a complete loser! (-2000) Arathor is a complete loser! (-2000) Arathor is a complete loser! (-2000) Arathor is a complete loser! (-2000) Arathor is a complete loser! (-2000) Arathor is a complete loser! (-2000) Arathor is a complete loser! (-2000) Arathor is a complete loser! (-2000) Arathor is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Originally Posted by DarkOmen View Post
    So since many people think that men and women can't be friends, how do you guys deal with your gf having a few guy friends??
    I would want to meet them before I make any decisions, if they are either gay or obvious betas I wouldn't care, but if they are attractive or confident/funny then I would give her an ultimatum.

Some call it insecurity, I call it cutting my losses. Nothing good will ever come of being in a relationship with a girl who has other options that she regularly spends time with.

Originally Posted by ForeverAlpha View Post
    lmao

Isabeli is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Isabeli is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Isabeli is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Isabeli is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Isabeli is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Isabeli is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Isabeli is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Isabeli is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Isabeli is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Isabeli is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Isabeli is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Fielder View Post

In which case. No. In that case at least someone is getting there feelings hurt. You cant spend THAT much time together without there being some kind of sexual tension.
    Even if a man and a woman who are best friends have sex....they're still friends.
    What else would they be?...sex does not mean people are together or are even dating...aside from lust...there isn't much else involved in many cases.

HeliBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeliBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeliBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeliBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeliBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeliBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeliBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeliBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeliBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeliBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeliBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    lol

I never had sex with them!

Guy friends, were always just that, friends! srs

One particular "friend", called a guy I was dating (who I was hoping to turn into bf lol), and told him lies and chit, long story short, chit went downhill from there.

He's done something similar, to another guy I was getting to know and also tried to break me up with one of my bf-but coudn't -srs

we had mutual friends and so they called him out on it, as it became obvi to them. so I'm not crazy!

Any other girls have a similar exp??
    You are dumb as fuk. You were never friends, you friendzoned him. He tried to crawl out of it. He failed. Thats what really happened.

And the saddest part is, consciously or subconsciously you were aware of all of this and enjoyed the drama, because women think its the spice of life and would love their lives to be just a tiny tiny bit like a retarded soap opera.

Originally Posted by HeliBrah View Post
    You are dumb as fuk. You were never friends, you friendzoned him. He tried to crawl out of it. He failed. Thats what really happened.

And the saddest part is, consciously or subconsciously you were aware of all of this and enjoyed the drama, because women think its the spice of life and would love their lives to be just a tiny tiny bit like a retarded soap opera.

lol...why am i dumb as fuk!

I disagree with you, because I made myself clear to him from the beginning, that a guy friend will always be a guy friend, so he knew that.(no cocky) because I respect friendships.

I never flirted with him, or was flashy in front of him in any way srs.

I respected him, like a brother.. and he knew that, that's what made it phucked up

Edit: plus I always brought my bf with me, when this so called friend was around
    Last edited by naomi001; 01-04-2013 at 12:45 PM.

Hankey89 is not very helpful. (-500) Hankey89 is not very helpful. (-500) Hankey89 is not very helpful. (-500) Hankey89 is not very helpful. (-500) Hankey89 is not very helpful. (-500) Hankey89 is not very helpful. (-500) Hankey89 is not very helpful. (-500) Hankey89 is not very helpful. (-500) Hankey89 is not very helpful. (-500) Hankey89 is not very helpful. (-500) Hankey89 is not very helpful. (-500)

This is so ****ing true, this is why you see so many women in relationships have male friends, but rarely guys in relationships have female friends... because sloots need male attention, need feel wanted, whores.

Arathor is a complete loser! (-2000) Arathor is a complete loser! (-2000) Arathor is a complete loser! (-2000) Arathor is a complete loser! (-2000) Arathor is a complete loser! (-2000) Arathor is a complete loser! (-2000) Arathor is a complete loser! (-2000) Arathor is a complete loser! (-2000) Arathor is a complete loser! (-2000) Arathor is a complete loser! (-2000) Arathor is a complete loser! (-2000)
    lol...why am i dumb as fuk!

I disagree with you, because I made myself clear to him from the beginning, that a guy friend will always be a guy friend, so he knew that.(no cocky) because I respect friendships.

I never flirted with him, or was flashy in front of him in any way srs.

I respected him, like a brother.. and he knew that, that's what made it phucked up
    You just admitted you friendzoned him...

Originally Posted by Arathor View Post
    You just admitted you friendzoned him...
    I don't get it...Well, I genuinely considered him my friend. Plus, he never told me anything otherwise....

maybe I missed your point, can you specify what you mean?

Registered Superhero TheJizzler's Avatar
    TheJizzler is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheJizzler is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheJizzler is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheJizzler is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheJizzler is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheJizzler is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheJizzler is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheJizzler is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheJizzler is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheJizzler is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheJizzler is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Isabeli View Post
    Even if a man and a woman who are best friends have sex....they're still friends.
    What else would they be?...sex does not mean people are together or are even dating...aside from lust...there isn't much else involved.

GTFO of this thread with your inferior logic (srs)

InfinityThor is a name known to all. (+5000) InfinityThor is a name known to all. (+5000) InfinityThor is a name known to all. (+5000) InfinityThor is a name known to all. (+5000) InfinityThor is a name known to all. (+5000) InfinityThor is a name known to all. (+5000) InfinityThor is a name known to all. (+5000) InfinityThor is a name known to all. (+5000) InfinityThor is a name known to all. (+5000) InfinityThor is a name known to all. (+5000) InfinityThor is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by strider1 View Post
    Neither, you are lying if you tell me that the FIRST thing that gets you interested in even interacting with a girl isnt the motive to **** her. Im not saying sex is the only thing they offer, im saying that if you spend time with a girl you EITHER want to just **** her och actually like her for real and want to have a relationship with her in which case you will also **** her, so conclusion is that a guy is only "friends" with a girl cause of sexual motive.
    We're going to need to simply disagree here.

I initiate interaction with girls on a daily basis that I have absolutely ZERO intention of sleeping with. You need to open yourself up to all experiences because you never know what will come of it.

2-3 years ago though I would have agreed with you and I do believe that's how it goes for the [very] large majority.

LikeAMachine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LikeAMachine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LikeAMachine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LikeAMachine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LikeAMachine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LikeAMachine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LikeAMachine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LikeAMachine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LikeAMachine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LikeAMachine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LikeAMachine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If there is any attraction from the male.

It’s not possible.

Most of my best friends are females. If I were attracted to them, at all it would probably be a different story.
    (っ◕‿◕)っ

UgotItbad is a name known to all. (+5000) UgotItbad is a name known to all. (+5000) UgotItbad is a name known to all. (+5000) UgotItbad is a name known to all. (+5000) UgotItbad is a name known to all. (+5000) UgotItbad is a name known to all. (+5000) UgotItbad is a name known to all. (+5000) UgotItbad is a name known to all. (+5000) UgotItbad is a name known to all. (+5000) UgotItbad is a name known to all. (+5000) UgotItbad is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I think that as you get older and mature, the definition of "friends" change a bit. Sure when you're younger you're friends with all sorts of people, but you're also constantly meeting new people and never give much thought to it. When you get older, you have your friends that you've known for a long time and your close with, kicking it with mainly those people... those are your friends.

Sure, male and females can be acquaintances, however I don't think that they can be friends in the sense of one on one hanging out and txting/talking all the time without attraction on one or both sides.

There is a BIG difference between being an acquaintance and being a friend. If you don't know this, you've still got a lot of growing to do.
    Every time you tell me how you should've, could've or would've it reminds me how I do, did and will. Your defeatist attitude and lack of willpower pushes me harder to not be like you.
    You can call me callous, egotistical, delusional or vain. I am fully aware that I am nowhere near perfect. But despite your detraction's and insults, the fact of the matter is that Im doing what you wish you were, to one day become your complete antithesis.

Originally Posted by LikeAMachine View Post
    If there is any attraction from the male.

It’s not possible.

Most of my best friends are females. If I were attracted to them, at all it would probably be a different story.
    You hang out with them 1-on-1 regularly? And none of them wants you?

Originally Posted by UgotItbad View Post
    I think that as you get older and mature, the definition of "friends" change a bit. Sure when you're younger you're friends with all sorts of people, but you're also constantly meeting new people and never give much thought to it. When you get older, you have your friends that you've known for a long time and your close with, kicking it with mainly those people... those are your friends.

Sure, male and females can be acquaintances, however I don't think that they can be friends in the sense of one on one hanging out and txting/talking all the time without attraction on one or both sides.

There is a BIG difference between being an acquaintance and being a friend. If you don't know this, you've still got a lot of growing to do.

I agree, and I like how you put that.

I tried to prove to myself otherwise, but the bottom line is that ..men and women can't be friends, but can be acquaintances.

This is why they can't be friends.

imo, most girls don't wonder this, about a friendship

not blaming men here, but some men thinking this way, is why i feel it's not possible.

This is why they can't be friends.

imo, most girls don't wonder this, about a friendship

not blaming men here, but some men thinking this way, is why i feel it's not possible.
    No! If he replies that he meets up with some of them 1-on-1 on the regular and he sees no indicators of the girls he is friends with being interested in him beyond platonic friendship, then I will accept his view.

But I doubt thats the case.

In the meantime, I ring up my buddies (not even best friends, just buddies) and meet 1-on-1 to grab a bite, go to a bar after work or go see a game.

ComputerHabit is on a distinguished road. (+10) ComputerHabit is on a distinguished road. (+10) ComputerHabit is on a distinguished road. (+10) ComputerHabit is on a distinguished road. (+10) ComputerHabit is on a distinguished road. (+10) ComputerHabit is on a distinguished road. (+10) ComputerHabit is on a distinguished road. (+10) ComputerHabit is on a distinguished road. (+10) ComputerHabit is on a distinguished road. (+10) ComputerHabit is on a distinguished road. (+10) ComputerHabit is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    The first thing a guy does when even looking at a female is to determine if they are HOT and if they might be able to score. We can't help that. It's built-in to our genetic code.

lightlyfried will become famous soon enough. (+50) lightlyfried will become famous soon enough. (+50) lightlyfried will become famous soon enough. (+50) lightlyfried will become famous soon enough. (+50) lightlyfried will become famous soon enough. (+50) lightlyfried will become famous soon enough. (+50) lightlyfried will become famous soon enough. (+50) lightlyfried will become famous soon enough. (+50) lightlyfried will become famous soon enough. (+50) lightlyfried will become famous soon enough. (+50) lightlyfried will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Its not possible if shes hot, i have girls friends but i wouldn't bone them friends or not
    ‘'The best way to predict the future is to create it.’’

MY PROTEIN DISCOUNT CODE: MP762081

Registered User airmansprincess's Avatar
    airmansprincess has a spectacular aura about. (+250) airmansprincess has a spectacular aura about. (+250) airmansprincess has a spectacular aura about. (+250) airmansprincess has a spectacular aura about. (+250) airmansprincess has a spectacular aura about. (+250) airmansprincess has a spectacular aura about. (+250) airmansprincess has a spectacular aura about. (+250) airmansprincess has a spectacular aura about. (+250) airmansprincess has a spectacular aura about. (+250) airmansprincess has a spectacular aura about. (+250) airmansprincess has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    and all this 'logic' is exactly why you ALL have maturing to do. My best friend met me and my husband after we were married, never ever has there been any chance of anything more then friendship, and we are really good friends. As well as I have a handfu of other guy friends, all also married and I know and am friends ith their wives as well, but hang out with the guys more, because frankly I'd rather play dungeons and dragons, video games, go to the gym, go shooting and talk music then bake cookies, do crafts and gossip. LOL! So yea, I get along much better with the guys in our group of friends then the girls.

Originally Posted by airmansprincess View Post
    and all this 'logic' is exactly why you ALL have maturing to do. My best friend met me and my husband after we were married, never ever has there been any chance of anything more then friendship, and we are really good friends. As well as I have a handfu of other guy friends, all also married and I know and am friends ith their wives as well, but hang out with the guys more, because frankly I'd rather play dungeons and dragons, video games, go to the gym, go shooting and talk music then bake cookies, do crafts and gossip. LOL! So yea, I get along much better with the guys in our group of friends then the girls.
    With how many of them do you meet up 1-on-1 more than 3-4 times per month?

LikeAMachine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LikeAMachine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LikeAMachine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LikeAMachine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LikeAMachine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LikeAMachine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LikeAMachine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LikeAMachine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LikeAMachine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LikeAMachine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LikeAMachine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Yeah, one of them gave me a beej when I got drunk once.

Other than that I’m not aware that any of them want me, or at least they don’t show it.
    (っ◕‿◕)っ

Originally Posted by LikeAMachine View Post
    Yeah, one of them gave me a beej when I got drunk once.
    lulz - I got acquaintances that say they are friends with me, but really just don't know how to get out of the friendzone. And they are the type who give you BJ's when you are drunk. They are also the ones who go "OH NOOOO" when I say on nights out in group settings, that I don't drink that night. Co-incidence? I think not.