Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

    The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

Reply
Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1
    Registered User thatguy954's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2013
    Stats: 5'9", 149 lbs
    Posts: 153
    Rep Power: 14
    thatguy954 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thatguy954 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thatguy954 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thatguy954 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thatguy954 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thatguy954 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thatguy954 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thatguy954 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thatguy954 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thatguy954 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thatguy954 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Visit thatguy954's BodySpace
    thatguy954 is offline

    DIVISION 1 football

    I want to play D1(who doesn't) but I wasted my high school years and never joined JV ball. I'm a senior in high school now but i do have some ability and have played before(never at CB). I still have some of the speed because I played little league baseball and football freshman year. I want a work out that's going to help out an aspiring CB. I know that there are going to be guys who have the advantage of playing through high school but I have 2 years before I apply to college. (I'm taking a year off. Even if it takes playing D3 ball and working up to the U or where ever. Any help and tips are appreciated.
    Reply With Quote

  2. #2
    Registered User SDOptimist's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2007
    Location: United States
    Posts: 5,210
    BodyPoints: 9905
    Rep Power: 3204
    SDOptimist has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SDOptimist has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SDOptimist has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SDOptimist has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SDOptimist has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SDOptimist has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SDOptimist has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SDOptimist has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SDOptimist has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SDOptimist has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SDOptimist has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit SDOptimist's BodySpace
    SDOptimist is offline
    Originally Posted by thatguy954 View Post
    I want to play D1(who doesn't) but I wasted my high school years and never joined JV ball. I'm a senior in high school now but i do have some ability and have played before(never at CB). I still have some of the speed because I played little league baseball and football freshman year. I want a work out that's going to help out an aspiring CB. I know that there are going to be guys who have the advantage of playing through high school but I have 2 years before I apply to college. (I'm taking a year off. Even if it takes playing D3 ball and working up to the U or where ever. Any help and tips are appreciated.
    People don't go to small divisions and work their way up. That's not how it works. You will lose your eligibility like that.

    When you say that you are going to take a year off after high school, does that mean a year off from college or just a year off from sports? what schools are you going to apply to?

    You basically have two options. Enroll at a university after high school and try to walkon to the program, or go to a CC and play football.

    also, you need to get a bit bigger to even play cc or d3. Your height is just fine, but you need to be up to around 165-170.
    Reply With Quote

  3. #3
    Registered User thatguy954's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2013
    Stats: 5'9", 149 lbs
    Posts: 153
    Rep Power: 14
    thatguy954 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thatguy954 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thatguy954 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thatguy954 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thatguy954 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thatguy954 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thatguy954 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thatguy954 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thatguy954 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thatguy954 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thatguy954 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Visit thatguy954's BodySpace
    thatguy954 is offline
    Originally Posted by SDOptimist View Post
    People don't go to small divisions and work their way up. That's not how it works. You will lose your eligibility like that.

    When you say that you are going to take a year off after high school, does that mean a year off from college or just a year off from sports?

    You basically have two options. Enroll at a university after high school and try to walkon to the program, or go to a CC and play football.
    I'm going to take a year off from college.
    Reply With Quote

  4. #4
    Registered User SDOptimist's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2007
    Location: United States
    Posts: 5,210
    BodyPoints: 9905
    Rep Power: 3204
    SDOptimist has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SDOptimist has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SDOptimist has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SDOptimist has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SDOptimist has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SDOptimist has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SDOptimist has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SDOptimist has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SDOptimist has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SDOptimist has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SDOptimist has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit SDOptimist's BodySpace
    SDOptimist is offline
    Originally Posted by thatguy954 View Post
    I'm going to take a year off from college.
    ok. well your only close to realistic shot would be to play at a cc/jc. Prove yourself there, and then walkon at a d2/d3/naia school after your fulfill your transfer requirements. What state are you in?
    Reply With Quote

  5. #5
    Registered User thatguy954's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2013
    Stats: 5'9", 149 lbs
    Posts: 153
    Rep Power: 14
    thatguy954 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thatguy954 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thatguy954 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thatguy954 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thatguy954 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thatguy954 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thatguy954 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thatguy954 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thatguy954 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thatguy954 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thatguy954 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Visit thatguy954's BodySpace
    thatguy954 is offline
    Originally Posted by SDOptimist View Post
    ok. well your only close to realistic shot would be to play at a cc/jc. Prove yourself there, and then walkon at a d2/d3/naia school after your fulfill your transfer requirements. What state are you in?
    FLA. well, so much for the U. do you think 2 years will be enough time to get me ready?( i doubt it but might as well ask)
    Reply With Quote

  6. #6
    Registered User SDOptimist's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2007
    Location: United States
    Posts: 5,210
    BodyPoints: 9905
    Rep Power: 3204
    SDOptimist has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SDOptimist has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SDOptimist has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SDOptimist has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SDOptimist has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SDOptimist has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SDOptimist has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SDOptimist has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SDOptimist has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SDOptimist has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SDOptimist has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit SDOptimist's BodySpace
    SDOptimist is offline
    Originally Posted by thatguy954 View Post
    FLA. well, so much for the U. do you think 2 years will be enough time to get me ready?( i doubt it but might as well ask)
    Don't mean to burst your bubble. Anything is possible, but do you really think playing for miami is a good possibility of happening? In your eyes, how would you have gotten their? It's too late for you to get noticed by them in high school. The recruiting process is more complex than you think. And since your first year is going to be your senior year, you really have no shot at getting recruited.

    If for some very rare reason, you absolutely dominate this upcoming season, you may get a shot at a walkon. But, you said you are going to take a year off, so that is out the door.

    There are plenty of very good players in d-1 college and even in the nfl who have taken many different paths. Like, only playing one year of high school, not playing high school at all, not playing college at all, etc. But that is because they possess a very unique and rare trait that nfl teams are looking for.

    Are you thinking about applying to the university of miami as a student? what is your gpa? If you really want to try to play at miami, your only shot is to walkon at the program. But, you are about 30-40 lbs of muscle away from even getting a shot at trying out. And that is just under the assumption you get accepted into the school and enroll as a full time student.

    so, what are you goals? why do you want to play college ball? if it is a passion of yours and you just love playing, then go to a community college and play football there. That will be your best bet at even getting a shot at stepping onto a field. Now, if you want to play at miami or nowhere else, then well apply to the school, enroll and get in contact with the coaches and see how they handle walkon trouts. You could also tryout for the team after player a couple years at a cc. But again, you would have to get accepted into the school and enroll full time as a student.

    But regardless of all of that and whichever route you take, you need to get some muscle onto that frame. You don't need to be jacked for anything but you still need to be up to around 160-170.
    Reply With Quote

  7. #7
    Registered User thatguy954's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2013
    Stats: 5'9", 149 lbs
    Posts: 153
    Rep Power: 14
    thatguy954 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thatguy954 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thatguy954 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thatguy954 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thatguy954 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thatguy954 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thatguy954 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thatguy954 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thatguy954 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thatguy954 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thatguy954 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Visit thatguy954's BodySpace
    thatguy954 is offline
    Originally Posted by SDOptimist View Post
    Don't mean to burst your bubble. Anything is possible, but do you really think playing for miami is a good possibility of happening? In your eyes, how would you have gotten their? It's too late for you to get noticed by them in high school. The recruiting process is more complex than you think. And since your first year is going to be your senior year, you really have no shot at getting recruited.

    If for some very rare reason, you absolutely dominate this upcoming season, you may get a shot at a walkon. But, you said you are going to take a year off, so that is out the door.

    There are plenty of very good players in d-1 college and even in the nfl who have taken many different paths. Like, only playing one year of high school, not playing high school at all, not playing college at all, etc. But that is because they possess a very unique and rare trait that nfl teams are looking for.

    Are you thinking about applying to the university of miami as a student? what is your gpa? If you really want to try to play at miami, your only shot is to walkon at the program. But, you are about 30-40 lbs of muscle away from even getting a shot at trying out. And that is just under the assumption you get accepted into the school and enroll as a full time student.

    so, what are you goals? why do you want to play college ball? if it is a passion of yours and you just love playing, then go to a community college and play football there. That will be your best bet at even getting a shot at stepping onto a field. Now, if you want to play at miami or nowhere else, then well apply to the school, enroll and get in contact with the coaches and see how they handle walkon trouts. You could also tryout for the team after player a couple years at a cc. But again, you would have to get accepted into the school and enroll full time as a student.

    But regardless of all of that and whichever route you take, you need to get some muscle onto that frame. You don't need to be jacked for anything but you still need to be up to around 160-170.
    Miami was just a goal, an unrealistic one but i might as well aim high. I want to know about the different opportunities there are but all i've been hearing is play D3 and hope.

    I blew high school I get that but If i play for a junior college or w/e will that take away my eligibility to play at a big school?
    Do i have to be enrolled at a school to try out or can I try out at several schools and then choose to enroll to my best option?
    Reply With Quote

  8. #8
    Registered User Loolen121's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2008
    Location: United States
    Age: 25
    Stats: 6'3", 239 lbs
    Posts: 197
    Rep Power: 171
    Loolen121 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Loolen121 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Loolen121 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Loolen121 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Loolen121 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Loolen121 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Loolen121 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Loolen121 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Loolen121 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Loolen121 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Loolen121 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit Loolen121's BodySpace
    Loolen121 is offline
    Your only realistic path to a D1A is to go to a Junior College / Community College, like already stated. The general plan for a JC athlete is play 2 years, get an AA degree to clear the NCAA clearinghouse(If you werent already NCAA clearing house eligible). This will allow you to play 2 in 3 years(leaving you a redshirt year). If you have any questions about JC football, send me a message.
    ★ cVc ★ 11B ★ OEF ★

    Climb to Glory
    Reply With Quote

  9. #9
    Registered User SDOptimist's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2007
    Location: United States
    Posts: 5,210
    BodyPoints: 9905
    Rep Power: 3204
    SDOptimist has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SDOptimist has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SDOptimist has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SDOptimist has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SDOptimist has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SDOptimist has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SDOptimist has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SDOptimist has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SDOptimist has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SDOptimist has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SDOptimist has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit SDOptimist's BodySpace
    SDOptimist is offline
    Originally Posted by thatguy954 View Post
    Miami was just a goal, an unrealistic one but i might as well aim high. I want to know about the different opportunities there are but all i've been hearing is play D3 and hope.

    I blew high school I get that but If i play for a junior college or w/e will that take away my eligibility to play at a big school?
    Do i have to be enrolled at a school to try out or can I try out at several schools and then choose to enroll to my best option?
    Nothing wrong at aiming high. But you should also know all the facts, and not waste your time something nearly impossible, while ignoring other great opportunities.

    Yes, if you play jc ball, you will lose eligibility. What a lot of people don't know is that your eligibility clock starts ticking the second you enroll as a full time college student (12+ units) regardless if you play a sport or not. You have 5 years to play 4. One year of redshirt and 4 years of being active to play. But that starts diminishing the second you enroll as a full time college student regardless if you play a sport or not. Do you understand what a junior college/community college is? why are you taking a year off? A lot of current d-1/d-2/d-3 student athletes take their jc route first.

    Play d3 and hope for what?

    And no, you can't go around to different colleges and tryout and then pick the one you made it at. You have to be an enrolled student to try out. That's why you need to do your research on where you want to go and which school is the best fit for you. Not just for sports, but most importantly education.
    Reply With Quote

  10. #10
    Registered User Loolen121's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2008
    Location: United States
    Age: 25
    Stats: 6'3", 239 lbs
    Posts: 197
    Rep Power: 171
    Loolen121 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Loolen121 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Loolen121 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Loolen121 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Loolen121 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Loolen121 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Loolen121 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Loolen121 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Loolen121 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Loolen121 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Loolen121 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit Loolen121's BodySpace
    Loolen121 is offline
    Originally Posted by SDOptimist View Post
    Nothing wrong at aiming high. But you should also know all the facts, and not waste your time something nearly impossible, while ignoring other great opportunities.

    Yes, if you play jc ball, you will lose eligibility. What a lot of people don't know is that your eligibility clock starts ticking the second you enroll as a full time college student (12+ units) regardless if you play a sport or not. You have 5 years to play 4. One year of redshirt and 4 years of being active to play. But that starts diminishing the second you enroll as a full time college student regardless if you play a sport or not. Do you understand what a junior college/community college is? why are you taking a year off? A lot of current d-1/d-2/d-3 student athletes take their jc route first.

    Play d3 and hope for what?

    And no, you can't go around to different colleges and tryout and then pick the one you made it at. You have to be an enrolled student to try out. That's why you need to do your research on where you want to go and which school is the best fit for you. Not just for sports, but most importantly education.
    Very good post, all of the information is spot on.

    JC is a very good route; let's you develop your game, grow into your body and make a name for yourself. There are TONS of talent in JC's, be it guys who never got attention in high school or bounce backs from D1 schools. Let alone the guys who go to D2/D3/NAIA.
    ★ cVc ★ 11B ★ OEF ★

    Climb to Glory
    Reply With Quote

  11. #11
    Registered User thatguy954's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2013
    Stats: 5'9", 149 lbs
    Posts: 153
    Rep Power: 14
    thatguy954 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thatguy954 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thatguy954 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thatguy954 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thatguy954 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thatguy954 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thatguy954 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thatguy954 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thatguy954 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thatguy954 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thatguy954 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Visit thatguy954's BodySpace
    thatguy954 is offline
    Originally Posted by SDOptimist View Post
    Nothing wrong at aiming high. But you should also know all the facts, and not waste your time something nearly impossible, while ignoring other great opportunities.

    Yes, if you play jc ball, you will lose eligibility. What a lot of people don't know is that your eligibility clock starts ticking the second you enroll as a full time college student (12+ units) regardless if you play a sport or not. You have 5 years to play 4. One year of redshirt and 4 years of being active to play. But that starts diminishing the second you enroll as a full time college student regardless if you play a sport or not. Do you understand what a junior college/community college is? why are you taking a year off? A lot of current d-1/d-2/d-3 student athletes take their jc route first.

    Play d3 and hope for what?

    And no, you can't go around to different colleges and tryout and then pick the one you made it at. You have to be an enrolled student to try out. That's why you need to do your research on where you want to go and which school is the best fit for you. Not just for sports, but most importantly education.
    No one really sat me done and gave me the whole college talk about options and the different paths that i can take, its you need to go to college. NFL is my dream but I have other options beside that. I really want to play football( I know what that sounds like)
    I graduate highscool at 17 and I graduate trade school this summer. I don't really want to start college at 17.
    "A lot of current d-1/d-2/d-3 student athletes take their jc route first." Wouldn't this make me eligible?
    Play D3 and hope to play D1
    Reply With Quote

  12. #12
    Registered User SDOptimist's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2007
    Location: United States
    Posts: 5,210
    BodyPoints: 9905
    Rep Power: 3204
    SDOptimist has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SDOptimist has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SDOptimist has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SDOptimist has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SDOptimist has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SDOptimist has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SDOptimist has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SDOptimist has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SDOptimist has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SDOptimist has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SDOptimist has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit SDOptimist's BodySpace
    SDOptimist is offline
    Originally Posted by thatguy954 View Post
    No one really sat me done and gave me the whole college talk about options and the different paths that i can take, its you need to go to college. NFL is my dream but I have other options beside that. I really want to play football( I know what that sounds like)
    I graduate highscool at 17 and I graduate trade school this summer. I don't really want to start college at 17.
    "A lot of current d-1/d-2/d-3 student athletes take their jc route first." Wouldn't this make me eligible?
    Play D3 and hope to play D1
    what do you mean? Yes, a lot of people who didn't get noticed in hs, or didn't qualify for college due to grades went and played football at the jc level for 2 years, and then either got a scholarship to play at the d1/d2/d3 level or transferred to a university of their choice and then walked-on to that school. But because they were already at a jc for 2 years, when they transferred to that university, they only had 2-3 years of eligibility left (depending if they redshirted or not at the jc..or even if they greyshirted)

    If you want to play d1, play jc ball first, not d3. People don't play d3 to eventually get to d1. You will lose eligibility doing that. When you transfer from a University to another university, you have to sit out a year, and you don't get that year back. Just so you don't get confused, you don't have to sit out when you transfer from a jc/cc to a 4 year.

    oh and trust me, you want to enroll in college at 17. There is no point in taking the year off just because you are a year younger than most people. You will regret that decision.
    Reply With Quote

  13. #13
    Registered User thatguy954's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2013
    Stats: 5'9", 149 lbs
    Posts: 153
    Rep Power: 14
    thatguy954 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thatguy954 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thatguy954 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thatguy954 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thatguy954 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thatguy954 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thatguy954 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thatguy954 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thatguy954 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thatguy954 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thatguy954 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Visit thatguy954's BodySpace
    thatguy954 is offline
    Originally Posted by SDOptimist View Post
    what do you mean? Yes, a lot of people who didn't get noticed in hs, or didn't qualify for college due to grades went and played football at the jc level for 2 years, and then either got a scholarship to play at the d1/d2/d3 level or transferred to a university of their choice and then walked-on to that school. But because they were already at a jc for 2 years, when they transferred to that university, they only had 2-3 years of eligibility left (depending if they redshirted or not at the jc..or even if they greyshirted)

    If you want to play d1, play jc ball first, not d3. People don't play d3 to eventually get to d1. You will lose eligibility doing that. When you transfer from a University to another university, you have to sit out a year, and you don't get that year back. Just so you don't get confused, you don't have to sit out when you transfer from a jc/cc to a 4 year.

    oh and trust me, you want to enroll in college at 17. There is no point in taking the year off just because you are a year younger than most people. You will regret that decision.
    thanks for the info man, your clearing up alot of things for me. any other things i should know, please share. open to all advice
    Reply With Quote

  14. #14
    Registered User GIGAJONES's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2012
    Age: 24
    Posts: 50
    Rep Power: 3
    GIGAJONES will become famous soon enough. (+50) GIGAJONES will become famous soon enough. (+50) GIGAJONES will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    GIGAJONES is offline
    The offseason is your chance to catch up. That's when the current players slack off at least some. The best tip I can give is prepare for the mental battle of always feeling like you're playing catch up, cause it's going to discourage you. if you can get over that you'll make it--guaranteed.
    Reply With Quote

  15. #15
    Registered User DCSpartan's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2010
    Age: 43
    Posts: 4,780
    Rep Power: 2261
    DCSpartan has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) DCSpartan has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) DCSpartan has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) DCSpartan has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) DCSpartan has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) DCSpartan has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) DCSpartan has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) DCSpartan has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) DCSpartan has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) DCSpartan has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) DCSpartan has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    DCSpartan is offline
    Reality check. Two years of hanging out in your parents basement isnt going to make you Division I material. You're practically an adult by now, so here is a hard truth: sometimes to get what you want in life, you have to bust your ass for years and when you get that ONE chance, you have to make it. You dont get to walk on to Alabama, or Wall Street, or Google without work and effort. You blew it with football - but maybe there is something out there is meant for you, if you are willing to work and take it.
    Reply With Quote

  16. #16
    Registered User OneLastChance's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2012
    Age: 21
    Stats: 6'1", 180 lbs
    Posts: 190
    Rep Power: 16
    OneLastChance is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OneLastChance is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OneLastChance is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OneLastChance is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OneLastChance is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OneLastChance is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OneLastChance is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OneLastChance is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OneLastChance is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OneLastChance is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OneLastChance is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Visit OneLastChance's BodySpace
    OneLastChance is offline
    Originally Posted by DCSpartan View Post
    Reality check. Two years of hanging out in your parents basement isnt going to make you Division I material. You're practically an adult by now, so here is a hard truth: sometimes to get what you want in life, you have to bust your ass for years and when you get that ONE chance, you have to make it. You dont get to walk on to Alabama, or Wall Street, or Google without work and effort. You blew it with football - but maybe there is something out there is meant for you, if you are willing to work and take it.
    This x 10. It's not the end of the world if you can't play football. And setting your dreams high, isn't an excuse for being misinformed. SDO gave you very good information. However, you do need to realize the chance of you making it to the U or much less the NFL are pretty much 1/1,000,000. And I'm not saying that to be a negative ned. It's just how it is. There is an optimal window to do these sort of things. And when they close they CLOSE.
    People say all of this crap about genetics this, genetics that. I will never let genetics tell me what I can and cannot do..
    Reply With Quote

  17. #17
    Registered User TIUjoe's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2009
    Location: Lake Zurich, Illinois, United States
    Age: 25
    Stats: 5'9", 181 lbs
    Posts: 120
    Rep Power: 24
    TIUjoe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TIUjoe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TIUjoe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TIUjoe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TIUjoe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TIUjoe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TIUjoe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TIUjoe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TIUjoe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TIUjoe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TIUjoe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Visit TIUjoe's BodySpace
    TIUjoe is offline
    Hey man,

    If that is your goal then you need to take a realistic look at where your speed, strength, and skill level is at and what needs to improve. In my opinion, everything always needs improvement but if you are trying out for CB really work on speed and foot-work. Unfortunately you haven't been in pads and knocking people around for a while. I only played football through my sophomore year in high school and decided my freshmen year in college I wanted to play ball again. I busted my butt just to go play at an NAIA school. I was outside everyday, rain, snow, whatever doing foot-work and speed drills and strength training 5/7 days of the week and making proper nutrition decisions. It is going to take HARD WORK man. No one can motivate you more than yourself and there shouldn't be anything anyone says that will de-motivate you if you want it bad enough.

    I do have a question though...why the U? There are plenty of GREAT DII, DIII, and NAIA schools where you will be able to enjoy the game, enjoy being part of a team, and enjoy PLAYING. Sure, you may not be aired on ESPN or have 40,000 people in your stadium but if you love football, it shouldn't matter so much where you play as long as you are playing. Analyze your skills and set up an honest, realistic plan of where you want to go and how you will get there. Good luck man, best wishes.
    Absolutely anything is possible through Jesus Christ

    theoffseasontraining.com

    http://www.youtube.com/user/TheOffseasonLLC?feature=watch

    log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150750843&p=1002317793
    Reply With Quote

  18. #18
    Registered User SDOptimist's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2007
    Location: United States
    Posts: 5,210
    BodyPoints: 9905
    Rep Power: 3204
    SDOptimist has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SDOptimist has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SDOptimist has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SDOptimist has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SDOptimist has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SDOptimist has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SDOptimist has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SDOptimist has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SDOptimist has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SDOptimist has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SDOptimist has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit SDOptimist's BodySpace
    SDOptimist is offline
    Originally Posted by DCSpartan View Post
    Reality check. Two years of hanging out in your parents basement isnt going to make you Division I material. You're practically an adult by now, so here is a hard truth: sometimes to get what you want in life, you have to bust your ass for years and when you get that ONE chance, you have to make it. You dont get to walk on to Alabama, or Wall Street, or Google without work and effort. You blew it with football - but maybe there is something out there is meant for you, if you are willing to work and take it.
    Originally Posted by OneLastChance View Post
    This x 10. It's not the end of the world if you can't play football. And setting your dreams high, isn't an excuse for being misinformed. SDO gave you very good information. However, you do need to realize the chance of you making it to the U or much less the NFL are pretty much 1/1,000,000. And I'm not saying that to be a negative ned. It's just how it is. There is an optimal window to do these sort of things. And when they close they CLOSE.
    Great posts for the OP.

    Nothing wrong with chasing dreams and aiming high. That's why I gave him some insight on the longshot avenues he can take before the door closes. But, there is definitely more out there than just sports. Education is really important. Focus on school and major in something you are passionate about, but is also challenging and sought after. Like, biology(pre-med), engineering, math/calculus, etc.

    If you love football, play intramural sports. Or better yet, whichever university you go to, join the team and a student manager or staff member. You will get to experience a lot of things that the players get to experience.

    Most importantly, enjoy your senior year of high school. Play all out and enjoy your time since it is a very good probability that it is your last.
    Reply With Quote

Reply

Similar Threads

  1. High School to Division 1 Football
    By knights73 in forum Sports Training
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-10-2012, 06:50 PM
  2. Division 1 Football Eligibility
    By STUPAC3000 in forum Sports Training
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 11-23-2010, 11:52 AM
  3. Replies: 46
    Last Post: 08-21-2010, 01:33 PM
  4. Division 1 Football- X Factor during summer?
    By apipedream0750 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-31-2008, 10:14 PM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-08-2006, 06:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Home Store Products Careers Help Contact Us Terms of Use Checkout