Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Sargamatha is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sargamatha is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sargamatha is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sargamatha is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sargamatha is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sargamatha is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sargamatha is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sargamatha is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sargamatha is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sargamatha is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sargamatha is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Atheists, The magic man in the sky arguement

After watching this video, tell me, how can you be sure God does not exist?

Gotta love this video

Edit: All atheists disappeared all of a sudden I see

Your superman in the sky watching over humans straw man arguement, is laughable
    Last edited by Sargamatha; 01-03-2013 at 10:49 AM.
    "For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."
    Romans 8:38-39

R.I.P Zyzz, Father of Aesthetics

*Tekken Crew*
    *Gamer crew*
    *Christian brah crew*

Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Not a bad video.

Birdy69 is just really nice. (+1000) Birdy69 is just really nice. (+1000) Birdy69 is just really nice. (+1000) Birdy69 is just really nice. (+1000) Birdy69 is just really nice. (+1000) Birdy69 is just really nice. (+1000) Birdy69 is just really nice. (+1000) Birdy69 is just really nice. (+1000) Birdy69 is just really nice. (+1000) Birdy69 is just really nice. (+1000) Birdy69 is just really nice. (+1000)
    How can I love something I didn't watch?

If you expect me to watch a video, at least tell me what it's about first...
    Member of NRA, GOA, SAF, TSRA, and CCRKBA (U.S. gun lobbies). Also a member of the Libertarian Party and Schiff Premium.

Agnostic atheist/Minarchist ftw.

"Ain't nuthin to it but to do it." - Ronnie Coleman

Possibly the re-incarnation of Thomas Jefferson

Sargamatha is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sargamatha is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sargamatha is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sargamatha is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sargamatha is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sargamatha is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sargamatha is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sargamatha is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sargamatha is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sargamatha is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sargamatha is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Birdy69 View Post
    How can I love something I didn't watch?

If you expect me to watch a video, at least tell me what it's about first...
    How about you watch it? it takes 5 minutes, but let me try to cliff it for you:

- The fish doesn't know that humans exist, drive airplanes etc, yet we exist, we are all around them

short cliffs eh? now watch the video, or don't , I don't care
    "For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

*Tekken Crew*
    *Gamer crew*
    *Christian brah crew*

Apeus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Apeus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Apeus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Apeus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Apeus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Apeus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Apeus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Apeus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Apeus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Apeus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Apeus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I don't take anyone seriously who refers to people who understand evolution as "evolutionists."

Originally Posted by Apeus View Post
    I don't take anyone seriously who refers to people who understand evolution as "evolutionists."
    Evoheads or nobheads suits them better

*Tekken Crew*
    *Gamer crew*
    *Christian brah crew*

Queequeg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Queequeg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Queequeg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Queequeg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Queequeg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Queequeg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Queequeg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Queequeg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Queequeg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Queequeg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Queequeg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Sargamatha View Post

Gotta love this video

Terrible video, the only purpose of which I can imagine to be is to reaffirm beliefs to people with cognitive dissonance and this is pretty much by addmitance of the author.

I almost stopped when he used the term "evolutionist" and then groups it with atheist, as if they are the same thing or as if that evolution some how has relevance to the topic at hand. But I persisted and conclude that the first half of the video can be distilled to

1)Russels teapot
    2)God is not a teapot

Which is not a refution, its simply demonstrates the author dosn't understand the topic at hand or the correct use of the strawman fallacy

The second half of the video can be distilled as thusly

1)fish can't concieve the human word
    2)humans can't concieve god
    3)therefore god

This shows the authors lack of understanding in the difference between metaphysics and epistemology and the difference between implicit and explicit statements and again burden of proof.

Edit: I didn't disappear, I was watching and the typing a reply. If I did believe in God I would be equally critcial of this video as it lacks any substance or intellectual credibility.

Godfrd824 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Godfrd824 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Godfrd824 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Godfrd824 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Godfrd824 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Godfrd824 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Godfrd824 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Godfrd824 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Godfrd824 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Godfrd824 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Godfrd824 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Or, or, you could just tell this fish to stick his head out of the water and look. Terrible simile. It's like Christians are retarded.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home.

Poolee32 is just really nice. (+1000) Poolee32 is just really nice. (+1000) Poolee32 is just really nice. (+1000) Poolee32 is just really nice. (+1000) Poolee32 is just really nice. (+1000) Poolee32 is just really nice. (+1000) Poolee32 is just really nice. (+1000) Poolee32 is just really nice. (+1000) Poolee32 is just really nice. (+1000) Poolee32 is just really nice. (+1000) Poolee32 is just really nice. (+1000)
    It's not a matter of "I can't be sure god exists"

It's a matter of "I DO NOT believe there is a god."

Why do people not understand this?

Almost as bad as christians attempting to argue with atheists with their credibility coming from a book that atheists don't believe is real.
    ✰ OFFICIAL MISC RUNNING CREW ✰

Facilitating the i̵̬͠l̴̺͒ Harbinger's Avatar
    Harbinger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Harbinger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Harbinger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Harbinger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Harbinger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Harbinger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Harbinger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Harbinger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Harbinger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Harbinger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Harbinger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Would neg op again.
    O|||||||O

Queequeg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Queequeg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Queequeg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Queequeg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Queequeg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Queequeg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Queequeg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Queequeg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Queequeg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Queequeg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Queequeg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    OP is it logical and rational for the fish in the videos example to believe in a humans and a world?

If so is it equally rational for the fish to believe in a magic man above the water?

_Ryan_ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) _Ryan_ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) _Ryan_ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) _Ryan_ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) _Ryan_ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) _Ryan_ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) _Ryan_ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) _Ryan_ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) _Ryan_ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) _Ryan_ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) _Ryan_ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Pretty silly retort actually.

Not sure why the appeal to ignorance in regards to quantum mechanics always gets thrown out there when supernatural claims are made.

Also, the pond analogy fails with proof right in this video (the coy with its face interacting OUTSIDE of the pond).

Approximately Accurate GregariousWolf's Avatar
    GregariousWolf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GregariousWolf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GregariousWolf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GregariousWolf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GregariousWolf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GregariousWolf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GregariousWolf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GregariousWolf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GregariousWolf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GregariousWolf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GregariousWolf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

- The fish doesn't know that humans exist, drive airplanes etc, yet we exist, we are all around them

Yeah, but fish don't care about us and I don't care if they are gay fish.

Originally Posted by Queequeg View Post
    Terrible video, the only purpose of which I can imagine to be is to reaffirm beliefs to people with cognitive dissonance and this is pretty much by addmitance of the author.

I almost stopped when he used the term "evolutionist" and then groups it with atheist, as if they are the same thing or as if that evolution some how has relevance to the topic at hand. But I persisted and conclude that the first half of the video can be distilled to

1)Russels teapot
    2)God is not a teapot

Which is not a refution, its simply demonstrates the author dosn't understand the topic at hand or the correct use of the strawman fallacy

The second half of the video can be distilled as thusly

1)fish can't concieve the human word
    2)humans can't concieve god
    3)therefore god

This shows the authors lack of understanding in the difference between metaphysics and epistemology and the difference between implicit and explicit statements and again burden of proof.

Edit: I didn't disappear, I was watching and the typing a reply. If I did believe in God I would be equally critcial of this video as it lacks any substance or intellectual credibility.
    The author exposed the atheists logic of superman in the sky, and so far, no one answered, but people like you, ignore the true points of the video, pointing out to metaphysics lol

let's put it like this, You are a fish, you don't know whats outside your little world, that humans exist, and what they do, and when you leave your little world, you die, just as humans die when going to universe, and you ( fish ) completely have no idea what is outside earth, when you leave the water you die, just as we humans don't know what is beyond universe, the world beyond universe, its laws of physics, etc

So just because YOU ( fish ) dont know that I ( Human ) exist, and dont know what i do, does not mean that I do NOT exist, because I do exist, im all over your little world, And i go beyond this world, and explore universe, a world which is completely unknown to you.

But At the same time, I ( human ) can go to your world, just as Jesus went from the invisible unexplored, beyond our comprehension world, to our world

Just because you dont see something, does not mean, It does NOT exist

*Tekken Crew*
    *Gamer crew*
    *Christian brah crew*

frontofthepack is just really nice. (+1000) frontofthepack is just really nice. (+1000) frontofthepack is just really nice. (+1000) frontofthepack is just really nice. (+1000) frontofthepack is just really nice. (+1000) frontofthepack is just really nice. (+1000) frontofthepack is just really nice. (+1000) frontofthepack is just really nice. (+1000) frontofthepack is just really nice. (+1000) frontofthepack is just really nice. (+1000) frontofthepack is just really nice. (+1000)
    lol @ people who bash evolution. There's more evidence for evolution than there will ever be for God. end of story.

mainsqueeze530 is a name known to all. (+5000) mainsqueeze530 is a name known to all. (+5000) mainsqueeze530 is a name known to all. (+5000) mainsqueeze530 is a name known to all. (+5000) mainsqueeze530 is a name known to all. (+5000) mainsqueeze530 is a name known to all. (+5000) mainsqueeze530 is a name known to all. (+5000) mainsqueeze530 is a name known to all. (+5000) mainsqueeze530 is a name known to all. (+5000) mainsqueeze530 is a name known to all. (+5000) mainsqueeze530 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    GREAT video OP, I loved that analogy. Going to start using that.

The "magic man in the sky" phrase is ridiculous. Nobody knows what God TRULY is, but we know He is the creator, and a loving and forgiving God as long as we follow His simple instructions.
    To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven;
    A time to be born, and a time to die;
    A time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
    A time to weep, and a time to laugh;
    A time to mourn, and a time to dance.

Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000)
    After watching this video, tell me, how can you be sure God does not exist?

Gotta love this video

Your superman in the sky watching over humans straw man arguement, is laughable
    Wait, you actually think this video stumped atheist?

So in your young 19 years of life, you actually have the arrogance to think that the "we just cant properly fathom God because we're lowly beings (which is all the chitty video says)".

Btw, the reason why no one responded is because you didn't put cliffs.
    Access the gun's off the earth axis
    Axis of evil, the eagle will leave your hat split
    Ruck flow is like "**** you, Gawd"
    I don't wanna rhyme, I need a construction job

- Sean Price

frontofthepack is just really nice. (+1000) frontofthepack is just really nice. (+1000) frontofthepack is just really nice. (+1000) frontofthepack is just really nice. (+1000) frontofthepack is just really nice. (+1000) frontofthepack is just really nice. (+1000) frontofthepack is just really nice. (+1000) frontofthepack is just really nice. (+1000) frontofthepack is just really nice. (+1000) frontofthepack is just really nice. (+1000) frontofthepack is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by mainsqueeze530 View Post
    Nobody knows what God TRULY is, but we know He is the creator, and a loving and forgiving God as long as we follow His simple instructions.
    Doesn't the bible say man was created in "his" image? Than we can infer he is a being and looks like a human no? And a god is not loving and forgiving if he kills you for not obeying or worshiping him.

BRB created everything

BRB cares when people dont acknowledge him

BRB sounds extremely insecure

Godfrd824 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Godfrd824 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Godfrd824 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Godfrd824 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Godfrd824 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Godfrd824 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Godfrd824 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Godfrd824 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Godfrd824 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Godfrd824 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Godfrd824 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The author exposed the atheists logic of superman in the sky, and so far, no one answered, but people like you, ignore the true points of the video, pointing out to metaphysics lol

let's put it like this, You are a fish, you don't know whats outside your little world, that humans exist, and what they do, and when you leave your little world, you die, just as humans die when going to universe, and you ( fish ) completely have no idea what is outside earth, when you leave the water you die, just as we humans don't know what is beyond universe, the world beyond universe, its laws of physics, etc

So just because YOU ( fish ) dont know that I ( Human ) exist, and dont know what i do, does not mean that I do NOT exist, because I do exist, im all over your little world, And i go beyond this world, and explore universe, a world which is completely unknown to you.

But At the same time, I ( human ) can go to your world, just as Jesus went from the invisible unexplored, beyond our comprehension world, to our world

Just because you dont see something, does not mean, It does NOT exist
    Negged for being stupid.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home.

Originally Posted by Poolee32 View Post
    It's not a matter of "I can't be sure god exists"

It's a matter of "I DO NOT believe there is a god."
    Thats a different story, and completely fine, because you refuse to believe in God, rather than disbelieving because of the lack of understanding

*Tekken Crew*
    *Gamer crew*
    *Christian brah crew*

TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    This video changed my life, not only do I believe in a creator now, I believe that it is The One True Christian God. Praise Jesus.

Originally Posted by frontofthepack View Post
    Doesn't the bible say man was created in "his" image? Than we can infer he is a being and looks like a human no?
    Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground."
    Genesis 1:26

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.
    John 1:1

God creating humans in his likeness becomes clear, as from this verse, we can understand that Jesus created humans, in his image

*Tekken Crew*
    *Gamer crew*
    *Christian brah crew*

Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.

God creating humans in his likeness becomes clear, as from this verse, we can understand that Jesus created humans, in his image
    According to trinity theory. Jesus = son of God. and Jesus=God. so God looks like a man okay thx.

Originally Posted by frontofthepack View Post
    lol @ people who bash evolution. There's more evidence for evolution than there will ever be for God. end of story.

*Tekken Crew*
    *Gamer crew*
    *Christian brah crew*

Poolee32 is just really nice. (+1000) Poolee32 is just really nice. (+1000) Poolee32 is just really nice. (+1000) Poolee32 is just really nice. (+1000) Poolee32 is just really nice. (+1000) Poolee32 is just really nice. (+1000) Poolee32 is just really nice. (+1000) Poolee32 is just really nice. (+1000) Poolee32 is just really nice. (+1000) Poolee32 is just really nice. (+1000) Poolee32 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I've thrown fish back in the water plenty of times OP.

Pretty sure I've seen fish run away from me when I get in a body of water.

You're stupid.
    ✰ OFFICIAL MISC RUNNING CREW ✰

ITT OP hit retard in 2.4 seconds, that's faster than a Veyron. It's comical that he can't even comprehend why. I guess it's true that retards don't know they're retarded.

Birdy69 is just really nice. (+1000) Birdy69 is just really nice. (+1000) Birdy69 is just really nice. (+1000) Birdy69 is just really nice. (+1000) Birdy69 is just really nice. (+1000) Birdy69 is just really nice. (+1000) Birdy69 is just really nice. (+1000) Birdy69 is just really nice. (+1000) Birdy69 is just really nice. (+1000) Birdy69 is just really nice. (+1000) Birdy69 is just really nice. (+1000)

Do you even misc? Cliffs are needed before we read/watch something.

And blah blah I've heard this argument before. If you want to follow a barbaric, unproven religion that dictates how you should live your life, go ahead.
    Member of NRA, GOA, SAF, TSRA, and CCRKBA (U.S. gun lobbies). Also a member of the Libertarian Party and Schiff Premium.

Agnostic atheist/Minarchist ftw.

"Ain't nuthin to it but to do it." - Ronnie Coleman

Possibly the re-incarnation of Thomas Jefferson

TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Godfrd824 View Post
    ITT OP hit retard in 2.4 seconds, that's faster than a Veyron. It's comical that he can't even comprehend why. I guess it's true that retards don't know they're retarded.
    You don't know what you don't know.

Therefore God.

Seems pretty intelligent to me.

money lol, lol money BeefyMcNasty's Avatar
    BeefyMcNasty is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeefyMcNasty is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeefyMcNasty is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeefyMcNasty is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeefyMcNasty is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeefyMcNasty is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeefyMcNasty is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeefyMcNasty is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeefyMcNasty is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeefyMcNasty is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeefyMcNasty is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Any other sources?

And just out of curiosity, why do theists only put the nice sounding bible quotes in their sig? How about something a little more raunchy:

The next day the older daughter said to the younger, "Last night I lay with my father. Let's get him to drink wine again tonight, and you go in and lie with him so we can preserve our family line through our father." Genesis 19:34

And we're supposed to take this book seriously?
    Last edited by BeefyMcNasty; 01-03-2013 at 11:24 AM.
    You bring the pepper, I'll bring the Angus.

"People will kill you over time, and how they'll kill you is with tiny, harmless phrases, like 'be realistic.' "

**Self-Employed Crew**

**Bert Stare Bathroom Attendants Who Expect Me To Tip Them Crew**

Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Just to poke fun at this.

The argument for the video according to Sargamatha can be summed up as this.

"- The fish doesn't know that humans exist, drive airplanes etc, yet we exist, we are all around them"

Using that same line of thought. If we do not know God exist (which does not make sense, because many humans do believe that God exist, and unlike a fish, people who do not believe in God do know that the concept of God is a real thing, making the simile faulty), then what reason do we have to believe in a God? After all, we are ignorant to him, so why believe in him?

To use another example, let's talk about the Dodo bird. According to Wikipedia, the Dodo bird was first discovered (or recorded) by humans in 1598. I believe most would agree that it makes little sense for anyone to believe an animal like the Dodo bird existing prior to then. For instance, let's say in 1000 AD, there is a conversation, where one man tells another man "hey, there is an animal in a far away land called a Dodo, that is really dumb, has a big beak, cannot fly etc etc), why would it be wrong for the man to not believe the story, even though it is true, there is simply no evidence. According to the fish in the pond argument, you would have to seriously fancy the idea that a Dodo does indeed exist (in this case, the story is true, despite humans not discovering it), even though there is no reason to believe in such a wild story.

If the prior example was a bit too elaborate. Here is a shorten one. I go up to you, and tell you that I can bench a 1000 pounds. You would have to believe me, even if I choose not to prove it, because you are ignorant to whether I could really do it or not.
    Access the gun's off the earth axis
    Axis of evil, the eagle will leave your hat split
    Ruck flow is like "**** you, Gawd"
    I don't wanna rhyme, I need a construction job

- Sean Price