faek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) faek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) faek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) faek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) faek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) faek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) faek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) faek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) faek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) faek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) faek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

no seperate day for arms & shoulders feels bad

Hey!

I'm currently doing a modified version of "Intermediate/Advanced Routine" from this forum. My breaks between sets are longer and I do a standard 4x10 or 3x10.

D1 - Chest, Triceps, Shoulders: Bench press, Incline bench press, Dips (chest version), Decline cable chest press, Decline EZ Bar Triceps Extension, overhead dumbbell extensions (single arm), triceps pushdowns, dumbbell side laterals, front dumbbell raises.

D2 - Back, Biceps, Rear delts: Pullups, V-Bar Pulldowns, chest-supported rows, seated cable rows, one arm dumbbell rows, incline hammer curls, ez bar standing curls, overhead cable curls, One Arm Dumbbell Preacher Curls, incline rear delt flyes.

D3 - Lower back, Legs: Deadlifts (my favourite ^_^), Squats, Leg presses, leg extensions, lying leg curls, seated calf raises, standing calf raises

D4 - rest

and repeat the cycle

I also mix in abs after every two days or so. Depending on how I feel.

I usually do around 4 sets on main exercises and 3 on others. It varies on how I'm currently feeling.
    Mostly around 10 reps, depending on the muscle and feeling.

I used to have a 5 day split (legs, chest, back, arms, shoulders) before trying this out and it feels that not having a separate day for each muscle group is hindering my progress of arms and shoulders, since they are being worked out after I have already exhausted myself with other exercises.

My sessions are around 2 hours currently. They used to be a bit shorter with the 5 day split, obviously.
    I've only worked out for 3 months so far.

Has anyone experienced something similar with moving from "every muscle once a week" to "every muscle twice a week"?

Thanks!

musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    First off, it doesn't matter how you 'feel'. That has no value. It matters if you are progressing on weights workout to workout/week to week and if you are noticing changes on the scale and the mirror over time. You didn't mention how long you've been running your new routine but if you just started, then you are showing signs of bodybuilder ADD by saying you don't 'feel' as if the muscles are getting worked enough.
    For example: do you know why some muscles feel exhausted before you get to work them directly? Because they are being worked using the compounds earlier in the routine. See how that works?

When you have some results (data, measurements, lift numbers, progress pics) then we can see if your routine is working. if all you are going on are feelings, then you still have a lot to learn

faek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) faek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) faek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) faek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) faek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) faek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) faek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) faek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) faek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) faek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) faek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by musikguy72 View Post
    When you have some results (data, measurements, lift numbers, progress pics) then we can see if your routine is working. if all you are going on are feelings, then you still have a lot to learn
    The feelings are based on the weights I can use for biceps, triceps, shoulders. It seems as if they have stalled compared to other muscles.

Also I did not mention how long have I been running the new routine, because I do not know for sure, but if I had to guess, I'd guess around a month.

musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by faek View Post
    The feelings are based on the weights I can use for biceps, triceps, shoulders. It seems as if they have stalled compared to other muscles.

Also I did not mention how long have I been running the new routine, because I do not know for sure, but if I had to guess, I'd guess around a month.
    One thing that will help you greatly (it changed the way I monitored my gains)...Keep a log book of everything. You should never have to say they 'seem' to have stalled. You look at your log book and the numbers will tell you if you have stalled (ie: they show the same numbers for two workouts and a lower number for the third).
    You also should know exactly how many weeks you've been working out. When you start to feel lethargic and several lifts start to stall you can look at your log book and see that you've been running your routine for about 10 weeks. Guess what? Time for a deload.

You will do much better at this when you can refer to your log and KNOW what's working and whats not instead of all this guessing.

Originally Posted by musikguy72 View Post
    One thing that will help you greatly (it changed the way I monitored my gains)...Keep a log book of everything. You should never have to say they 'seem' to have stalled. You look at your log book and the numbers will tell you if you have stalled (ie: they show the same numbers for two workouts and a lower number for the third).
    You also should know exactly how many weeks you've been working out. When you start to feel lethargic and several lifts start to stall you can look at your log book and see that you've been running your routine for about 10 weeks. Guess what? Time for a deload.

You will do much better at this when you can refer to your log and KNOW what's working and whats not instead of all this guessing.
    I actually know the weights by heart and I have not been able to increase any for my biceps, triceps, shoulders for about a month (since I started with the new routine).

But I'll keep going with it for a while more.

Sorry for not including this important information in the OP... -__-