Passion For Fitness LiveToRideFast's Avatar
    LiveToRideFast will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiveToRideFast will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiveToRideFast will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiveToRideFast will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiveToRideFast will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiveToRideFast will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiveToRideFast will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiveToRideFast will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiveToRideFast will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiveToRideFast will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiveToRideFast will become famous soon enough. (+50)

I like to kill birds, so can i kill 2 birds with one stone?

Ok guys so after 2 years of really strictly counting calories, i have come to a conclusion that my Maintenance calories is around 2800 with my current schedule. I want to get leaner everywhere but i always want to build my legs bigger so i want to know if i can cut sunday-thursday and eat 2350 to 2400 calories to loose fat but after i work out my legs friday eat say 3000-3200 calories friday and saturday to build my legs in a surplus of calories and repeat every weak so i can build legs but still loose fat or do i have to be in a constant surplus for extended periods of time to build muscle.
    Sculpt the body Beautiful

bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    On the list for Bannukah

LiveToRideFast will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiveToRideFast will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiveToRideFast will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiveToRideFast will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiveToRideFast will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiveToRideFast will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiveToRideFast will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiveToRideFast will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiveToRideFast will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiveToRideFast will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiveToRideFast will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by bodyhard View Post
    was a legit question. Im not trying to be funny

taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    What you're talking about is carb-cycling/calorie-cycling . . . people do it with some success, where you increase your calories on the days you lift for the muscles you are trying to focus on. Most times that's done more for cutting/recomping tough. All I can suggest is try it and see if it works for what you are trying to do. Generally, if you are trying to put significant size on bodyparts and especially large muscle groups like legs, you'll probably have better luck just bulking then cutting.
    *MFC Elder Statesmen Cabinet Crew*

**Distal Bicep Rupture Crew (Feb 2013)** -- recovery log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151942933
    **Extreme Dips Crew** - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136113651

Originally Posted by taf1968 View Post
    What you're talking about is carb-cycling/calorie-cycling . . . people do it with some success, where you increase your calories on the days you lift for the muscles you are trying to focus on. Most times that's done more for cutting/recomping tough. All I can suggest is try it and see if it works for what you are trying to do. Generally, if you are trying to put significant size on bodyparts and especially large muscle groups like legs, you'll probably have better luck just bulking then cutting.
    Thanks, ill give it a try and see how it works

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by LiveToRideFast View Post
    i want to know if i can cut sunday-thursday and eat 2350 to 2400 calories to loose fat but after i work out my legs friday eat say 3000-3200 calories friday and saturday to build my legs in a surplus of calories and repeat every weak so i can build legs but still loose fat
    The body's processes don't turn on a dime; if you do ^^^^ this, you'll only be chasing your own tail, and will always look about the same as you do now.

or do i have to be in a constant surplus for extended periods of time to build muscle.
    Unless you're an obese noob, ^^^^ this is what you, and everyone else like you, will have to do.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

πŸ…ΎπŸ…ΌπŸ…΄πŸ…ΆπŸ…° πŸ††πŸ…΄πŸ…°πŸ…ΏπŸ…ΎπŸ…½ EjnarKolinkar's Avatar
    EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Eat a surplus and build muscle, your plan is a recipe to stay the same.

Some people cycle calories/carbs in a surplus to gain, not to be confused with eating at maintenece and cycling intake. Some enjoy more food on leg day, less on a rest day. I tried it, too much bookkeeping for me.
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl