T-Rage is on a distinguished road. (+10) T-Rage is on a distinguished road. (+10) T-Rage is on a distinguished road. (+10) T-Rage is on a distinguished road. (+10) T-Rage is on a distinguished road. (+10) T-Rage is on a distinguished road. (+10) T-Rage is on a distinguished road. (+10) T-Rage is on a distinguished road. (+10) T-Rage is on a distinguished road. (+10) T-Rage is on a distinguished road. (+10) T-Rage is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Exercise Bike For Squat Warm Up

Years ago when I used to squat regularly I would always do 5 - 7 minutes of walking on a treadmill followed by 5 - 7 minutes on the exercise bike increasing the tension throughout to thoroughly warm up my knees. After a layoff I'm happy to be squatting again in my basement gym. However, I don't have an exercise bike. It seems no matter how much light jogging, dancing around, bag work, etc. I do, I can't seem to warm my knees up. Granted its been cold here in the North East, however I'm definitely trolling Craig's list for an exercise bike ASAP.

That being said I'm really curious if others religiously hit the exercise bike prior to doing squats.

benjobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjobb will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I don't really like cardio for warming up, try dynamic stretching, foam rolling and really light warm-up sets. I could sometimes go for 3 sets of 5 with just the bar just to get my body/knees ready.
    Always learning.

(For 5 reps)
    Squat - 110kg
    Deadlift- 115kg
    Bench Press - 65kg
    Overhead Press - 47.5kg

Doing Starting Strength by JasonDB/IceCreamFitness, check out my log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148385953

Check out my youtube page too: youtube.com/thebofitness

lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Some dynamic stretches, mostly just light warm up sets. I personally feel nothing is more effective than warm up sets of the actual exercise (for the big compounds. I.e. once you've squatting, you should be sufficiently warmed up for quad/hamstring isolation work).

Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Eliptical or rowing machine are extremely good for warming up.

----

When it comes to warm ups, it is all about the needs of a lifter and no warm up will be the same for two people.

I love the eliptical warm up because it really helps me stretch my back (thanks to the criss cross movement) and starts to lubricate certain joints. Then I move to dynamic drills for hips/ and rotator cuffs, as well as some myofacial release and foam rolling to losen some specific tight muscles. After that I start the movement of the day with the bar, and work my way up. A set of squats with 3 plates would take me 7 warm up sets to get there. The first sets will be high rep, to really get the blood going into the muscles worked and as the weight go up, the reps go down and the warm up becomes a CNS warm up.
    "Do not subordinate fundamental principles to minor details."

Physiotherapy instagram
    https://www.instagram.com/dayyan.physio/

gs425e will become famous soon enough. (+50) gs425e will become famous soon enough. (+50) gs425e will become famous soon enough. (+50) gs425e will become famous soon enough. (+50) gs425e will become famous soon enough. (+50) gs425e will become famous soon enough. (+50) gs425e will become famous soon enough. (+50) gs425e will become famous soon enough. (+50) gs425e will become famous soon enough. (+50) gs425e will become famous soon enough. (+50) gs425e will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    an empty bar..and 5 sets of the exercise that you want to perform..works for me

T-Rage is on a distinguished road. (+10) T-Rage is on a distinguished road. (+10) T-Rage is on a distinguished road. (+10) T-Rage is on a distinguished road. (+10) T-Rage is on a distinguished road. (+10) T-Rage is on a distinguished road. (+10) T-Rage is on a distinguished road. (+10) T-Rage is on a distinguished road. (+10) T-Rage is on a distinguished road. (+10) T-Rage is on a distinguished road. (+10) T-Rage is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by benjobb View Post
    I don't really like cardio for warming up, try dynamic stretching, foam rolling and really light warm-up sets. I could sometimes go for 3 sets of 5 with just the bar just to get my body/knees ready.
    I'm doing all those things but it just doesn't seem to be enough. I miss the the way the bike would make my knees feel warm, lubricated and filled with blood.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by T-Rage View Post
    Years ago when I used to squat regularly I would always do 5 - 7 minutes of walking on a treadmill followed by 5 - 7 minutes on the exercise bike increasing the tension throughout to thoroughly warm up my knees. After a layoff I'm happy to be squatting again in my basement gym. However, I don't have an exercise bike. It seems no matter how much light jogging, dancing around, bag work, etc. I do, I can't seem to warm my knees up. Granted its been cold here in the North East, however I'm definitely trolling Craig's list for an exercise bike ASAP.

That being said I'm really curious if others religiously hit the exercise bike prior to doing squats.
    I do a couple of minutes on a bike before every training session, followed by 2-3 sets of 6-8 reps of very light Clean & Press. Then I start my session with specific warmups dependent on the exercise I'm starting with.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Thanks all for the suggestions!

pyaarawala is just really nice. (+1000) pyaarawala is just really nice. (+1000) pyaarawala is just really nice. (+1000) pyaarawala is just really nice. (+1000) pyaarawala is just really nice. (+1000) pyaarawala is just really nice. (+1000) pyaarawala is just really nice. (+1000) pyaarawala is just really nice. (+1000) pyaarawala is just really nice. (+1000) pyaarawala is just really nice. (+1000) pyaarawala is just really nice. (+1000)
    I agree with everyone. Nothing like doing warmup sets of squats before squatting. I use the SS warmup calculator which would be something like this for a 240 lb squat:

2x5 45 lbs (just the bar)
    1x5 95 lbs
    1x3 140 lbs
    1x2 190 lbs
    3x5 240 lbs (working sets)

I just recently incorporated some foam rolling and dynamic stretches pre-squat.
    TM Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=145984543&highlight=pyaarawala

Texas Method -- Shredding down this body fat while maintaining strength --> Lean & mean