Josnyder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How to get body fat percentage down?

Sorry if this has been asked a million times. I weigh 140 and my body fat percentage is 19% which is according to the chart I found is barely in the "acceptable" catagory. So how can I get it down Farley quickly?

L4ctose has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) L4ctose has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) L4ctose has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) L4ctose has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) L4ctose has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) L4ctose has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) L4ctose has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) L4ctose has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    caloric deficit
    "The body achieves what the mind believes."

"Normality is what the weak call living, I call it death."

"Suffer the pain of discipline now or suffer the pain of regret later."

“To succeed you must first improve, to improve you must first practice, to practice you must first learn, and to learn you must first fail.”

"A goal without a plan is a wish."

MuscledHorse will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscledHorse will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscledHorse will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscledHorse will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscledHorse will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscledHorse will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscledHorse will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscledHorse will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscledHorse will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscledHorse will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscledHorse will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    A couple things:
    First, if you are an athlete and in decent to excellent shape BMI is a poor indicator of body fat as muscle weighs more than fat and this throws the computation off. It works well on average and overweight people but not on the athletic types. There are better ways to determine body fat percent if you really want to know it. The best indication for body fat is simply to look in the mirror at how defined you are. That is, I've never seen bodybuilder (myself included) check their BMI to see how lean they are. We just check the mirror.
    Second, as L4ctose said, if you really have excess body fat (and at 140# on a 5'11" frame you'd have to have a lot fat and little muscle for it to be excessive) then caloric deficit combined with calorie buring activities (cardio, lifting, playing basketball, tennis, etc.) will help burn the fat away, as will tightening your diet and getting rid of beer, sugar drinks and other nutritionally poor foods.
    You want to fly faster and further but Perfection cannot be plotted because every chart or graph is a limitation. Perfect speed, my son, is being there. You must stop seeing yourself as a limited gull with a 42" wingspan. -- Jonathan Livingston Seagull

Always do your best, be impeccable with your word, don't take things personally and don't make assumptions. -- The Four Agreements

Endri3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Endri3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Endri3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Endri3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Endri3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Endri3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Endri3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Endri3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Endri3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Endri3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Endri3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If you're not lifting then Calorie Deficit. But if you are you should be at Maintenance, and high protein diet. You'll gain muscle shed fat slowly, and lower body fat. Keep a journal on your diet, and how much Calories you consume a day, and how much protein, carbs, and fat you consume. Also stick to long cardio, instead of short cardio, or don't do it at all. Are you sure you're 19% that seems a little off considering your height and your weight. Anyways check this website out to know how much you need to consume at Maintenance.
    http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm