Crewe00 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Bodybuilding with cystic fibrosis

Hi everyone. Not sure if om posting this in the right section but im new to forums so please correct me if im doing anything wrong!

Im 21 years old living with cystic fibrosis in england.
    Started going to the gym in jan 2012 around 11st and have got very much into it and now currently weighing 13st12lb.

But my weight has stayed the same now for around the last 3 months! Im consuming around 4500 clean calories a day and taking creon 10,000 enzymes for my cystic fibrosis and training mon-fri.

Anyone got any suggestions as to what to try next? Because its really starting yo put a downer on training as if i feel im getting no where.

HeathFletcher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Crewe00 View Post
    Hi everyone. Not sure if om posting this in the right section but im new to forums so please correct me if im doing anything wrong!

Im 21 years old living with cystic fibrosis in england.
    Started going to the gym in jan 2012 around 11st and have got very much into it and now currently weighing 13st12lb.

But my weight has stayed the same now for around the last 3 months! Im consuming around 4500 clean calories a day and taking creon 10,000 enzymes for my cystic fibrosis and training mon-fri.

Anyone got any suggestions as to what to try next? Because its really starting yo put a downer on training as if i feel im getting no where.
    Hey. I got Cystic Fibrosis as well, so I know where you're coming from. I'm guessing your progress in the gym has stopped as well? 4500 cals a day, is alot, but if you're not seeing any weight gains, it leads me to think that you're intake of Creon might be off. I'm taking Creon 25,000 units - with a ratio of 1 kapsule pr. 15g of fat / 30g of protein. Keep in mind, that fat and protein content reqiure seperate capsules. Im popping around 4 capsules when eating 300g of chicken, and 300g of Brown Rice (boiled). Compared to your 10,000 units, you would need around 2,5x that, for the same amount. So I'm thinking that your daily intake of capsules has gotta be 30-40 capsules - given the fact that you have a need for more fats and protein, when dealing with CF.

Whats your thoughts? Are you downing that many capsules a day - I mean - 4500 kcals, with a bodybuilding diet, thats a lot of freaking capsules...