Thread: NCCPT questions

arsnicalien has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

NCCPT questions

Hey guys n' gals, I'm 17, looking at an early graduation by the end of this month and the plan is to throw myself into the personal training industry. I'm Canadian so the courses I need to take will be :basic theory, weight training, personal training. I assume that having just those courses on my resume won't be the most appealing thing besides the fact that I'll be new to the industry (and young as hell). Looking at NCCPT as a possible course to take as well, anyone have any prior experience with said course, or any info as to whether or not gym's give a damn about the NCCPT cert.
    Thanks!

Lancer7 is not very well liked. (-100) Lancer7 is not very well liked. (-100) Lancer7 is not very well liked. (-100) Lancer7 is not very well liked. (-100) Lancer7 is not very well liked. (-100) Lancer7 is not very well liked. (-100) Lancer7 is not very well liked. (-100) Lancer7 is not very well liked. (-100) Lancer7 is not very well liked. (-100) Lancer7 is not very well liked. (-100) Lancer7 is not very well liked. (-100)

Nccpt

Originally Posted by arsnicalien View Post
    Hey guys n' gals, I'm 17, looking at an early graduation by the end of this month and the plan is to throw myself into the personal training industry. I'm Canadian so the courses I need to take will be :basic theory, weight training, personal training. I assume that having just those courses on my resume won't be the most appealing thing besides the fact that I'll be new to the industry (and young as hell). Looking at NCCPT as a possible course to take as well, anyone have any prior experience with said course, or any info as to whether or not gym's give a damn about the NCCPT cert.
    Thanks!
    I purchased this cert through groupon and it is cheap. The videos and pdf documents are outdated, copyright around 2000, so the info is partially outdated and you will have to weed out to compile good info, and if you dont know anything about fitness/nutrition you could be set up into teaching obsolete/falsified methods. And being the nutrition/fitness knowledge increases rapidly over a decade from then. There also is no refund. I see this as last resort to push a dying cert NCCPT. I consider this a scam since the info is outdated and falsified (any false info be it little is no good), for example they teach stretching fascia which has be proven impossible to stretch.

Basically, your paying for trash but im sure you will get something out of it but not much. If your standards are high you are scammed, if your standards are low you could get it; but do yourself a favor and start off on track with a better cert such as NASM. Yea! the price will be more, but spending 150 bucks on a cert thats scammed is like giving away 150 bucks for nothing. You might as well get a legit cert to start off from NASM and the like for 700 insofar as getting what you paid for--at least it up to date.

slonedigitty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) slonedigitty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) slonedigitty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) slonedigitty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) slonedigitty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) slonedigitty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) slonedigitty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) slonedigitty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) slonedigitty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) slonedigitty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) slonedigitty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Lancer7 View Post
    I purchased this cert through groupon and it is cheap. The videos and pdf documents are outdated, copyright around 2000, so the info is partially outdated and you will have to weed out to compile good info, and if you dont know anything about fitness/nutrition you could be set up into teaching obsolete/falsified methods. And being the nutrition/fitness knowledge increases rapidly over a decade from then. There also is no refund. I see this as last resort to push a dying cert NCCPT. I consider this a scam since the info is outdated and falsified (any false info be it little is no good), for example they teach stretching fascia which has be proven impossible to stretch.

Basically, your paying for trash but im sure you will get something out of it but not much. If your standards are high you are scammed, if your standards are low you could get it; but do yourself a favor and start off on track with a better cert such as NASM. Yea! the price will be more, but spending 150 bucks on a cert thats scammed is like giving away 150 bucks for nothing. You might as well get a legit cert to start off from NASM and the like for 700 insofar as getting what you paid for--at least it up to date.
    I'm not sure where Lancer7 has gotten his information from but, for one Fascia can ABSOLUTELY be stretched. The videos are also from 2008, as well. If you want to find a Nationally accredited certification, then Research them like NASM, NFPT, and ACSM and do one you think would interest you. Find what gyms near you except each certification as well, so you can find a job once you have the cert. I liked the NCCPT not only because it was cheap, but the Certification is very well rounded. It teaches you Nutrition, General Physiology, Anatomy, Exercise application, Business of PT, and more. Hope this helps.

zj95maxx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zj95maxx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zj95maxx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zj95maxx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zj95maxx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zj95maxx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zj95maxx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zj95maxx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zj95maxx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zj95maxx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zj95maxx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I just got NCCPT certified from a site called www.smartfitness.com

I got sponsored by my local Gold's Gym so it was free for me.

The videos were helpful and interesting.

michaelxfc5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelxfc5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelxfc5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelxfc5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelxfc5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelxfc5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelxfc5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelxfc5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelxfc5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelxfc5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelxfc5 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Do you think that this is a good cpt to get? I want to get a job at my gym which is an LA Fitness. I have also been looking at another cpt program from ISSA, not sure if you have heard of it.

Kraverman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I recently got certified with NCCPT, so take what I say with a grain of salt, but most gyms where I live -in Los Angeles- accept this certification. Keep in mind that the NCCPT certification is NCCA accredited whereas ISSA isn't (not picking on them) even though the former is less well known than the latter. To me, it's a certification that can/will get one's foot in the door at a gym, so they can at least get working, and then from there they can upgrade to another certification down the road. Just my .02
    Last edited by Kraverman; 07-25-2013 at 10:10 PM.
    MARPAY FITNESS: Perspirate – Recuperate – Duplicate
    https://marpayfitness.wordpress.com/

johnplatero has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) johnplatero has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) johnplatero has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) johnplatero has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) johnplatero has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) johnplatero has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) johnplatero has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) johnplatero has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) johnplatero has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) johnplatero has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) johnplatero has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Lancer7 View Post

LANCER7 Fascia can get tight correct? If it can tighten, it can also stretch. Every muscle fiber is wrapped in fascia. How is it possible to stretch a muscle fiber if the fascia wasn't stretching as well? I guess, foam rolling, Rolfing, trigger point therapy, etc, doesn't work either? 2000 was the original copyright of the manual. The manual is updated constantly...................................

johnplatero has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) johnplatero has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) johnplatero has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) johnplatero has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) johnplatero has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) johnplatero has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) johnplatero has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) johnplatero has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) johnplatero has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) johnplatero has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) johnplatero has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by michaelxfc5 View Post
    Do you think that this is a good cpt to get? I want to get a job at my gym which is an LA Fitness. I have also been looking at another cpt program from ISSA, not sure if you have heard of it.
    Fantastic Certification!