SyrianGasol has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Starr Program with Baskeball

Have any basketball players tried this program? I finish my cut session this week and will be hopping on it. I'm 6'3 at 180lbs. My hopes is to get my jumping at a much higher level with better explosiveness. I can dunk, but nothing fancy, so I'm wanting to improve upon that with this program.

I also wanted to do tires/sleds/plyos with it, but read that it was a bad idea to do so. I'll be on the program for about 12-15 weeks.

ByronKelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) ByronKelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) ByronKelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) ByronKelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) ByronKelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) ByronKelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) ByronKelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) ByronKelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) ByronKelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) ByronKelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) ByronKelly will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by SyrianGasol View Post
    Have any basketball players tried this program? I finish my cut session this week and will be hopping on it. I'm 6'3 at 180lbs. My hopes is to get my jumping at a much higher level with better explosiveness. I can dunk, but nothing fancy, so I'm wanting to improve upon that with this program.

I also wanted to do tires/sleds/plyos with it, but read that it was a bad idea to do so. I'll be on the program for about 12-15 weeks.
    never heard of it. PM me a link?
    Estimated 1Rep Max at ~204lbs

Squat 370lb (1.71xBW)
    Deadlift 470lb (2.30xBW)
    Bench 265lb (1.30xBW)

-bk

Originally Posted by ByronKelly View Post
    never heard of it. PM me a link?
    Sent.

Does anybody know if it would be okay to dedicate a day for basketball training with the Starr program. I am on the 3 day split (MWF), abs/core on Tuesday, and Yoga on Thursday. I wanted to do basketball training on Saturday (drills, ladder exercises, etc.) Would that be fine or impede upon recovery?