hotarri has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Actual width of Power Block Sport 9.0

Does anyone know what the actual width of the PB Sport 9.0 is? They list 6.5" on the website, but I wasn't sure if they are including the horizontal bar in this measurement.

I ordered a stage 2 set, but felt the stand was too pricey so I bought one used for $60. It looks like it is the older style stand which I believe was intended for the Elites and appears to be narrower than the current stand. The spot for each of the dumbells is about 6.75" wide. This won't work for their Urethane models, but if the Sport is really 6.5" including the horizontal bars then I should be good. Otherwise I'm going to try to return the stand since he originally said it would work with Sport 9.0, I don't want to wait until the dumbells arrive to check since it may be tougher to get my money back after a week.

Thanks in advance.

morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Give them a call. I called them a couple weeks ago and they were very helpful. The local distributer says PowerBlock is a very small family run business. He knew the guy I talked to by name. He was also willing to have a special order come with their stock so that I wouldn't have to pay shipping. I ended up finding a good deal on Craigslist for Ironmasters but probably would have bought a "Club set" otherwise. I still might someday but money is tight.

$60 doesn't seem very discounted for a used stand. Personally, I'd skip it.

You don't really need the stand...

Originally Posted by hotarri View Post
    Does anyone know what the actual width of the PB Sport 9.0 is? They list 6.5" on the website, but I wasn't sure if they are including the horizontal bar in this measurement.

I ordered a stage 2 set, but felt the stand was too pricey so I bought one used for $60. It looks like it is the older style stand which I believe was intended for the Elites and appears to be narrower than the current stand. The spot for each of the dumbells is about 6.75" wide. This won't work for their Urethane models, but if the Sport is really 6.5" including the horizontal bars then I should be good. Otherwise I'm going to try to return the stand since he originally said it would work with Sport 9.0, I don't want to wait until the dumbells arrive to check since it may be tougher to get my money back after a week.

Thanks in advance.
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #32 []---[] ()---() York Barbell Club #43 ()---() ▉---▉ Equipment Crew #50 ▉---▉

hotarri has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks, I'll contact Power Block and see what they say.

I agree regarding the price, if I knew then that it was different than the current version I would not have bought it. Now I don't want to deal with the hassle of schlepping it back across town and trying to return it if it will work.