Stinkertonn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Stinkertonn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Stinkertonn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Stinkertonn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Stinkertonn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Stinkertonn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Stinkertonn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Stinkertonn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Stinkertonn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Stinkertonn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Stinkertonn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Is it ok to take creatine with whey protein?

I used to drink 5g of flavored creatine mono then one scoop of whey protein as a part of my post workout meal, but I decided to buy flavorless creatine mono this time. Is it ok if I put the creatine and protein powder in the same drink and mix them together? It seems pretty obvious that you can but I want to make sure it won't mess anything up.

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What would it "mess up"?

There's nothing you can mess up

Am I right in guessing you avoid fats PWO?

Stinkertonn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Stinkertonn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Stinkertonn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Stinkertonn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Stinkertonn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Stinkertonn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Stinkertonn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Stinkertonn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Stinkertonn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Stinkertonn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Stinkertonn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by AlwaysTryin View Post
    What would it "mess up"?

There's nothing you can mess up

Am I right in guessing you avoid fats PWO?
    I'm only eating 6g of fats PWO so yeah you could say I'm "avoiding" them but this was more of just a coincidence than me purposely avoiding fat

It aint easy being cheesy Wantaripbod's Avatar
    Wantaripbod is a name known to all. (+5000) Wantaripbod is a name known to all. (+5000) Wantaripbod is a name known to all. (+5000) Wantaripbod is a name known to all. (+5000) Wantaripbod is a name known to all. (+5000) Wantaripbod is a name known to all. (+5000) Wantaripbod is a name known to all. (+5000) Wantaripbod is a name known to all. (+5000) Wantaripbod is a name known to all. (+5000) Wantaripbod is a name known to all. (+5000) Wantaripbod is a name known to all. (+5000)
    it wwont mess up anything, and dont avoid fats pwo.

thezaza101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I always take creatine post work out with my whey.

I've heard people say you need to get a insulin spike to absorb creatine, but I’m not sure if thats bro-science.. (Either way the whey protein should give me a insulin spike when I’m exhausted pwo anyway)

Naeem11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Naeem11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Naeem11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Naeem11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Naeem11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Naeem11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Naeem11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Naeem11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Naeem11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Naeem11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Naeem11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by thezaza101 View Post
    I always take creatine post work out with my whey.

I've heard people say you need to get a insulin spike to absorb creatine, but I’m not sure if thats bro-science.. (Either way the whey protein should give me a insulin spike when I’m exhausted pwo anyway)
    It is bro-science. Anything insulin spiking related, unless you have a medical condition, is bro-science.
    "I think, therefore I am" - René Descartes

snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    First of all, it is fine to mix bulk flavorless creatine with any type of shake.

Originally Posted by thezaza101 View Post
    It is complete nonsense. While it is true that ingesting creatine along with carbohydrates, protein, or even D-pinitol may enhance creatine uptake, it doesn’t really make much of a difference unless you are loading creatine.

As for the comment about using when to spike insulin, that may be adequate for the purpose of maximizing muscle protein balance, but it won't achieve the goal associated with optimizing creatine uptake (which again, is only relevant during the brief loading phase for those who choose to load). Evidence shows that ingesting creatine with a large amount of glucose (95 g) will enhance creatine uptake. Science has shown that cutting that carb amount in half and adding some protein can also enhance creatine uptake (e.g., ingesting creatine with 50g of carbohydrate + 50 g of protein). So, this may be relevant for someone who is just starting out supplementing with creatine and wants to reach the saturation point as soon as possible. For those supplementing creatine and are at the maintenance phase, there is no benefit to trying to enhance uptake via any type of insulin "spike."