utgunslinger13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) utgunslinger13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) utgunslinger13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) utgunslinger13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) utgunslinger13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) utgunslinger13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) utgunslinger13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) utgunslinger13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) utgunslinger13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) utgunslinger13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) utgunslinger13 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Tips for bringin up lagging back?

Hey guys! I am looking for some advice on what I might be able to do or change to start some growth in my back. I’ve tried a few different routines, workout splits, diets, etc but just can’t seem to pull up my lagging back! I'm sure some of it could be due to lack of experience posing, and I am scheduling some posing classes in the next few months at Beyond Limits gym here in Columbus OH to help with that.

Diet:
    Right now I am 5’8’’, 154.5lbs, and I am reverse dieting out of my last contest 9 weeks ago. Normal macros are 185P/290C/46.5F, with a low carb day on Saturday (225P/150C/42.5F), and “Skipload” on Sunday. I seem to be close or very near to my current maintenance point, and keep slowly adding in macros as needed.

Workout Splits:
    Mon – Heavy Chest/Arms
    Tues – Heavy Back
    Wed – Rest
    Thurs – Higher Rep Chest/Arms
    Fri – Higher Rep Back/Shoulders
    Sat – Legs
    Sun – Rest

Cardio:
    Mon - HIIT
    Wed - MISS
    Fri - HIIT

Back Workout - Tuesday:
    Pull Ups
    Good Mornings
    Close Grip Pull Downs
    Wide Grip Tower Rows
    Shrugs
    Wide Grip Lat Pull Downs
    Close Grip Low Rows
    Hyperextensions
    Attached Images

TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Deadlifts, pull-ups, rows.

Oh, and more Deadlifts.

Much like yourself, I run both a power day and a hyper day. I'm on a push/pull/legs. The contrast of a heavy day and high rep day has allowed me get stronger, which allows my high rep days more reps or more weight at higher reps.

I have seen my back come up a ton because of it. But that is just my experience.
    "The code of Bushido is harsh and relentless."

Olympic Lifting Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158765663

Registered User JanesLastResort's Avatar
    JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Get hooked on rows, dumbbell rows and pull ups!

Also, form before anything! It's very easy to forget!
    lĂłfasz

utgunslinger13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) utgunslinger13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) utgunslinger13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) utgunslinger13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) utgunslinger13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) utgunslinger13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) utgunslinger13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) utgunslinger13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) utgunslinger13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) utgunslinger13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) utgunslinger13 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by TakedaShingen View Post
    Deadlifts, pull-ups, rows.

Oh, and more Deadlifts.

Much like yourself, I run both a power day and a hyper day. I'm on a push/pull/legs. The contrast of a heavy day and high rep day has allowed me get stronger, which allows my high rep days more reps or more weight at higher reps.

I have seen my back come up a ton because of it. But that is just my experience.
    I workout in the AM before work, so I do my deadlifts on Saturday when I can allow more recovery time between sets and not be pinched for time. I've just switched to this kind of a split after my last contest, so perhaps I just need to stick with it and give it time? I just don't want to continue to spin my wheels and not grow!

big78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) big78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) big78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) big78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) big78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) big78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) big78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) big78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) big78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) big78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) big78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Check out the Hammer Strength low row machine! My lower lats have blown up because of this. I usually do 3 sets with each grip with a drop set.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Jd1evuiIzY
    If you want to be making moves on the street, have no attachements.. allow nothing to be in your life that you cannot walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you spot the heat arond the corner."

Originally Posted by big78 View Post
    Check out the Hammer Strength low row machine! My lower lats have blown up because of this. I usually do 3 sets with each grip with a drop set.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Jd1evuiIzY
    Unfortunately, my gym doesn't have any hammer strength machines so I would have to find an alternate way to do this.

John1262 is on a distinguished road. (+10) John1262 is on a distinguished road. (+10) John1262 is on a distinguished road. (+10) John1262 is on a distinguished road. (+10) John1262 is on a distinguished road. (+10) John1262 is on a distinguished road. (+10) John1262 is on a distinguished road. (+10) John1262 is on a distinguished road. (+10) John1262 is on a distinguished road. (+10) John1262 is on a distinguished road. (+10) John1262 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    What I do the most is Rack pulls/Rows/rack chins/weighted Pull ups.
    Twitter:@teamcagedanimal
    ********: ********.com/jtorresbodybuilder
    Instagram: @John1262