Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Registered User KrazyEyezKillah's Avatar
    KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by respare View Post
    I dont think it will be tbh, but i wont know if it is untill i've been training with it for a few weeks.

^lol'd at comps comment
    For a long time when I was still figuring things out I did chest/back, arms, legs/shoulders, repeat, rest. That is 6 consecutive days of at least hitting the triceps a little, usually a lot. Were they "overtrained?" no I seriously doubt it, but I certainly made way better gains just hitting them with skullcrushers or dips with my chest every 4 days. I know that is taking a minimalistic view but that is where I have seen the most growth.
    Bench Press - 225x18 // 275x8 // 330x1
    Squat - 385x7 // 445x1
    Overhead Press - 135x20 // 225x1
    Deadlift - 385x11

Bodyweight OHP for reps!

★★ Buddhist Crew★★
    "How is it possible that a being with such sensitive jewels as the eyes, such enchanted musical instruments as the ears, and such fabulous arabesque of nerves as the brain can experience itself as anything less than a god?" - A.W.

comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by KrazyEyezKillah View Post
    For a long time when I was still figuring things out I did chest/back, arms, legs/shoulders, repeat, rest. That is 6 consecutive days of at least hitting the triceps a little, usually a lot. Were they "overtrained?" no I seriously doubt it, but I certainly made way better gains just hitting them with skullcrushers or dips with my chest every 4 days. I know that is taking a minimalistic view but that is where I have seen the most growth.
    See, I've been simply hitting my biceps and triceps directly about twice a week through those type of movements for months maybe over a year, and I have little to show for it. So hopefully my arms respond better to high volume.

My lower + arms day has a total of 350 reps.
    I did it for the first time 2 days ago in the afternoon and I had a pump yesterday evening.

****ing fun.

Ionnz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ionnz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ionnz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ionnz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ionnz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ionnz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ionnz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ionnz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ionnz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ionnz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ionnz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Tb0282 View Post
    I'm most likely going to be doing upper/lower/upper/lower/upper/lower/off - repeat

I don't mind working out six days a week, I'll see how that feels, and if I don't like it I'll most likely use that template, mixing U/L and fullbody

I did this for like 2-3 months. Size wise brought my legs up a lot. The problem is your erectors get raped. I didn't really realize at the time but I my back was incredibly tight. Rows, squats day after day with no rest lol

romaboy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) romaboy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) romaboy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) romaboy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) romaboy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) romaboy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) romaboy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I'll probably try this out, since I've been doing a 5 day split just training each individual body part but we'll see how this go's.
    Though, should I stick to what I'm doing or do upper/lower?

Registered User KrazyEyezKillah's Avatar
    KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by comps View Post
    See, I've been simply hitting my biceps and triceps directly about twice a week through those type of movements for months maybe over a year, and I have little to show for it. So hopefully my arms respond better to high volume.

I did it for the first time 2 days ago in the afternoon and I had a pump yesterday evening.

****ing fun.
    For sure, to each his own. I was the opposite, I always hit my triceps with like 32 sets a week directly and then chest work and stuff and had not much improvement. They blew the fuk up when I stopped doing this and started isolating them much more rarely.
    Bench Press - 225x18 // 275x8 // 330x1
    Squat - 385x7 // 445x1
    Overhead Press - 135x20 // 225x1
    Deadlift - 385x11

Bodyweight OHP for reps!

★★ Buddhist Crew★★
    "How is it possible that a being with such sensitive jewels as the eyes, such enchanted musical instruments as the ears, and such fabulous arabesque of nerves as the brain can experience itself as anything less than a god?" - A.W.

Ionnz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ionnz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ionnz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ionnz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ionnz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ionnz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ionnz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ionnz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ionnz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ionnz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ionnz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by comps View Post

****ing fun.

Post/pm routine

comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Ionnz View Post
    Post/pm routine
    rather not post it until I finish a few months of it.
    Otherwise though I'll PM it to you.

respare will become famous soon enough. (+50) respare will become famous soon enough. (+50) respare will become famous soon enough. (+50) respare will become famous soon enough. (+50) respare will become famous soon enough. (+50) respare will become famous soon enough. (+50) respare will become famous soon enough. (+50) respare will become famous soon enough. (+50) respare will become famous soon enough. (+50) respare will become famous soon enough. (+50) respare will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by romaboy View Post
    I'll probably try this out, since I've been doing a 5 day split just training each individual body part but we'll see how this go's.
    Though, should I stick to what I'm doing or do upper/lower?
    The best routine is the one you stick with and enjoy.

That being said, if you do decided to do this routine do it as lower, upper, off, lower, upper, off, off. Just for the sake of your lower back. I only wrote it as upper/lower as that is how it is layed out in his book.

Originally Posted by respare View Post
    The best routine is the one you stick with and enjoy.

That being said, if you do decided to do this routine do it as lower, upper, off, lower, upper, off, off. Just for the sake of your lower back. I only wrote it as upper/lower as that is how it is layed out in his book.
    So much this.

Poverty reps for posting good info throughout while thread

Edit: spread pm if you care about poverties so I remember

Wpor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Would it be a problem to do dips instead of incline bench every other upper day?

respare will become famous soon enough. (+50) respare will become famous soon enough. (+50) respare will become famous soon enough. (+50) respare will become famous soon enough. (+50) respare will become famous soon enough. (+50) respare will become famous soon enough. (+50) respare will become famous soon enough. (+50) respare will become famous soon enough. (+50) respare will become famous soon enough. (+50) respare will become famous soon enough. (+50) respare will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Wpor View Post
    Would it be a problem to do dips instead of incline bench every other upper day?
    This all depends on what your form is like. The reason i say this is because most people do dips with a tricep dominant technique. But IMO incline bench > dips for sheer mass. If you are dead set on doing dips i would only do them once every 2-3 weeks purely as they are not a good chest exercise for most people.

GenevaB is on a distinguished road. (+10) GenevaB is on a distinguished road. (+10) GenevaB is on a distinguished road. (+10) GenevaB is on a distinguished road. (+10) GenevaB is on a distinguished road. (+10) GenevaB is on a distinguished road. (+10) GenevaB is on a distinguished road. (+10) GenevaB is on a distinguished road. (+10) GenevaB is on a distinguished road. (+10) GenevaB is on a distinguished road. (+10) GenevaB is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    hi this is derek's gf i logged on to write this because he is banned for 7 more days.he's telling me what to type so just read the points below.

dorian yates performed this workout as upper,off,lower,off,upper,off,lower,off usually 3 days a week of training.the recommendations you are ignorantly giving ppl about doing upper or lower days back to back is very bad.

also saying to do lower then upper the next day was a bad suggestion.you shouldnt train biceps and triceps the day before chest back and shoulders.that should have been common logic for any lifter who spent 10 minutes reading about training in their lifetime.

this is a great routine,and people will get great results out of it if they do it correctly,the way it was supposed to be done.

to everybody who wants to run this,you do

upper day,rest,lower day,rest,upper day rest and keep taking one off day minimum in between each workout.dont do it back to back,it ruins the entire purpose of the program

dont listen to the bad advice of the original poster if he says otherwise.

ok hes done talking
    Last edited by GenevaB; 01-07-2013 at 03:13 PM.

Originally Posted by GenevaB View Post
    hi this is derek's gf i logged on to write this because he is banned for 7 more days.he's telling me what to type so just read the points below.

you are completely ruining dorian yates entire upper lower routine and should not be giving any advice whatsoever about how to run it anymore since you obviously dont know what you are doing or saying

dorian yates performed this workout as upper,off,lower,off,upper,off,lower,off usually 3 days a week of training.the recommendations you are ignorantly giving ppl about doing upper or lower days back to back is absolutely terrible and ruins the entire program.it was never made to be like that,and you should just stop posting anything else about the routine because it would make him roll his eyes over.

also saying to do lower then upper the next day was a terrible suggestion.you shouldnt train biceps and triceps the day before chest back and shoulders.that should have been common logic for any lifter who spent 10 minutes reading about training in their lifetime.it clearly points out you have no business telling people how to do this routine.

this is a great routine,and people will get great results out of it if they do it correctly,the way it was supposed to be done.

upper day,rest,lower day,rest,upper day rest and keep taking one off day minimum in between each workout.dont do it back to back,it ruins the entire purpose of the program

dont listen to the original poster if he's telling you to do that either.who do you think knows more,the original poster or dorian yates?

ok hes done talking
    Thanks for the input. A couple of points from MY OPINION.

Firstly i originally wrote this routine exactly as layed out in his book - a warriors story as it may intrest some people. If you have read it you will know that he initially trained with this routine 4 days a weeks, then every other day then.only 3 days a week. This was because of hit HIT training style.

Secondly, most people dont want to just train 3 days a week, that is why i said you can train 4 days a week but to do it lower/upper. I did take into consideration the fatigue from training arms the day before upper, however i think it is more important to squat with a fresh lower back than it is to train upper with a bit of arm fatigue

Thirdly, no where in this thread have i said that i know better than yates. I listed out his routine, hell i even wrote out one of the sample diets from the same book. All i did was give a recomendation to those who wanted to run.the 4 days a week from a safety point of veiw imo.

GenevaB is on a distinguished road. (+10) GenevaB is on a distinguished road. (+10) GenevaB is on a distinguished road. (+10) GenevaB is on a distinguished road. (+10) GenevaB is on a distinguished road. (+10) GenevaB is on a distinguished road. (+10) GenevaB is on a distinguished road. (+10) GenevaB is on a distinguished road. (+10) GenevaB is on a distinguished road. (+10) GenevaB is on a distinguished road. (+10) GenevaB is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    he syas that dorian and anybody else with the right mind would never train triceps the day before chest or shoulders.they also wouldnt deadlift and squat on back to back days.telling somebody to train triceps the day before chest and shoulders,or telling somebody to squat the day before deadlifts is one of the worst suggestions anybody could ever give and there is a reason why dorian never did this nor did anybody else.the bench press and shoulder press heavily use the triceps and your bench or press will go down a lot by doing triceps the day before.you should do upper,off,lower,off,upper,off,lower,off or do the lower day after upper day but dorian never said to do this.this is why dorian as you said dropped it to three times a week and even when he did it 4 times a week it was every other day on some weeks like mon-upper wed-lower fri-upper sun-lower then the next week was only 3 days.

5erious will become famous soon enough. (+50) 5erious will become famous soon enough. (+50) 5erious will become famous soon enough. (+50) 5erious will become famous soon enough. (+50) 5erious will become famous soon enough. (+50) 5erious will become famous soon enough. (+50) 5erious will become famous soon enough. (+50) 5erious will become famous soon enough. (+50) 5erious will become famous soon enough. (+50) 5erious will become famous soon enough. (+50) 5erious will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    will try starting next week! thanks bro

Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Ionnz View Post
    I did this for like 2-3 months. Size wise brought my legs up a lot. The problem is your erectors get raped. I didn't really realize at the time but I my back was incredibly tight. Rows, squats day after day with no rest lol
    Yeah I decided to swap the third set of upper and lower for a fullbody day. My back wouldn't be able to handle that. Looking forward to the results I may see with this routine. Was doing fullbody for the past year, not enough volume or specialization for mass IMO
    ~Jesus Christ Is My Savior Crew~

The land at the end of our toes goes on and on,
    The sand at the core of our bones continues on

Hey I just met you. And this is crazy. But today is chest day. So spot me maybe?

Art thou prone to such insurmountable force upon thou biceps?

Bane11 is not very well liked. (-100) Bane11 is not very well liked. (-100) Bane11 is not very well liked. (-100) Bane11 is not very well liked. (-100) Bane11 is not very well liked. (-100) Bane11 is not very well liked. (-100) Bane11 is not very well liked. (-100) Bane11 is not very well liked. (-100) Bane11 is not very well liked. (-100) Bane11 is not very well liked. (-100) Bane11 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by GenevaB View Post

dorian yates performed this workout as upper,off,lower,off,upper,off,lower,off usually 3 days a week of training.the recommendations you are ignorantly giving ppl about doing upper or lower days back to back is very bad.

Regarding Dorian Yates upper body/lower body spilt. On his sets do you do straight sets or do you ramp up to one max set
    also saying to do lower then upper the next day was a bad suggestion.you shouldnt train biceps and triceps the day before chest back and shoulders.that should have been common logic for any lifter who spent 10 minutes reading about training in their lifetime.

dont listen to the bad advice of the original poster if he says otherwise.

ok hes done talking
    Regarding Dorian Yates upper body/lower body spilt. On his sets which is 3x8, do you do straight sets or do you ramp up to one max set?

Originally Posted by Bane11 View Post
    Regarding Dorian Yates upper body/lower body spilt. On his sets which is 3x8, do you do straight sets or do you ramp up to one max set?
    in the book i got this from (dorian yates:a warriors story) he says that these are straight sets, he only moved onto doing ramped HIT sets after he had done this routine for 2 years or so and moved onto another routine

coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Upper

Bench- 3x8
    Incline press- 3x8 (can be dumbells or barbell)
    Incline flyes- 2x8-10
    Chins or lat pulldowns- 3x8
    Barbell rows- 3x8
    Deadlift 3x8
    Shoulder press 3x8
    Side laterals 2x8
    Bent laterals (aka rear delt flyes) 2x8
    Crunches- 3 sets to failure
    Hanging leg raises- 3 sets to failure

Lower (+arms)

Squats- 4x8
    Hack squats- 3x8
    Leg curls- 3x8
    Standing calf raises- 3x8
    Barbell curls- 3x8
    One arm preacher curls- 2x8
    Tricep pushdowns- 3x8
    Lying tricep extensions- 2x8

I have been following a split just like this for years and it is fantastic.

torso

rest day

limbs

rest day

torso

rest day

limbs

rest day

repeat

lots of similarities
    "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. "By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."

Old Guy deadlifting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zMrim-0Dks
    bench press https://youtu.be/GaRzfueJVJQ

Every workout is GAME DAY!