Thread: Low selfesteem

definition1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) definition1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) definition1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) definition1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) definition1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) definition1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Low selfesteem

I have low self esteem..

I want to go to the gym and I do go, mainly to improve my body and so my self esteem. Because I don't feel good about the way my body looks.

I already have problems with depression/anxiety which I work very hard on. Going to the gym is one way of improving myself mentally and physically.

Still going to the gym sets me in a bad mood, because every time I'm confronted with how I'm looking and how others are.. this holds me back from doing a proper workout, sometimes I quit beforehand just because I get to down about the whole gym scene and leave..

I almost have a desperate need to gain muscle and get lean, the sooner the better, because seeing results will be the only thing that can motivate me to go on.

May be this is not the right forum to share this kind of stuff, but may be some people can relate to this?

Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I've struggled with my weight for a long time. I've lost over 65lbs, but I still have a long way to go and I'm still a little mad at myself for getting so fat in the first place. When I go to thy gym, I think about what I want to look like and imagine my muscles getting there with every rep.

It's not a fast process, but if you stick with it, you can achieve a lot

salmonman78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) salmonman78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) salmonman78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) salmonman78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) salmonman78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) salmonman78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) salmonman78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) salmonman78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) salmonman78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) salmonman78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) salmonman78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have had too many issues as well. The first month or so really sucked, felt so awkward trying to jog on the treadmill or while lifting. Being a big guy it just feels odd while so many others are around already in a great shape. Not to mention the women working out who are already in an incredible shape that you can't help but to always look at once in a bit. Plus it's my work's fitness center which is nicely equipped but ain't hardcore, but at $8 for an employee I can't argue.

But then one day maybe a couple months in one of those women was over by the weights and I was jamming out as I walked to a bench and as I set my towel down she came over to me. I automatically apologized for stealing her bench(like an awkward idiot) she just laughed and asked me how much I had lost? I talked to her for a minute and she told me I looked like I had made some great progress and to keep it up.

I have to say to you now, just don't give it up. You're there for a reason and if you stick to it then no matter how big you are/feel or awkward you will belong there just for the attitude and willpower you give off as you work.
    Trying to get back to my old self PLUS improve it.

Getting back onto this train and not getting derailed again!
    1-2-2012: 290 |

MeatFalafel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MeatFalafel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MeatFalafel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MeatFalafel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MeatFalafel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MeatFalafel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MeatFalafel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MeatFalafel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MeatFalafel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MeatFalafel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MeatFalafel has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Know that feel. I've suffered from terrible social anxiety in the past, and going to the gym used to be stressful. You just have to put yourself in a mindset of being there purely to train. Disregard everyone else and get your workout done to the best of your ability.
    "Today’s bodybuilders are carrying too much muscle for their frames, which distorts and obscures the natural lines of the body. Why these men would aspire to deform themselves at such tremendous sacrifice is incomprehensible."

-Steeve Reeves

Swrice06 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Swrice06 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Swrice06 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Swrice06 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Swrice06 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Swrice06 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Swrice06 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Swrice06 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Swrice06 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Swrice06 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Swrice06 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I feel you this was the way I was when I first started. I went to a bodybuilder hardcore gym in the beginning and all it did was make me even worse. I felt like those guys were staring at me and laughing "o look at that fat a**, doing everything wrong." Even through I doubt they were doing this its just how I felt. I wanted to get results fast, but when I was in there all I could think about was others in the gym judging me. The way I got over it was to really just focus on my music and get into what I call "the Steven Zone." It is just me in there no one else, I just picture myself looking the way I want to look and I go into attack mode trying to reach that goal. I have become very good at closing out everything else in the gym. That's what you gotta do, get mentally tough, I know it is hard but it will come. Just focus on yourself, get yourself some music that really gets you going. Turn all that frustration into fuel in the gym, use it, feed on it. Trust me you will have the best workout ever once you get there. Your not alone everyone has felt this way at some point. Good Luck, and keep your head up!
    Steven

"Blood, Sweat and Respect. First two you give. Last one you Earn!" - The Rock

www.NuLifeSupplements.com

Follow Me on My Journey- http://thenulifejourney.wordpress.com/