Brikkx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brikkx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brikkx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brikkx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brikkx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brikkx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brikkx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brikkx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brikkx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brikkx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brikkx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Building With Brikkx

First off, I've been lurking for a while (mainly misc, just for the lols) and finally decided to signup, so heya.

Anyway, I'm a sophomore in highschool and I run cross country and track (primarily 800/1600 in track). I've been a legitimate athlete since the the 7th grade, but have never lifted seriously. I signed up primarily to make this log, and through it, hopefully keep myself motivated and give anyone who needs it a push. My goals so far as lifting go aren't to become as aesthetic as possible, or to lift as heavy as possible, but to give myself more physical (and mental) strength for my running.

So, onto the guidelines for this log:
    • I'll be updating the log everyday
    • Each entry will detail my lifting, running, and supplemental (pushups, core, stretching, body-weight work) exercising.
    • I WILL NOT be logging what I eat, I'm simply going to be eating "clean," and eating as much as possible.
    • Each post will have a synopsis of how I felt throughout the day.
    • Each post will have a motivational quote, video, and picture.

To finish up, I'd really appreciate it if anyone reading this would follow this thread, give me feedback, and neg away if I get lax. Thanks.

Brikkx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brikkx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brikkx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brikkx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brikkx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brikkx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brikkx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brikkx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brikkx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brikkx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brikkx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

01/01/13

My Running: 45 minutes, easy, treadmill

My Lifting:
    • Squat: 5x5 @ 95LB (felt very easy, but I'm going light until I have the form down)
    • Bench Press: 5x5 @ 135LB
    • Barbell Rows: 5x5 @ 95LB
    Supplemental Work:
    • 15 minutes of light stretching
    • 150 pushups
    How I felt throughout the day: Overall, pretty good. Still feeling some residual affects from having the flu, but otherwise good. As of writing this my legs are VERY sore.

Motivation:
    "...Or we can blaze! Become legends in our own time, strike fear in the heart of mediocre talent everywhere! We can scald dogs, put records out of reach! Make the stands gasp as we blow into an unearthly kick from three hundred yards out! We can become God's own messengers delivering the dreaded scrolls! We can race dark Satan himself till he wheezes fiery cinders down the back straightaway....They'll speak our names in hushed tones, 'those guys are animals' they'll say! We can lay it on the line, bust a gut, show them a clean pair of heels. We can sprint the turn on a spring breeze and feel the winter leave our feet! We can, by God, let our demons loose and just wail on!" -John L. Parker Jr., Once A Runner

Regrettably, I can't link pictures or videos yet. Will start that aspect of the log ASAP.

The picture that I wanted to post really hits home with me, so here's the message that it carries (not the text of the image, but the idea that is conveyed by the image):

So many people take their ability to run, their ability to lift, their ability to simply move, for granted. That ability can be lost at any moment, so while you can, do. Run. Lift. If you don't make the most of your abilities, then not only do you insult those who literally can't do what you can, but you insult yourself.

01/02/13

My Running: 6 miles, medium pace, through town (13 degrees fahrenheit and some roads were quite bad).

My Lifting:
    • Squat: 5x5 @ 95LB (felt very easy, but I'm going light until I have the form down)
    • Overhead Press: 5x5 @ 75LB
    • Deadlift: 5x5 @ 95LB

Supplemental Work:
    • 10 minutes of light stretching
    • 10 minutes of calisthenic work
    • 100 pushups

How I felt throughout the day: Feeling good except for my legs, they are totally shot.

Motivation:
    "If I dare to dream, dare to be wanted, dare to be appreciated - one day I will be." -Unknown

Regrettably, I can't link pictures or videos yet. Will start that aspect of the log ASAP.

geneswest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) geneswest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) geneswest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) geneswest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) geneswest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) geneswest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) geneswest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) geneswest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) geneswest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) geneswest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) geneswest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Good luck man, I will be checking into this log frequently.. Looking forward to seeing your progress! Drop by my log if you have the chance brah
    Elite Powerlifter

740kg @ 81.45kg [1631@179]
    760kg @ 94.20kg [1675@207] - 2hr weigh-in

IG: @briancookpl

Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149793363&p=982377313

Best Lifts in Comp: 656/391/689 = 1736# / [787.5kg]

PM for Online Coaching enquiries

Strength Over Physique natedabomb09's Avatar
    natedabomb09 is on a distinguished road. (+10) natedabomb09 is on a distinguished road. (+10) natedabomb09 is on a distinguished road. (+10) natedabomb09 is on a distinguished road. (+10) natedabomb09 is on a distinguished road. (+10) natedabomb09 is on a distinguished road. (+10) natedabomb09 is on a distinguished road. (+10) natedabomb09 is on a distinguished road. (+10) natedabomb09 is on a distinguished road. (+10) natedabomb09 is on a distinguished road. (+10) natedabomb09 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    In. Enjoyed the title. Good luck!
    Where were you at 6AM?

Current/Goal for August 2013

Bench: 205/245 (Dec 2012)

Squat: 400/450 (Dec 2012)

DL: 405/435 (Jan 2013)

01/03/13

My Running:
    • 1 mile warmup
    • 7 467m hill runs at ~80seconds per 400m pace, with 14meters of elevation from start to finish
    • 1 mile cooldown

My Lifting:
    • Squat: 3x5 @ 95LB (only 3 sets due to resting my legs a bit)
    • Bench Press: 5x5 @ 115LB
    Supplemental Work:
    • 200 pushups
    • 100 crunches
    • 35 situps
    • 45 obliques each side
    • 50 side-crunches each side
    • 8 6-inches at 25secs up, 5 secs down
    • 35 6-inch crunches
    How I felt throughout the day: Overall, pretty good. LEGS ARE GONE!

Motivation:
    "To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift."-Steve Prefontaine

01/04/13

My Running: 7 miles, medium pace

My Lifting:
    Supplemental Work:
    • 10 minutes core cycle (2x core exercise followed by corresponding plank position)
    • 120 pushups
    How I felt throughout the day: Feelin' good, feelin' good!

Motivation:
    "If you are going through hell, keep going."-Winston Churchill

Last edited by Brikkx; 01-06-2013 at 09:50 AM.

01/05/13

I took today off; no running, no lifting. I stretched for 20 minutes and did 50 pushups.

Motivation:“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”-Winston Churchill

01/06/13

My Running: 8 miles, medium-hard pace

My Lifting:
    Supplemental Work:
    How I felt throughout the day: The day's still young, but I'm done with my both my running and lifting, so, up to this point, I've felt good. Legs are fatigued, but that's expected.

Motivation:
    "You are the embodiment of the information you choose to accept and act upon. To change your circumstances you need to change your thinking and subsequent actions."-Adlin Sinclair

01/07/13

My Running: 6.5 miles, easy

My Lifting:My first meet is this coming saturday, and it's one of my team's only chances to qualify for national's in the DMR, and so I'll not be lifting this week so as to be as fresh as possible.

Supplemental Work:
    • 120 pushups
    • light core work
    • Hurdle drills

How I felt throughout the day: Today was good. I felt tired, but nothing physically was sore/fatigued.

Motivation:
    "Ability is what you are capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it."-Lou Holtz

Vechs is just really nice. (+1000) Vechs is just really nice. (+1000) Vechs is just really nice. (+1000) Vechs is just really nice. (+1000) Vechs is just really nice. (+1000) Vechs is just really nice. (+1000) Vechs is just really nice. (+1000) Vechs is just really nice. (+1000) Vechs is just really nice. (+1000) Vechs is just really nice. (+1000) Vechs is just really nice. (+1000)
    I like the layout of this log, have to sub! Good luck in the meet, how do you think you'll do?
    Weak Lifts

Originally Posted by Vechs View Post
    I like the layout of this log, have to sub! Good luck in the meet, how do you think you'll do?
    I'm not sure to be honest...I haven't ran much in the past 1.5 months due to at first patellar tendonitis, and then the flu...However I've been solid for about two weeks, and was in great shape before my tendonitis. I'm running the 4x8 and the DMR this saturday...the DMR is the only event we're stacking. We have a 54ish guy running the 400 leg, then a 1:53 guy running the 800, I'm running the 1200 (never ran it before, but I'm a 2:00 800 guy and 4:30 in the 1600), then our anchoring 1600 leg runs 4:30 as well. We should take first in the DMR at the meet, I can only hope we qualify for nationals.

Also, thanks for the sub!

01/08/13

My Running:
    • 1.5 mile warmup
    • Threshold run around the track (400m) for 20 minutes, goal is to get as many laps as possible. I don't know how many, I'll ask my coach and update tomorrow, however it should be 12-14 based on my target pace.
    • 1 mile cooldown

My Lifting:My first meet is this coming saturday, and it's one of my team's only chances to qualify for national's in the DMR, and so I'll not be lifting this week so as to be as fresh as possible.

Supplemental Work:

How I felt throughout the day: Felt great today. The workout was hellish, but hey, that's what let's you know you're doing it right.

Motivation:
    "Ask yourself, can I give more? The answer is usually Yes."-Paul Tergat

01/09/13

My Running: 4 miles, easy

Supplemental Work:
    • 10 minutes light stretching
    • 10 minutes calisthenic work
    • Hurdle drills
    • 100 pushups
    • 60 crunches
    • 30 full crunches
    • 30 v-ups
    • 30 half-ups
    • 30 ab-rowers
    • 25 side-crunches each side

How I felt throughout the day: My legs were pretty sore, but I felt fresh and rested for the most part.

Motivation:
    "Your body will argue that there is no justifiable reason to continue. Your only recourse is to call on your spirit, which fortunately functions independently of logic."-Tim Noakes

RearDeltoids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RearDeltoids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RearDeltoids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RearDeltoids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RearDeltoids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RearDeltoids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RearDeltoids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RearDeltoids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RearDeltoids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RearDeltoids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RearDeltoids is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    do u blaze

Originally Posted by RearDeltoids View Post
    do u blaze
    Strong post. Yes and no.

So, for some reason I've been in some kind of semi-depression for the past few weeks, no idea why, and my motivation has been at about 0%...That's no excuse though, so, to be honest, I'd say I've been a pretty big pussy for the past few weeks (I can't believe it either, just started this log, but whatever, f*ck me). However, tomorrow's a new day. So I'll be back at it then, leggo.
    Last edited by Brikkx; 01-28-2013 at 06:57 PM.

01/29/13

My Running:
    • 1 mile warmup
    • 5x1200m in a range of 4:05-4:15

My Lifting:
    • Squat: 5x5 @ 95LB
    • Bench Press: 5x5 @ 135LB

Supplemental Work:10 minutes of stretching

How I felt throughout the day: Feelin' good.

Motivation:
    "The mind always fail first, not the body. The secret is to make your mind work for you, not against you."-Arnold Schwarzenegger

natedabomb09 is on a distinguished road. (+10) natedabomb09 is on a distinguished road. (+10) natedabomb09 is on a distinguished road. (+10) natedabomb09 is on a distinguished road. (+10) natedabomb09 is on a distinguished road. (+10) natedabomb09 is on a distinguished road. (+10) natedabomb09 is on a distinguished road. (+10) natedabomb09 is on a distinguished road. (+10) natedabomb09 is on a distinguished road. (+10) natedabomb09 is on a distinguished road. (+10) natedabomb09 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Been a while since I dropped in... Wow, you have an impressive mile time! I ran the mile and 800 in 7th and 8th grade, and my PR's were only 5:30 and 2:20ish. Granted, I was also a 175 pound lineman. Anyways, keep up the good work!
    Where were you at 6AM?

Originally Posted by natedabomb09 View Post
    Been a while since I dropped in... Wow, you have an impressive mile time! I ran the mile and 800 in 7th and 8th grade, and my PR's were only 5:30 and 2:20ish. Granted, I was also a 175 pound lineman. Anyways, keep up the good work!
    Thanks a lot for the input, man. And thanks also for the compliment, and to be fair, those times at 175LBs is pretty solid.

I hope you check back in.

Vechs is just really nice. (+1000) Vechs is just really nice. (+1000) Vechs is just really nice. (+1000) Vechs is just really nice. (+1000) Vechs is just really nice. (+1000) Vechs is just really nice. (+1000) Vechs is just really nice. (+1000) Vechs is just really nice. (+1000) Vechs is just really nice. (+1000) Vechs is just really nice. (+1000) Vechs is just really nice. (+1000)
    Havent posted in a while, but for your motivation needs : http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=151443093

Originally Posted by Vechs View Post
    Havent posted in a while, but for your motivation needs : http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=151443093
    Thanks a lot, man....measly reps!

01/30/13

My Running:9 mile run, moderate pace (7:30/mile average).

My Lifting:None today...I've decided that since I'm new to lifting, and in combination with my intense running (and all the pushups,etc I do for that), I'm going to be taking every other day off.

Supplemental Work:15 minutes of stretching

How I felt throughout the day:I got to sleep a bit late lastnight, so I'm slightly tired. My arms are semi-sore, and my Achilles is tight as hell and on the last mile of my run it started hurting quite a bit.

Motivation:
    "I hated every minute of training, but I said, don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life a champion."-Muhammad Ali

01/31/13

My Running:20 minutes at 10mph

My Lifting:Squat: 5x5 @ 95LB
    Overhead Press: 5x5 @ 75LB
    Deadlift: 3x5 @ 115LB

Supplemental Work:10 minutes of stretching

How I felt throughout the day:Feelin' good besides the Achilles; that's killing.

Motivation:
    "People of mediocre ability sometimes achieve outstanding success because they don't know when to quit. Most men succeed because they are determined to."-George Allen

02/01/13

My Running:3 miles easy

My Lifting:none

Supplemental Work:
    • 15 minutes of stretching
    • 15 minutes dynamic drills

How I felt throughout the day:Still feeling good besides the Achilles.

Motivation:
    "Pain is nothing compared to what it feels like to quit."-Seen on a marathon spectator sign

[QUOTE=Brikkx;1019418233]

Just found my new desktop background. Now I don't mean this in any negative way, but why are your lifts so low? Do you lift after you run?
    Where were you at 6AM?