hattz19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hattz19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hattz19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hattz19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hattz19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hattz19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hattz19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hattz19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hattz19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hattz19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hattz19 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

What do these nutritional terms mean??

Hi all,

I came back from the grocery store last Thursday after training, headed to the grocery store afterward, and decided to treat myself. I got two filet mignon steaks for $16, but figured I wanted a nice, juicy protein source to reward myself for hard workouts.

I got home, weighed out my steaks, and when I went to enter that info onto MyFitnessPal, a ****storm began. I found a MILLION results for beef tenderloin, filet mignon, etc. etc. Anyway, I decided to go with the generic "filet mignon, raw" option... but was wondering what terms like "1/8 fat," "lean and fat," and "lean only" meant.

I also posted a pic of a part of one of my meals tonight... 6.7 ounces of beautiful filet!!
    Based on that pic, what type of info would that steak fall under?

Reps for best answers.
    Attached Images
    November 2010- 226 lbs.
    July 2011- 159 lbs.

Former 200+ pound crew

What's my motivation? The kid that told me I'd grow up and be fat, the kid who told me my stomach was getting smaller when I was becoming healthy, the person that told me I couldn't, the person that told me I could, those who support me, and those who don't. I don't have one source of motivation, it's endless for me, but in the end... it's for me.

The real apocalypse: New Year's Crowd 2013

Come at me, bro! foodandfitness's Avatar
    foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by hattz19 View Post
    Hi all,

I came back from the grocery store last Thursday after training, headed to the grocery store afterward, and decided to treat myself. I got two filet mignon steaks for $16, but figured I wanted a nice, juicy protein source to reward myself for hard workouts.

I got home, weighed out my steaks, and when I went to enter that info onto MyFitnessPal, a ****storm began. I found a MILLION results for beef tenderloin, filet mignon, etc. etc. Anyway, I decided to go with the generic "filet mignon, raw" option... but was wondering what terms like "1/8 fat," "lean and fat," and "lean only" meant.

I also posted a pic of a part of one of my meals tonight... 6.7 ounces of beautiful filet!!
    Based on that pic, what type of info would that steak fall under?

Reps for best answers.
    The terms are entered in by the users, so the name isn't going to mean a specific thing for every entry.

Your files look very lean to me. Pick an option that represents a leaner cut of beef as opposed to a fatty cut. It's all estimations anyways.

rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    it's whether or not the fat has been trimmed off, the steak you bought has..so it would be lean only
    Realize that anyone with an affiliation to a supplement company in their signature has ulterior motives when making recommendations. They're primarily concerned with pushing their products. Not your safety or what's best for you.

hattz19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hattz19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hattz19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hattz19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hattz19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hattz19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hattz19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hattz19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hattz19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hattz19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hattz19 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by foodandfitness View Post
    The terms are entered in by the users, so the name isn't going to mean a specific thing for every entry.

Your files look very lean to me. Pick an option that represents a leaner cut of beef as opposed to a fatty cut. It's all estimations anyways.
    Alright, great, thanks. Repped.
    November 2010- 226 lbs.
    July 2011- 159 lbs.

Former 200+ pound crew

What's my motivation? The kid that told me I'd grow up and be fat, the kid who told me my stomach was getting smaller when I was becoming healthy, the person that told me I couldn't, the person that told me I could, those who support me, and those who don't. I don't have one source of motivation, it's endless for me, but in the end... it's for me.

Yeah, that's what I'm actually using now as a result. Thanks a lot, repped.
    November 2010- 226 lbs.
    July 2011- 159 lbs.

Former 200+ pound crew

Originally Posted by Rodzilla View Post
    it's whether or not the fat has been trimmed off, the steak you bought has..so it would be lean only
    Yeah, that's what I figured. Thanks, repped for the wheels!!
    November 2010- 226 lbs.
    July 2011- 159 lbs.

Former 200+ pound crew

xbayrockx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xbayrockx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xbayrockx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xbayrockx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xbayrockx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xbayrockx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xbayrockx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xbayrockx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xbayrockx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xbayrockx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xbayrockx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Is this eaten raw?