Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by deadwoodgregg View Post
    http://www.brunswick.com/company/wor...ufacturing.php I think Hammer Strength, which is part of LifeFitness, which is owned by Brunswick Corp., is only manufactured in four locations. None of which seem to be in China. However, I am not saying that there are no Chinese components used. I believe what the OP is pricing are definately Hammer Strength "Knock-offs".
    Yep. That is what I have been saying.
    I sell home and commercial fitness equipment, so if you have questions on equipment PM me and I will help.

“When the light comes down, and the earth shakes with the footsteps of a thousand battalions, when the air sings with the sound of clashing shields, and the ground is wet with the blood of men, that is when I am most alive. That is when my life is taken to the edge of the point, that is when I am invincible until the moment of death”

-Unknown Spartan Hoplite, 461 B.C.-

69Boss429 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 69Boss429 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 69Boss429 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 69Boss429 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 69Boss429 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 69Boss429 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 69Boss429 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 69Boss429 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 69Boss429 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Red face

Originally Posted by kelt_22 View Post
    It is not real HS though, if you have not figured that out by now. Like I said go USED to save money.
    Since you are a LF/HS dealer, do you know where HS equipment is currently made? Many American fitness equipment companies have gone the China trade route to improve profits. HS equipment use to be made in Falmouth, KY if I'm not mistaken. What changes has Brunswick made to LF/HS since acquiring? I'm sure they've made changes to improve profitability of a company they bought.

I still think the risk is acceptable, not much on fitness equipment I can't service my self.
    The Bible warns us not to follow men [Jeremiah 17:5, Psalm 118:8],
    but to test what all leaders teach with scripture [1 John 4:1-2; Acts 17:11; 1 Thessalonians 5:21; 2 Timothy 3:16-17].

xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by 69Boss429 View Post
    Since you are a LF/HS dealer, do you know where HS equipment is currently made? Many American fitness equipment companies have gone the China trade route to improve profits. HS equipment use to be made in Falmouth, KY if I'm not mistaken. What changes has Brunswick made to LF/HS since acquiring? I'm sure they've made changes to improve profitability of a company they bought.

I still think the risk is acceptable, not much on fitness equipment I can't service my self.
    you can look if you want:
    http://www.brunswick.com/company/wor...ufacturing.php
    ()---() York Barbell Club #37 ()---()

morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Kelt, I'm was just teasing about Wally World... but a lot of muscle was built with cheap Cap plates from Wally World. Nice detective work, deadwoodgregg! Just the cost of shipping (owasM's calculation) would be almost the price of a Rogue R3.
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #32 []---[] ()---() York Barbell Club #43 ()---() ▉---▉ Equipment Crew #50 ▉---▉

kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by morebarbell View Post
    Kelt, I'm was just teasing about Wally World... but a lot of muscle was built with cheap Cap plates from Wally World. Nice detective work, deadwoodgregg! Just the cost of shipping (owasM's calculation) would be almost the price of a Rogue R3.
    LOL, I know. This whole thread would have been so much more simple if OP just stated he found a China Clone HS. To think a company would be ok with it is just silly. this is the country that uses lead paint in toys and the lowest grade everything. If OP thinks these are even close to the same quality have at it! This is the same as buying a "I swear, Genuine Rolex" out of a guys trunk
    I sell home and commercial fitness equipment, so if you have questions on equipment PM me and I will help.

“When the light comes down, and the earth shakes with the footsteps of a thousand battalions, when the air sings with the sound of clashing shields, and the ground is wet with the blood of men, that is when I am most alive. That is when my life is taken to the edge of the point, that is when I am invincible until the moment of death”

Yes, as I stated then two other people even provided links too, they are 100% USA MADE. Brunswick and Hammer/Life fitness are both based within about 45min of me. Brunswick is pretty smart and leaves the details to the companies they acquire. Also, the Buyout happened like 15+ years ago and the company is only like 24yrs old total. It is not like it is a new thing that just happened and shook them up.

I do think it is worth noting that "made IN China" and "Made BY China" are not the same. when companies still have control and active roles in the Factories it is of a lot higher grade then the knock off crap China is becoming known for. At least with some of my brands they OWN the Factories and run the QC.

69Boss429 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 69Boss429 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 69Boss429 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 69Boss429 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 69Boss429 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 69Boss429 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 69Boss429 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 69Boss429 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 69Boss429 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by kelt_22 View Post
    Yes, as I stated then two other people even provided links too, they are 100% USA MADE. Brunswick and Hammer/Life fitness are both based within about 45min of me. Brunswick is pretty smart and leaves the details to the companies they acquire. Also, the Buyout happened like 15+ years ago and the company is only like 24yrs old total. It is not like it is a new thing that just happened and shook them up.
    I didn't imply that the acquisition was recent and I didn't see links until just a few minutes ago, the links were posted as i was replying. What happened to the Parabody brand that Brunswick acquired? Brunswick could still have major components made in China, then shipped and assembled here in the states. Most companies don't maintain the same business model after being bought out. Even Cybex has gone thru major changes throughout the years.
    but to test what all leaders teach with scripture [1 John 4:1-2; Acts 17:11; 1 Thessalonians 5:21; 2 Timothy 3:16-17].

I didn't imply that the acquisition was recent and I didn't see links until just a few minutes ago, the links were posted as i was replying. What happened to the Parabody brand that Brunswick acquired? Brunswick could still have major components made in China, then shipped and assembled here in the states. Most companies don't maintain the same business model after being bought out. Even Cybex has gone thru major changes throughout the years.
    Parabody is gone. has been for a while now. Not even sure why it was bought in the first place. good stuff too and 100% USA made

Hammer is built here. I am sure some steel could come from China but it is not like Cars and "assembled" here only. As a seller you used to be able to tour the Factories. My Techs still do for training

Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    http://www.brunswick.com/company/wor...ufacturing.php I think Hammer Strength, which is part of LifeFitness, which is owned by Brunswick Corp., is only manufactured in four locations. None of which seem to be in China. However, I am not saying that there are no Chinese components used. I believe what the OP is pricing are definately Hammer Strength "Knock-offs".......The page on the link provided is dated 2013 at the bottom, apparently making these the only current manufacturing plants. I don't know which of the four produce Hammer Strength equipment.
    Deadwood,

Correct. And if I remember correctly HS is manufactured in Kentucky. Some of the best pricing is GSA. Here are some of the following prices to compare with what the OP gave:

HD Elite 8' Power Rack (HDEPR8): $1,798
    HD Elite 8' Half Rack (HDEHR8): $1,410
    Multi Adj. Bench (FWMAB): $660
    HD Combo Rack/ DAP (HDECR-DAP) $2,821

These are obviously much more than what the OP quoted on the Chinese Knock offs. And none of those prices I gave include delivery.

Otaway copies HS

I contacted Otaway Fitness again and directly asked them if they were outsourced by Life Fitness to manufacture for them or if they copy LF/HS equipment.

I was suprised by his frank and honest answer that they copy. They also sent me about 20 pictures of the equipment in their assembly plant. I have to post these for everyone to see. What is the post limit for me to be able to post pictures?

Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Cybex manufacturers their strength equipment in Owatonna, Minnesota. Their treadmills and other cardio equipment is manufacturered in Medway, Massachusetts. Cybex buys their steel direct from U.S. steel mills. The raw steel enters at one end of the factory. The finished product will leave out of the other end of their facility.

Fortunately, there are some fine equipment manufacturers still located and making most of their products in the U.S.A. Precor is in Greensboro, NC. UCS manufacturers all their strength equipment in Lincolnton, NC. Muscle Driver (Pendlay) manufacturers much of their stuff in Fort Mill, SC. In fact, they are moving into a much larger building this month (just around the corner from their old facility near Carowinds). Rogue, Power-Lift, Williams Strength to name a few others make most of their stuff right here in the U.S.
    Last edited by Skyaura; 01-02-2013 at 08:07 PM.

Originally Posted by Skyaura View Post
    Cybex manufacturers their strength equipment in Owatonna, Minnesota. Their treadmills and other cardio equipment is manufacturered in Medway, Massachusetts. Cybex buys their steel direct from U.S. steel mills. The raw steel enters at one end of the factory. The finished product will leave out of the other end of their facility.

Fortunately, there are some fine equipment manufacturers still located and making most of their products in the U.S.A. Precor is in Greensboro, NC. UCS manufacturers all their strength equipment in Lincolnton, NC. Muscle Driver (Pendlay) manufacturers much of their stuff in Fort Mill, SC. In fact, they are moving into a much larger building this month (just around the corner from their old facility near Carowinds). Rogue, Power-Lift, Williams Strength to name a few others make their stuff right here in the U.S.
    Nice to know we can still find made in America.

deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Legend is US made but do use some components (guide rods, some hardware, etc.) from China.............OP if you go onto Youtube and search that Chinese company you will find a few unfavorable videos on the quality of said machines.
    Last edited by deadwoodgregg; 01-02-2013 at 07:38 PM.

jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000)
    The pendlay/muscle driver bumpers are made in china. BTW, can we get a list or thread regarding all the equipment manufacturers that make stuff in the US (though this is an international board)?

Location: Birmingham, Westmidlands, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    owasM is just really nice. (+1000) owasM is just really nice. (+1000) owasM is just really nice. (+1000) owasM is just really nice. (+1000) owasM is just really nice. (+1000) owasM is just really nice. (+1000) owasM is just really nice. (+1000) owasM is just really nice. (+1000) owasM is just really nice. (+1000) owasM is just really nice. (+1000) owasM is just really nice. (+1000)
    Legend is US made but do use some components (guide rods, some hardware, etc.) from China.............OP if you go onto Youtube and search that Chinese company you will find a few unfavorable videos on the quality of said machines.
    just watched the youtube vids, those machines are horrible.
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #4 -!!!---!!!-

Originally Posted by jackbravo View Post
    The pendlay/muscle driver bumpers are made in china. BTW, can we get a list or thread regarding all the equipment manufacturers that make stuff in the US (though this is an international board)?
    Jackbravo,

I did say most. Obviously, with few exceptions, bumpers are made in China. It is just to cost prohibitive at this point to produce a high quality bumper in the U.S. Good question on the U.S. manufacturers.

Nautilus moved it's production from China and Taiwan back to Virginia within the past couple of years. Iron Grip makes all their Iron Grip plates, dumbbells and attachments here in the U.S. Legend, which was mentioned is manufactured in TN. Tuff Stuff makes their high end commercial stuff here in the U.S. Ivanko makes their Urethane line of plates and dumbbells as well as most of their bars in the U.S. GPI makes their high end bars here in the U.S. Their dumbbells use high strength U.S. steel handles, but they use a high grade urethane that is imported from Germany for their dumbells and Olympic plates. Just some off the top of my head.

deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Pendlay elite and their Rogue counterparts are nice bumpers so not everything made in China is crap.

jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Pendlay elite and their Rogue counterparts are nice bumpers so not everything made in China is crap.
    yep....have only heard great things about them. ivanko is made in china, and is obviously high brow.

Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000)
    ...not everything made in China is crap.
    I agree. Here is a video about shipping container manufacturing in Shanghai, China. Pretty impressive operation.

CIMC
    China International Marine Containers (Group) Co., Ltd is a Chinese company principally engaged in the manufacture and sale of transportation equipment, such as containers, road transport vehicles and airport ground-handling equipment.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/China_I...ine_Containers
    Last edited by Jetigen; 01-02-2013 at 09:34 PM.

Absolutely. I have the Pendlay's and they are very good. A lot of stuff comes out of China and as you state, not all of it is crap. Much depends on the quality control. Certainly, Ivanko, MDUSA, Rogue, to name a few, will maintain that quality control. And while they may get some of their products from China, it typically is of good quality because they are not trying to low ball the Chinese company producing the product. They still demand good quality, pay for that quality from the Chinese and it shows in the product they deliver.

qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Google maps shows less than 50 cars in the parking lot of the Hammer Strength factory in Kentucky.

Obviously a highly automated plant.

morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I think both Hi-Temp bumpers and the ones they make for Rogue are a few of those exceptions that are made in the USA.

Originally Posted by Skyaura View Post
    Jackbravo,

I did say most. Obviously, with few exceptions, bumpers are made in China. It is just to cost prohibitive at this point to produce a high quality bumper in the U.S. Good question on the U.S. manufacturers.

Nautilus moved it's production from China and Taiwan back to Virginia within the past couple of years. Iron Grip makes all their Iron Grip plates, dumbbells and attachments here in the U.S. Legend, which was mentioned is manufactured in TN. Tuff Stuff makes their high end commercial stuff here in the U.S. Ivanko makes their Urethane line of plates and dumbbells as well as most of their bars in the U.S. GPI makes their high end bars here in the U.S. Their dumbbells use high strength U.S. steel handles, but they use a high grade urethane that is imported from Germany for their dumbells and Olympic plates. Just some off the top of my head.
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #32 []---[] ()---() York Barbell Club #43 ()---() ▉---▉ Equipment Crew #50 ▉---▉

Not 100%

I think we would be hard pressed to find a fitness equipment manufacturer that produces 100% of their product line in the US.

When my post count is high enough I will post pictures of Otaway's less than impressive manufacturing facility. Unless someone wants me to email them the pics so they can post the pics them self.

I have been in equipment sales for almos 9 yrs. I have had this Convo with a lot of my reps and even with owners of a few companies. When you are competing with people making stuff in China, you lose. Most people have no clue there is even a difference between A Golds gym, Keys Fitness and EFS rack. They do not get that a $800 tread is garbage compared to a $2k tread. a lot is made here still but it is only the high end. Most make their commercial equipment here and and High end home. MY Life fitness Platinum Clubs at 5-8k are made here. Precors 9.3 treads are made in Woodbury, WA as are the Commercial and 5.3 Ellipticals but everything else is Chinese. True's are made in Missouri and Landice is made here too. It is like weight plates. Most people like Ivankos or VTX troy and realize they are more accurate etc but they go buy some Caps from Walmart. Companies Like Parabody held firm to high grade and :made in the USA" for home grade and got smoked by the Bodysolids and Powertechs. You get out of home equipment all together or you go to China

Landice is open about stating 98% of their treadmill parts are American made. At least it's mostly American.

Ivanko is a Chinese made product, so isn't it hypocritcal to say one's only going to buy American but promote something that's not.

CAP is great! Where else can you get a brand new 300# Olympic weight set with 7' bar for $169?
    Last edited by 69Boss429; 01-03-2013 at 04:37 PM.

qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I think we would be hard pressed to find a fitness equipment manufacturer that produces 100% of their product line in the US.

When my post count is high enough I will post pictures of Otaway's less than impressive manufacturing facility. Unless someone wants me to email them the pics so they can post the pics them self.
    i private messaged you my email address.

Originally Posted by qaz123 View Post
    i private messaged you my email address.
    Pics sent... post them for us when you get time..

you sent me lots of pics dude may not get them all up.

looks like the assembly room here no real surprise since it is a factory.

the pivot points on this machine look pretty woeful though.
    Attached Images

daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

CAP is great!