Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    chopbrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) chopbrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) chopbrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) chopbrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) chopbrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) chopbrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) chopbrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) chopbrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) chopbrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) chopbrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) chopbrah is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Army Recruiter insisting me to lie at MEPS ... wat do

I have 2 speeding tickets and a civil violation (less than a misdemeanor, no arrest). I wasn't finger printed for any of these violations so none of them showed up on the background check that my recruiter did. So he just told me to go to MEPS and tell them I have never gotten a ticket in my life ever.

That doesn't sound too bad, but they will be doing Top Secret investigation on me immediately upon enlistment and Im sure they will find out about my tickets. Even I can go online and search my last name and my court records will show up.

Little more info:

All tickets were under $200
    Never handcuffed, no arrest, no fingerprinting, sitting in the back of a police car, etc.
    Civil Violation was for selling tobacco to a minor. No arrest here either.
    All tickets paid on time.

wat do misc? Im supposed to go to MEPS tomorrow

EDIT: My recruiter is a TSC holder himself so he should know the risks involved. Im thinking maybe he is a very good (and shameless) liar putting me in a position where my TSC and entire career could be destroyed. Or maybe he's just trying to manipulate the system and trying to help me enlist

Polaris has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Polaris has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Polaris has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Polaris has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Polaris has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Polaris has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Polaris has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Polaris has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Polaris has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Polaris has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Polaris has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    In all honesty, you will probably be perfectly fine if you dont say shyt, but its up to you.

CutRipped is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CutRipped is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CutRipped is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CutRipped is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CutRipped is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CutRipped is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CutRipped is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CutRipped is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CutRipped is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CutRipped is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CutRipped is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    What MOS?
    Live <> LAUGH <> Love

Misc Firearms Crew

Registered User MenaceToSociety's Avatar
    MenaceToSociety is just really nice. (+1000) MenaceToSociety is just really nice. (+1000) MenaceToSociety is just really nice. (+1000) MenaceToSociety is just really nice. (+1000) MenaceToSociety is just really nice. (+1000) MenaceToSociety is just really nice. (+1000) MenaceToSociety is just really nice. (+1000) MenaceToSociety is just really nice. (+1000) MenaceToSociety is just really nice. (+1000) MenaceToSociety is just really nice. (+1000) MenaceToSociety is just really nice. (+1000)
    I wouldnt lie, Pretty sure its a felony and i wouldnt risk it. Army recruiter told me i couldnt enlist either because i had a misdeameanor from when i was 13 years old, I was never finger printed or taken in to a jail.

sucks brah
    "Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment."

"Life is what you make of it"

500+

Kahldris is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kahldris is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kahldris is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kahldris is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kahldris is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kahldris is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kahldris is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kahldris is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kahldris is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kahldris is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kahldris is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Inb4 OP is sent to prison

Eskimo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Eskimo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Eskimo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Eskimo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Eskimo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Eskimo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Eskimo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Eskimo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Eskimo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Eskimo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Eskimo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Although I went to MEPS in 05 I dont remember the part where they asked about my driving record....just saiyan op.

Hell people joined without even having a license.

As far as the TS might want to wait for another military brah to chime in that has one and give you advice on that....I am sure they could see it so not sure how to go about that.

chopbrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) chopbrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) chopbrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) chopbrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) chopbrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) chopbrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) chopbrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) chopbrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) chopbrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) chopbrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) chopbrah is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I know there are a lot of military brahs here who could probably help me make a sensible decision. What would go wrong if I just tell MEPS that I have speeding tickets? Those tickets are definitely not disqualifying factors. Maybe it would suffice if I just take with me an online printout of my paid tickets?

AgRyan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AgRyan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AgRyan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AgRyan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AgRyan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AgRyan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AgRyan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AgRyan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AgRyan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AgRyan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AgRyan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    He's trying to get you to lie so he has to fill out less paper work (srs). Tell the truth, the tickets will be more paperwork for everyone - even you - and be a pain and make you wait a little longer, but it's better than getting denied your TS or having to wait even longer.
    "If in my say 80 years on earth I do more help than damage, then I feel complete."

"I feel grateful every day I wake up, I know I’m already on borrowed time"

-Snailsrus aka Lauren Kelly RIP

rnaco is a name known to all. (+5000) rnaco is a name known to all. (+5000) rnaco is a name known to all. (+5000) rnaco is a name known to all. (+5000) rnaco is a name known to all. (+5000) rnaco is a name known to all. (+5000) rnaco is a name known to all. (+5000) rnaco is a name known to all. (+5000) rnaco is a name known to all. (+5000) rnaco is a name known to all. (+5000) rnaco is a name known to all. (+5000)
    MOS?

Lying at MEPS is common procedure especially for medical reasons.

Also a TSC requires time to complete, I doubt if it will be ready by the time you even graduate basic.

If you fail your TSC they will probably throw you into a grunt unit LOL

TigerBulk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TigerBulk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TigerBulk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TigerBulk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TigerBulk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TigerBulk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TigerBulk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TigerBulk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TigerBulk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TigerBulk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TigerBulk is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    IMO don't lie brah. Never compromise your integrity
    brb eating...

Originally Posted by Kahldris View Post
    Inb4 OP is sent to prison
    fuuuuuuuuuu

Daimean has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Daimean has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Daimean has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Daimean has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Daimean has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Daimean has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Daimean has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Daimean has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Daimean has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Daimean has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Daimean has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    You might as well be honest if you're trying to get a top secret clearance since they will find out everything that happened in your past anyways and you could be charged for lying.
    Oh and when you're at MEPS they're going to ask you about 10x or so if you're lying and try to scare you into telling the truth lol.
    Edit:Oh and what mos?

1212man1212 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1212man1212 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1212man1212 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1212man1212 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1212man1212 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1212man1212 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1212man1212 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1212man1212 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1212man1212 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1212man1212 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1212man1212 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    pay them, you will sooner or later.
    or risk it by not saying **** and be haunted by anxiety and black mailing

AlexLifts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexLifts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexLifts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexLifts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexLifts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexLifts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexLifts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexLifts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexLifts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexLifts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexLifts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by MenaceToSociety View Post
    I wouldnt lie, Pretty sure its a felony and i wouldnt risk it. Army recruiter told me i couldnt enlist either because i had a misdeameanor from when i was 13 years old, I was never finger printed or taken in to a jail.

sucks brah
    They lied to you brah,There are service members in the Army that have gone to jail. the Army will take anyone.Ask for waivers.
    ✰ MISC RUNNING CREW ✰
    GOLF OVER GYM CREW.

Eskimo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Eskimo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Eskimo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Eskimo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Eskimo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Eskimo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Eskimo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Eskimo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Eskimo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Eskimo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Eskimo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by rnaco View Post
    MOS?

Also a TSC requires time to complete, I doubt if it will be ready by the time you even graduate basic.

this, not sure how old you are OP...but you'd be surprised at the crap they pull up in those, remember a couple older guys getting their TS and being asked about **** from 30 years ago and they had no idea wtf the interviewer was talking about.

Kahldris is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kahldris is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kahldris is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kahldris is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kahldris is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kahldris is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kahldris is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kahldris is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kahldris is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kahldris is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kahldris is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by chopbrah View Post
    fuuuuuuuuuu
    In all seriousness I have no idea, listen to the brahs who know more about what you're talking about.

grobblepot is just really nice. (+1000) grobblepot is just really nice. (+1000) grobblepot is just really nice. (+1000) grobblepot is just really nice. (+1000) grobblepot is just really nice. (+1000) grobblepot is just really nice. (+1000) grobblepot is just really nice. (+1000) grobblepot is just really nice. (+1000) grobblepot is just really nice. (+1000) grobblepot is just really nice. (+1000) grobblepot is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by chopbrah View Post
    I have 2 speeding tickets and a civil violation (less than a misdemeanor, no arrest). I wasn't finger printed for any of these violations so none of them showed up on the background check that my recruiter did. So he just told me to go to MEPS and tell them I have never gotten a ticket in my life ever.

That doesn't sound too bad, but they will be doing Top Secret investigation on me immediately upon enlistment and Im sure they will find out about my tickets. Even I can go online and search my last name and my court records will show up.

Little more info:

All tickets were under $200
    Never handcuffed, no arrest, no fingerprinting, sitting in the back of a police car, etc.
    Civil Violation was for selling tobacco to a minor. No arrest here either.
    All tickets paid on time.

wat do misc? Im supposed to go to MEPS tomorrow

EDIT: My recruiter is a TSC holder himself so he should know the risks involved. Im thinking maybe he is a very good (and shameless) liar putting me in a position where my TSC and entire career could be destroyed. Or maybe he's just trying to manipulate the system and trying to help me enlist
    To tell the truth or not is entirely up to you. It all comes down to whether you can bring yourself to lie, and if having a career built on those lies is worth it. Would it weigh upon you?

also, are those minor violations considered really bad in your career?

sirjonnymontag will become famous soon enough. (+50) sirjonnymontag will become famous soon enough. (+50) sirjonnymontag will become famous soon enough. (+50) sirjonnymontag will become famous soon enough. (+50) sirjonnymontag will become famous soon enough. (+50) sirjonnymontag will become famous soon enough. (+50) sirjonnymontag will become famous soon enough. (+50) sirjonnymontag will become famous soon enough. (+50) sirjonnymontag will become famous soon enough. (+50) sirjonnymontag will become famous soon enough. (+50) sirjonnymontag will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Recruiter only wants to make his numbers. You will get fired if they find out later.
    Don't lie
    Serious

Originally Posted by rnaco View Post
    MOS?

I haven't signed, so I don't know my MOS yet. I am joining through a special program since I am a foreigner in the US. My MOS will most likely be either 15T or 68W and even though they do not require SC/TSC, they will be doing SSIB TSC level investigation on me since I am foreign. Just he investigation will happen, no TSC will be granted. In the end, what matters is.... would it be worth lying? Isn't it almost certain that TSC level investigation will definitely pull out my driving record?

Polaris has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Polaris has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Polaris has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Polaris has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Polaris has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Polaris has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Polaris has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Polaris has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Polaris has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Polaris has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Polaris has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Well of course at MEPS and at Boot Camp (well at least in the Navy they have that "Moment of Truth" not sure about other branches) where they try to scare the hell out of you with the threats of "Fraudulent Enlistment". Apparently based on your edit you are going for Top Secret though? In that case it could perhaps be a bit risky, but Im no expert in what all the Single Scope background checks involve. If what you said is true, I dont think they will find it though unless they are interviewing friends and family and they choose to NARC on you or something.

Im not a Top Secret holder, so I take what I say with somewhat a grain of salt. Based on what I do know though, I think you would still probably be okay if you didnt say anything about those incidents.

rnaco is a name known to all. (+5000) rnaco is a name known to all. (+5000) rnaco is a name known to all. (+5000) rnaco is a name known to all. (+5000) rnaco is a name known to all. (+5000) rnaco is a name known to all. (+5000) rnaco is a name known to all. (+5000) rnaco is a name known to all. (+5000) rnaco is a name known to all. (+5000) rnaco is a name known to all. (+5000) rnaco is a name known to all. (+5000)
    OP's MOS: Delta Force

Austanian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Austanian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Austanian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Austanian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Austanian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Austanian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Austanian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Austanian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Austanian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Austanian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Austanian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    You posted this online... You are trying for a TS clearance. You now have no choice, but to tell the truth.
    Finance Degree - USAF INTEL - IIFYM - Injured Crew - KTM XCW300 - Single Track Trail Rider - NRA Supporter - Shunned from MFC - Libertarian - Pragmatist
    B: 345, S 375, D 445
    Trying to get your ideal outcome often leads to the passing up of practical alternatives that deny your adversaries theirs.

█▄▄ ███ █▄▄ █▄█▄█ █▄█ ▀█▀ brsrkdb8er's Avatar
    brsrkdb8er is just really nice. (+1000) brsrkdb8er is just really nice. (+1000) brsrkdb8er is just really nice. (+1000) brsrkdb8er is just really nice. (+1000) brsrkdb8er is just really nice. (+1000) brsrkdb8er is just really nice. (+1000) brsrkdb8er is just really nice. (+1000) brsrkdb8er is just really nice. (+1000) brsrkdb8er is just really nice. (+1000) brsrkdb8er is just really nice. (+1000) brsrkdb8er is just really nice. (+1000)
    wait what?? if you have a criminal record, no felonies obviously, you cannot enlist in the armed forces?!
    ☠☠
    ++ Positive Crew ++
    Trance Crew
    ASOT-TATW-Club Life

biggestmuff is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) biggestmuff is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) biggestmuff is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) biggestmuff is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) biggestmuff is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) biggestmuff is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) biggestmuff is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) biggestmuff is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) biggestmuff is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) biggestmuff is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) biggestmuff is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    If you're going for a TS, then be truthful and, more importantly, stay consistent with the truth.

jjcooney has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jjcooney has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jjcooney has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jjcooney has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jjcooney has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jjcooney has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jjcooney has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jjcooney has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jjcooney has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jjcooney has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jjcooney has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Thats weird, ive been arrested for worse than that, no felonies though and I cant find **** about myself online

I would just be honest it puts you at a disadvantage otherwise

now if it were something like a job interview id lie my ass off

Registered User MenaceToSociety's Avatar
    MenaceToSociety is just really nice. (+1000) MenaceToSociety is just really nice. (+1000) MenaceToSociety is just really nice. (+1000) MenaceToSociety is just really nice. (+1000) MenaceToSociety is just really nice. (+1000) MenaceToSociety is just really nice. (+1000) MenaceToSociety is just really nice. (+1000) MenaceToSociety is just really nice. (+1000) MenaceToSociety is just really nice. (+1000) MenaceToSociety is just really nice. (+1000) MenaceToSociety is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by AlexLifts View Post
    They lied to you brah,There are service members in the Army that have gone to jail. the Army will take anyone.Ask for waivers.
    Its a cannabis misdemeanor, Recruiter told me the Army wasnt taking anyone with a drug charge at the time i went. But that was March of 2012 so thing could have changed i guess.
    "Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment."

"Life is what you make of it"

500+

SeniorPouch will become famous soon enough. (+50) SeniorPouch will become famous soon enough. (+50) SeniorPouch will become famous soon enough. (+50) SeniorPouch will become famous soon enough. (+50) SeniorPouch will become famous soon enough. (+50) SeniorPouch will become famous soon enough. (+50) SeniorPouch will become famous soon enough. (+50) SeniorPouch will become famous soon enough. (+50) SeniorPouch will become famous soon enough. (+50) SeniorPouch will become famous soon enough. (+50) SeniorPouch will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    OP if I see you around an Army installation I will plant drugs on you and call CID.

Originally Posted by SeniorPouch View Post
    OP if I see you around an Army installation I will plant drugs on you and call CID.
    lold

Originally Posted by SeniorPouch View Post
    gtfo mayne.
    srs thread is srs.

theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I lied about meds, had to take anti depressants when I was 12/13 (never actually took em), didn't even tell my recruiter that. If it's just tickets you'll be fine. The background isn't that thorough, you're not joining the CIA.
    ★☆★ Full-Time Philadelphia Eagles Fan ★☆★

100% 中國人

USMC Infantry