Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by paolo59 View Post
    LOL Madison sounds a lot like Austin, Texas! I've never seen so many 50 year old plus hippies in my life. Cowboy boots and pony tails! Grey ones!!! Ha ha
    Originally Posted by HairyScandinavian View Post
    Don't forget the black "Keep Austin Weird" t-shirt.
    Down here we call the Austinites 'Little Kalifornia'.
    I like to ride my horses and shoot my guns

Registered User HairyScandinavian's Avatar
    HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by so-tex View Post
    Down here we call the Austinites 'Little Kalifornia'.
    We just cut to the chase and call them fruitcakes.

so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by HairyScandinavian View Post
    We just cut to the chase and call them fruitcakes.
    I saw my 1st hippie in Austin. I was just a kid then, back in the late 60's. It scared the sh!t out of me because I thought he was the 2nd coming of Jesus.
    I like to ride my horses and shoot my guns

discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by eomrat View Post
    Farmers make more money by producing more food.

Or,....... they can make more money by producing less food but charging much much more for it.

Go to a market that sells so-called organic food. It is extremely expensive. There is a great deal of money to be made by labeling your food "organic". I am pretty confident that is what motivates most organic farmers.

While you are in the "organic" market count how many working type families you see. Count how many Black or Hispanics you see.

Most blacks and hispanics in the area where I work do not get to eat much produce, period. They are at the mercy of the local bodega/convenience store in walking distance of their homes. Mostly over-processed, pre-packaged "convenience" foods; mostly by the huge "food" companies that support GMO.

My department (well, not "my" but the one that employs me, lol) is working with local farmers---some certified organic, some not---to donate their fresh surplus for free to low income families in the Asbury Park/Neptune area. We are requiring anyone accepting this free food to take veggie cooking lessons. Also, 11 vacant lots in the neighborhood are now being used to grow fresh (organic!) vegetables. We have over 25 families (black and hispanic) that have put in applications for plots and we will begin planting this spring. Most informed people, given the choice, want their food as pristine as possible.

I am extremely excited and proud of this. Thinking globally, but acting locally.
    Sheriff John Brown always hated me
    For what I don't know
    Every time I plant a seed
    He said kill them before they grow

stealpulse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stealpulse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stealpulse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stealpulse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stealpulse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stealpulse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stealpulse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stealpulse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stealpulse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stealpulse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stealpulse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I thought the Irish were the authorities on potatoes? This could just be a poorly aimed jab at chap #2, who is quite possibly Scottish or Welsh.

Either way, I say neigh.
    Thick. Solid. Tight.

DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I may look like Santa Claus.....but I'm feeling like Elvis...........