kisstlz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cool Is this typical?

I just started (two weeks ago) the Jamie Eason 12 week LiveFit Trainer. I stepped on the scale Monday and I was down 2 pounds and excited but when I weighed on my normal weigh day Wednesday I was up 2.8 pounds. Is this typical when going from a sedentary life to a training program like this?

Any comments or suggestions are very welcome and appreciated!

Thank you in advance!

csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'd say it isn't uncommon if you just started exercising. If two weeks from now you aren't headed in the right direction it might be time to look at your diet.

phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    What time of the day it is. What time of the day it was last time you weighed in. What you have had to eat. What you have had to drink. and lots more all play a part in what your weight is.
    Pick a time and stick to that time. I weigh in every monday morning first thing after I get up and after I go to the bathroom. Every week its the same to be as consistent as possible. Week to week you will see different movement. Overall you want a downward trend. One week you may not budge and the next week you may drop 3lbs. If you do not see any change in 2-3 weeks time then readjust calories (reduce intake by about 10%) then continue at the new level for 2-3 weeks and reassess again as needed.

It takes time. Be patient, keep your nutrition in line and work out hard and you will get there.
    Only a life lived for others, is a life worthwhile.

Thank you for your responses. I feel amazing and I see changes happening to my body so I know I need to pull the tape measure out and just check my measurements and I am sure I will see it there. It is just very discouraging to work so hard and and be so excited to see victory on the scale and then see a gain! I will see where I am in a two more days and then if nothing is moving in another week start checking my diet out. Thank you again for the ease of mind.

koatliki is just really nice. (+1000) koatliki is just really nice. (+1000) koatliki is just really nice. (+1000) koatliki is just really nice. (+1000) koatliki is just really nice. (+1000) koatliki is just really nice. (+1000) koatliki is just really nice. (+1000) koatliki is just really nice. (+1000) koatliki is just really nice. (+1000) koatliki is just really nice. (+1000) koatliki is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by kisstlz View Post
    Thank you for your responses. I feel amazing and I see changes happening to my body so I know I need to pull the tape measure out and just check my measurements and I am sure I will see it there. It is just very discouraging to work so hard and and be so excited to see victory on the scale and then see a gain! I will see where I am in a two more days and then if nothing is moving in another week start checking my diet out. Thank you again for the ease of mind.
    It depends on when you measured your weight: obviously after a meal you will be heavier especially if you drank a lot of liquids. As csb said if in two weeks you're not heading in the right direction you will have to start eating less. As you work out more and weigh yourself more you will become more in touch with your body. I can almost predict my weight at every given day after a meal, night of drinking, workout, etc.

Originally Posted by koatliki View Post
    It depends on when you measured your weight: obviously after a meal you will be heavier especially if you drank a lot of liquids. As csb said if in two weeks you're not heading in the right direction you will have to start eating less. As you work out more and weigh yourself more you will become more in touch with your body. I can almost predict my weight at every given day after a meal, night of drinking, workout, etc.
    Thank you! I can use all the guidance possible. I have so much of the rest of it down but the actual doing it part is the toughest and when this happened there was a big difference. I had weighed once in the morning with nothing in my body and then the day I gained I was in the early evening and after eating and drinking all day so I can see where I shouldn't have gotten so discouraged so quickly, I just wanted to see instant gratification on the scale that showed the same things I was feeling!