Thread: Teen Diet

Orpheous has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Teen Diet

So I read an article about teen diet. I am 125 lbs and decided to follow a diet to get some weight before cutting for the summer(that's how it's done right?).
    I used to frequent to 4chan's /fit/ for advice but I realized they're trolling 90% of the time on everything, even when helping someone out so I'll switch my site of preference. I got this diet for a 150 lbs teen

Meal 1 (Pre-Workout)

1 Scoop Whey Protein (Protein)
    1 Cup Oatmeal (Carbs)
    4 tsp Peanut Butter (Fat)

Meal 2 (Post-Workout)

4 oz. Chicken (Protein)
    1 1/3 Cup Rice (Carbs)
    20 Almonds (Fat)

Meal 3

2 Whole Eggs (Protein + Fat)
    1/2 Cup Eggs Whites
    2 Slices Whole Wheat Bread

Meal 4

1 Scoop Whey Protein (Protein)
    3/4 Cup Blueberries
    1.5 Cups Broccoli
    4 tsp Peanut Butter

Meal 5

4 oz. Lean Beef
    2/3 Cups Rice
    2 tsp Olive Oil

Meal 6

1 Cup Cottage Cheese
    3/4 Cup Strawberries
    1.5 Cups Green Beans
    20 Almonds

I don't understand if I should eat the same stuff everyday. Also I don't lift right after I wake up so should I start from meal 3-6 and add the pre and post workout before and after my workout throughout the day? Soemone suggested me to double the quantity on all meals and do a ABABABA for each day A meaning 1-3 meals and B 4-6.

This is what I should take each day to maintain;

502 protein calories
    564 fat calories
    815 carb calories

If the diet above is for a 150 lbs teen to maintain, it should make a perfect bulking diet for me right?

beginnerLifter2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beginnerLifter2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beginnerLifter2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    firstly, it doesn't matter when you eat.. just as long as you get your calories in. and just because it's a maintenance diet for someone who's 150lbs doesn't mean the same for you. you need to work out your own unique tdee and work out your bulking calories from there. this can all be done quite easily online.

DeepSquat95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeepSquat95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeepSquat95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeepSquat95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeepSquat95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeepSquat95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeepSquat95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeepSquat95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeepSquat95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeepSquat95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeepSquat95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i could eat all that in 1 meal
    Squat 110kg x 6

Originally Posted by beginnerLifter2 View Post
    firstly, it doesn't matter when you eat.. just as long as you get your calories in. and just because it's a maintenance diet for someone who's 150lbs doesn't mean the same for you. you need to work out your own unique tdee and work out your bulking calories from there. this can all be done quite easily online.
    What do you suggest? It's my first diet. How should I make a proper bulking diet?
    Originally Posted by DeepSquat95 View Post
    i could eat all that in 1 meal
    So I should add more? I'm only 125 lbs.

McrA is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) McrA is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) McrA is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) McrA is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) McrA is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) McrA is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) McrA is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) McrA is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) McrA is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) McrA is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) McrA is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    a 125lb teen will never need 500grams of protein a day.. your body can't even process anywhere near that!

MaCK123 is just really nice. (+1000) MaCK123 is just really nice. (+1000) MaCK123 is just really nice. (+1000) MaCK123 is just really nice. (+1000) MaCK123 is just really nice. (+1000) MaCK123 is just really nice. (+1000) MaCK123 is just really nice. (+1000) MaCK123 is just really nice. (+1000) MaCK123 is just really nice. (+1000) MaCK123 is just really nice. (+1000) MaCK123 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by McrA View Post
    a 125lb teen will never need 500grams of protein a day.. your body can't even process anywhere near that!
    He means 502 calories from protein.

502* 4 = ~125g protein. which is all he needs.
    Bodybuilding Log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151283943

GandalfThePimp has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GandalfThePimp has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GandalfThePimp has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GandalfThePimp has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GandalfThePimp has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GandalfThePimp has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GandalfThePimp has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Read the stickies and work your diet around calories / macro's of your lifestyle.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...1703981&page=1

I still don't have a good view on things. The diets all websites have are to "stay healthy" and not gain mass. Also I don't know what foods are good. What should I do?

Jayke21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jayke21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jayke21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jayke21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jayke21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jayke21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jayke21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jayke21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jayke21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jayke21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jayke21 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by orpheous View Post
    i still don't have a good view on things. The diets all websites have are to "stay healthy" and not gain mass. Also i don't know what foods are good. What should i do?
    read

the

stickies
    2013 Goals - mm lift more eat more

Originally Posted by Jayke21 View Post
    read

the

stickies
    I did. They say i shouldnt be worried about macros and micros intakes at this age, but my gains are stalling so it's time to worry about them.

If I follow the diet in the first post will I gain lbs?