picheakasha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Fat Loss Help ? Best Advice + What Program?

Hello,

I'm 19 years old , 5'8 , and 134 pounds currently and I have a few questions.

First off , I will be honest since I am looking for the best help. In my earlier days , I struggled with an eating disorder which left me at 110 pounds , 5'8. However , it's been quite some time now and I have been recovered for 4 years. I am ready to get strong and up my fitness game now since I am in my healthiest mind set . It's my goal to complete , share my story , and blast all those old stupid diet restriction rules out of the water with just simple old clean eating , moderation , and exercise.

I love eating chicken breast , tuna , mustard , mangos , strawberries, pasta sauce , sweet potatoe fries, salad , source yogurt , vegetables , miracle noodles, beef , corn , white potatoes , sugar free jello , oatmeal , and smoothies .

And I'm just looking for a beginner program which will help me lower my body fat % , boost my confidence in the gym , and have me feeling like I am on top of the world . Now , the gym confidence - I am an extremely shy person ! Getting to the gym has always start my nerves raging and I haven't yet set foot in the weight room because I am nervous and uneducated in the world of lifting . I have read a few books however like New Rules of Lifting for Women and I know how important protein is as well. I understand marcos and the science behind calories BUT I know hardly anything about walking into a lifting room and tearing the scene up or what program to start with .

Please help!

Fitness Anarchist SerpentHearted's Avatar
    SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    OP this is a business forum and not correct place to ask training & nutrition advice HOWEVER "relapse avoidance" is my area of interest so if you're looking to HIRE a coach for a fair price hit my inbox.

RamsdenF is just really nice. (+1000) RamsdenF is just really nice. (+1000) RamsdenF is just really nice. (+1000) RamsdenF is just really nice. (+1000) RamsdenF is just really nice. (+1000) RamsdenF is just really nice. (+1000) RamsdenF is just really nice. (+1000) RamsdenF is just really nice. (+1000) RamsdenF is just really nice. (+1000) RamsdenF is just really nice. (+1000) RamsdenF is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by picheakasha View Post
    And I'm just looking for a beginner program which will help me lower my body fat % , boost my confidence in the gym , and have me feeling like I am on top of the world . Now , the gym confidence - I am an extremely shy person ! Getting to the gym has always start my nerves raging and I haven't yet set foot in the weight room because I am nervous and uneducated in the world of lifting . I have read a few books however like New Rules of Lifting for Women and I know how important protein is as well. I understand marcos and the science behind calories BUT I know hardly anything about walking into a lifting room and tearing the scene up or what program to start with .

Please help!
    Well first off congratulations on getting to the point where you are serious about your fitness and health goals.

I would advise you to find a GOOD, EDUCATED, and QUALIFIED trainer in your area. Since you are new to the gym and weightlifting, a virtual or online coach will do you no good. You are going to want to have somebody physically with you, who can coach you up on form and ensure you are properly performing each exercise. Here's a little cheat sheet when hiring your personal trainer.

1)Education - Possesses at least a 4 year degree. Has to be in the field as well, not just a random Bachelor of Science. Look for Exercise Science(Wellness) or Kinesiology.

2) Certified Personal Trainer through either a)ACSM b)NASM or c)NSCA

3) Experience. You don't want a brand new trainer fresh out of school. Even just a couple years under his or her belt is a plus.

WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Like others have said, this isn't a place where trainers give out free programs. However, this whole site is a great resource and if you explore enough you will find dozens of programs and tons of nutrition advice.

If you have already read the New Rules of Lifting it is a great place to start with their program that' right in the book as well. Good luck with everything moving forward.

Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by picheakasha View Post
    Hello,

I'm 19 years old , 5'8 , and 134 pounds currently and I have a few questions.

First off , I will be honest since I am looking for the best help. In my earlier days , I struggled with an eating disorder which left me at 110 pounds , 5'8. However , it's been quite some time now and I have been recovered for 4 years. I am ready to get strong and up my fitness game now since I am in my healthiest mind set . It's my goal to complete , share my story , and blast all those old stupid diet restriction rules out of the water with just simple old clean eating , moderation , and exercise.

I love eating chicken breast , tuna , mustard , mangos , strawberries, pasta sauce , sweet potatoe fries, salad , source yogurt , vegetables , miracle noodles, beef , corn , white potatoes , sugar free jello , oatmeal , and smoothies .

Please help!
    Forget the gym. You don't need the bullsh*t competition component of the other hot chicks in there. You also don't need to be dealing with the horndogs trying to get your digits. Although it's been four years, you still have that 'DNA' where you can revert back to the physiological effects that eating disorders derive from. You're still very young and you don't want to put yourself in an arena that triggers those self doubt feelings again.

Try a PX90 or similar home fitness program and get in shape at home.
    To succeed at doing what you love, you often must do many things you hate.

health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by RamsdenF View Post

1)Education - Possesses at least a 4 year degree. Has to be in the field as well, not just a random Bachelor of Science. Look for Exercise Science(Wellness) or Kinesiology.

2) Certified Personal Trainer through either a)ACSM b)NASM or c)NSCA

3) Experience. You don't want a brand new trainer fresh out of school. Even just a couple years under his or her belt is a plus.
    I agree that education is a good thing, and having a 4 year degree would be more preferable than not having one. However, degrees and education don't always dictate someone's level of knowledge in the field. Yes it shows dedication, but it doesn't always mean that they are going to be a more better trainer versus someone who has a 2 year degree for example. The same holds true with certifications. If you study enough anyone can get a certification. It's what you do with that certification that counts.

Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by health4life24 View Post
    I agree that education is a good thing, and having a 4 year degree would be more preferable than not having one. However, degrees and education don't always dictate someone's level of knowledge in the field. Yes it shows dedication, but it doesn't always mean that they are going to be a more better trainer versus someone who has a 2 year degree for example. The same holds true with certifications. If you study enough anyone can get a certification. It's what you do with that certification that counts.
    I would add that you have to also be conscience of the 'system'. Whether or not you are smarter with a four year degree over someone with just a certificate isn't always the issue. People want high credentialed people representing their company. Think of it this way, if you owned a big gym somewhere and you wanted to expand. To do so you needed a loan from a bank or an investor. When you hand over your business plan and infrastructural data, it's going to go better for you if the people who have the money to lend see college degreed staff members over non-collegial staff members.

It's why business people buy Mercedes, Audi and BMW. It isn't because they can do more in a BMW than they could in a Honda, it's the societal system that we live in.

health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I see what you are saying. That's kind of what I was leading towards when I said that having a four year degree is more preferable than not having one, mainly because it does look better, and may open up more opportunities.

Originally Posted by health4life24 View Post
    I see what you are saying. That's kind of what I was leading towards when I said that having a four year degree is more preferable than not having one, mainly because it does look better, and may open up more opportunities.
    You're right on both accounts because I have meant people with a college degree who didn't come across as bright as their degree would lead you to believe. Then there are others with no formal education that just seem bright.