Snip3rl0c has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Ectomorph. 6.2, weigh 135 pounds age 19

Hey Guys,

Been browsing the forums every few months for a while now but this is my first thread.

I'm tired of it. I can't stand people saying I look like a Twig/stick anymore and that I need to put weight on. I'm fully aware that I need to put weight on.

Im asking for advice on what to eat and stories of people just like me who have changed their fitness and body.

I try to eat as much as I can but I just get full really quickly, Im 19 im 135 pounds 6.1 im in the USMC

I dont know where to begin but my current goal is 160-170 pounds in the next 6months.Please let me know if this is possible

Money is not a problem for me but that dosent mean i want to waste it and would know what i should purchase.

SQ76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SQ76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SQ76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SQ76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SQ76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SQ76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SQ76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SQ76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SQ76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SQ76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SQ76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Snip3rl0c View Post
    Hey Guys,

Been browsing the forums every few months for a while now but this is my first thread.

I'm tired of it. I can't stand people saying I look like a Twig/stick anymore and that I need to put weight on. I'm fully aware that I need to put weight on.

Im asking for advice on what to eat and stories of people just like me who have changed their fitness and body.

I try to eat as much as I can but I just get full really quickly, Im 19 im 135 pounds 6.1 im in the USMC

I dont know where to begin but my current goal is 160-170 pounds in the next 6months.Please let me know if this is possible

Money is not a problem for me but that dosent mean i want to waste it and would know what i should purchase.
    You're definitely under weight... so congrats on taking the first step to make a difference.

It's hard to give any advice without more information about what your current diet is like and what your activity level is... do you lift weights at all?

Originally Posted by SQ76 View Post
    You're definitely under weight... so congrats on taking the first step to make a difference.

It's hard to give any advice without more information about what your current diet is like and what your activity level is... do you lift weights at all?
    Thanks i really want to gain some weight, i felt like i ate alot but when i really looked at it i ate far less then i thought,only eat when im hungry sometimes even skipping meals ,i don't lift but i plan on it ASAP starting once i set a routine after gathering all the info i can.

dt329 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey Guys,

Hey,

I'm in a pretty similar position to you - 6'2 and currently 147 pounds. Started trying to bulk up 2 months ago, when I weighed 130 (!), so I've managed to gain 17 pounds in that time and am hoping to continue at a similar rate. Going on that, I reckon your target of 160-170 is certainly achievable.

It's definitely in the eating. I never thought I would be able to put on weight, but it was just a matter of perseverance and learning to keep eating even when I really didn't feel like it - and steadily throughout the day. To give you an idea of how much, I aim for 4200 calories a day with gym 3 times a week, which seems to be working pretty well, but it might well be different for you, of course.

Hope that helps...

davidg1212 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) davidg1212 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) davidg1212 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) davidg1212 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) davidg1212 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) davidg1212 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) davidg1212 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) davidg1212 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) davidg1212 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) davidg1212 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you have a hard time eating all your food, try putting stuff in the blender and drink some extra calories made from some healthy whole foods like bananas and peanut butter. Just make sure you keep track because you can easily consume waaaay too much if you turn drinking calories into a habit.

Add peanut butter to everything for some quick boosts.

Originally Posted by dt329 View Post
    Hey,

I'm in a pretty similar position to you - 6'2 and currently 147 pounds. Started trying to bulk up 2 months ago, when I weighed 130 (!), so I've managed to gain 17 pounds in that time and am hoping to continue at a similar rate. Going on that, I reckon your target of 160-170 is certainly achievable.

It's definitely in the eating. I never thought I would be able to put on weight, but it was just a matter of perseverance and learning to keep eating even when I really didn't feel like it - and steadily throughout the day. To give you an idea of how much, I aim for 4200 calories a day with gym 3 times a week, which seems to be working pretty well, but it might well be different for you, of course.

Hope that helps...
    Thanks i was planning on hitting the gym mon wed fri 3 days a week same as you can you give me an idea as of what to eat, what are your currently eating and is there something your using to keep track of the calories?

Swaffield has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Swaffield has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Swaffield has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Swaffield has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Swaffield has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Swaffield has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Swaffield has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Swaffield has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Swaffield has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Swaffield has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Swaffield has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    You will find the basics of nutrition in stickies here under the nutrition section, should have everything you need. Sorry can't post a link I dont have enough posts yet.

Registered User upliftalldotcom's Avatar
    upliftalldotcom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    if you're not lactose intolerant, you might want to try out GOMAD (gallon of milk a day). you're guaranteed to gain 20-30lbs in a month. further details about gomad can be found by simply googling "gomad"

Registered User thatswhatshesed's Avatar
    thatswhatshesed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thatswhatshesed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thatswhatshesed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thatswhatshesed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thatswhatshesed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thatswhatshesed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thatswhatshesed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thatswhatshesed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thatswhatshesed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thatswhatshesed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thatswhatshesed is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Get on the program "starting Strength".
    Track your eating on myfitnesspal.
    Make this part of your life any you will get results.
    Certified GIF reactionist

++Positive Crew++

Reps back

tim8956 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tim8956 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tim8956 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tim8956 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tim8956 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tim8956 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tim8956 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tim8956 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tim8956 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tim8956 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tim8956 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by thatswhatshesed View Post
    Get on the program "starting Strength".
    Track your eating on myfitnesspal.
    Make this part of your life any you will get results.
    What this guy said. Best bulking foods: whole milk, nuts, peanut butter, fast food(unhealthy but works lol)

Bl33s will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bl33s will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bl33s will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bl33s will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bl33s will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bl33s will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bl33s will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bl33s will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bl33s will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bl33s will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bl33s will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by upliftalldotcom View Post
    if you're not lactose intolerant, you might want to try out GOMAD (gallon of milk a day). you're guaranteed to gain 20-30lbs in a month. further details about gomad can be found by simply googling "gomad"
    Yeah... 28 lbs of fat and 2 lbs of muscle.

I've found that the best way to see results, regardless of workout plan, is to manage your diet. Bodybuilders spend more time in the kitchen than in the gym to be honest...

MicCheck12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MicCheck12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MicCheck12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MicCheck12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MicCheck12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MicCheck12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MicCheck12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MicCheck12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MicCheck12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MicCheck12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MicCheck12 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Def possible, I started at 146 and in 4 months I was 170. Now I'm a shade under 180. Just take things slowly, step by step, know your body and educate yourself about weightlifting
    "You can't last two minutes in my world bitch" Mike Tyson

dt329 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks i was planning on hitting the gym mon wed fri 3 days a week same as you can you give me an idea as of what to eat, what are your currently eating and is there something your using to keep track of the calories?
    I use caloriecount to keep track of calory intake, but that was just the first one I found and there are plenty of others as mentioned on the thread. In terms of the food I'm eating, it's stuff like omelettes, cheese, bananas, rice, pasta, meat in general plus assorted junk food (not a great deal but it's easy calories). And then drinking lots of milk/protein shakes to supplement that.

leroylavey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leroylavey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leroylavey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leroylavey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leroylavey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leroylavey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leroylavey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leroylavey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leroylavey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leroylavey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leroylavey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Hey Snip3rl0c,

Don't wait until you get all the information. There are too many variables to consider. Just start. Even if you have to go in blind. I've been working out for three years. The first year I didn't know anything about nutrition, timing nutrition, supplements, training variables, periodization, rep ranges, isolation, etc. The first step is to break in the habit of going to the gym. After it becomes a habit then you throw in another piece of knowledge. Only seek knowledge that is relevant to your situation.

The reason why you have to workout is to create protein synthesis. Also you have to consider how you want to gain weight. You can take a progressive approach and gain quality weight or you can slap on 10lbs easily but it's not quality weight. When it comes to nutrition you need to be eating more calories than you burn so you can gain weight. There's also a nutrition protocol called "IIFYM" stands for if it fits your macro. Look into it.

If your ectomorphic you should have a high metabolism. If you want to boost it workout legs or some minor cardio they tend to increase your appetite for some reason I can't explain scientifically yet.

When it comes to working out keep your rep ranges low 3-6 ideally.

I have a nutrition protocol I've came across but never had a chance to start due to the shopping list. It's suppose to allow you to gain 10lbs in one month. If your interested private message me about it and I'll send it to you.

Hope that helps.
    "Your body is the mirror of your mind"

www.MuscleInTheMaking.com