Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    CBexyGirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CBexyGirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CBexyGirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CBexyGirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CBexyGirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CBexyGirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CBexyGirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CBexyGirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CBexyGirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CBexyGirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CBexyGirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up The Best Advice

The best advice in this post in my oppinion is to get a notebook and write everything down.
    I am new to bodybuilding and still in the process of building up my "knowledge bank".
    I found before that I was learning so much that I was getting confused and the things wrote down on bits of paper werent helping.
    I took the advice of getting a notebook and am writing everything I read that I find usefull down in the notebook into different sections so that I have a self made guide and reference book for when I am getting stuck.
    It goes everywhere with me now..

Thanks for this post.

Mvtrs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mvtrs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mvtrs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mvtrs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mvtrs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mvtrs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mvtrs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mvtrs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mvtrs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mvtrs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mvtrs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm pretty happy I read this before I posted any thing.

I'm pretty stoke to start strength training but I'm always confused on certain things.

My dilemma I am facing is: My squat form is/I think is off (I tried squatting with a long bar with it weight itself and I noticed some upper arm left pain. I widened my grip, still there. I followed Omarsulf (??) squat form video, then I got confused with rotating hips to open up + other things that I am now discouraged BUT not giving up the fight) So for now I'm going to use body weight.

Getting it through my skull that is all on me to research/exhaust myself with information and applying them. For nutrition, I am utterly lost.

Goals: Lose weight. Build strength. Better physique all around. Learn everything that I need to know.

I'm prepared for any setbacks I may face. I'm not giving up the fight. Three years since I've had my son and I need to do something about it. I'm more driven for my mental health. I have a gym membership. Intimidation sets in when I meet other peoples eye and then mentally i feel like they are laughing at me and wondering why I'm in the weight section or that I need to be there.

Current activity: Running 4 laps (1 mile) around the track.

Personal: Working at night. School in the morning. It's up to me to make the time.

Physical: I'm 5'7/ 200lbs/ body fat % unknown..

BextaLee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi ladies, I'm sorry if I've come into the wrong forum but I couldn't find one to ask for advice on my eating issues.
    I have gotten into a bad routine of exercising (gym twice a day with a 20 min run in the morning before breakfast) and restricting my food especially on sweet/confectionaries throughout the day then after having a healthy dinner (whole grain rice, fish and vegetables) I binge on pastrys, icecream, bsicuits etc until I feel sick. This happens about every 3 days and I then restrict and exercise it off but this has been happening for almost over a year now and I'm really worried it's taking a toll on my body. I want to get toned and gain muscle but I keep binging and doing lots of cardio to make up for it. I know this is a stupid cycle to be in but it's become such a habit I can't even get out of it.
    Any advice is much appreciated, I am going to get councilling for this but in the mean time - battling it on my own.
    P.S respect to all the ladies that are lifting weights and eating sensibly. I hope one day I can be like you

Leia360 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Leia360 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Leia360 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Leia360 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Leia360 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Leia360 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great info! Thanks.

skinnyph4t has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) skinnyph4t has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) skinnyph4t has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) skinnyph4t has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) skinnyph4t has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) skinnyph4t has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) skinnyph4t has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) skinnyph4t has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) skinnyph4t has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) skinnyph4t has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) skinnyph4t has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hello!

I am new to the forum (a boyfriend of mine did post here in 2005, but he's probably gone by now) and looking for some pointers or at least a nod in the direction I need to go.

Since high school I have remained relatively active, but now I am 28 years old and I think it's going to take a bit more to keep things up - if you know what i'm sayin'. I am naturally small (5'1" and 102), too, which makes this even harder for me.

I want to especially focus on my lower body - building thigh/calf/and glutes - while ever so slightly defining my upper body. I am already pretty happy with that. I have a gym membership and am looking for a base of exercises from which to build up. I am unsure of how to calculate the number of calories/amount of food I will need to supplement my goals. I don't want to overeat and I don't want to get dizzy and pass out during a workout, either.

And I learned the other day I absolutely need to work on my core; I just hate situps so much. There has to be something else! I'm pretty overwhelmed by this site so far so sorry if my post is all over the place.

Bye!

edit: how does one measure body fat? i haven't had that done since elementary school when our gym teacher pinched us with little plier-looking things.

scabrera29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What an awesome post! Thanks for sharing
    “We all have great inner power.
    The power is self-faith.
    There's really an attitude to winning.
    You have to see yourself winning before you win.
    And you have to be hungry.
    You have to want to conquer.”
    ---Arnold

Like my fitness page: www.********.com/fitconfidenthappy
    Follow me: http://instagram.com/fitconfidenthappyx3

lilcutieandrea is on a distinguished road. (+10) lilcutieandrea is on a distinguished road. (+10) lilcutieandrea is on a distinguished road. (+10) lilcutieandrea is on a distinguished road. (+10) lilcutieandrea is on a distinguished road. (+10) lilcutieandrea is on a distinguished road. (+10) lilcutieandrea is on a distinguished road. (+10) lilcutieandrea is on a distinguished road. (+10) lilcutieandrea is on a distinguished road. (+10) lilcutieandrea is on a distinguished road. (+10) lilcutieandrea is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hello I am new here and I agree this is a great post. I will keep this in mind without a doubt.

Tonkin is a complete loser! (-2000) Tonkin is a complete loser! (-2000) Tonkin is a complete loser! (-2000) Tonkin is a complete loser! (-2000) Tonkin is a complete loser! (-2000) Tonkin is a complete loser! (-2000) Tonkin is a complete loser! (-2000) Tonkin is a complete loser! (-2000) Tonkin is a complete loser! (-2000) Tonkin is a complete loser! (-2000) Tonkin is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Awesome, very informing.

Tamara0827 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm new to all of this (as in starting two days ago new!) and found this very informative and useful! Thanks for putting in the effort to help us newbies out!

corritaylor82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) corritaylor82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) corritaylor82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) corritaylor82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) corritaylor82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) corritaylor82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) corritaylor82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) corritaylor82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) corritaylor82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) corritaylor82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) corritaylor82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I had been looking for something like this, thank you!
    "True enjoyment comes from activity of the mind and exercise of the body; the two are ever united."

- Humboldt

“You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, how you can still come out of it.”

- Maya Angelou

lovelytyagi is not very well liked. (-100) lovelytyagi is not very well liked. (-100) lovelytyagi is not very well liked. (-100) lovelytyagi is not very well liked. (-100) lovelytyagi is not very well liked. (-100) lovelytyagi is not very well liked. (-100) lovelytyagi is not very well liked. (-100) lovelytyagi is not very well liked. (-100) lovelytyagi is not very well liked. (-100) lovelytyagi is not very well liked. (-100) lovelytyagi is not very well liked. (-100)

Smile Fantastic

Wow!!! Just a fantastic post....
    Happy!!!

SimplyDrew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This is great! Thanks!

Shayotw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thank you for writing this...just what I needed. Great points, advice, etc.! Bookmarked for sure (:

sandyr9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sandyr9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sandyr9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sandyr9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sandyr9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sandyr9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sandyr9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sandyr9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sandyr9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sandyr9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sandyr9 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks for this post, exactly what I was looking for!

Ervin147 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Gym

klokos is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) klokos is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) klokos is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) klokos is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) klokos is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) klokos is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) klokos is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) klokos is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) klokos is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) klokos is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) klokos is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Thanks for the insightful posts Ervin.

Agagagagag

Fvcfvc

kryptonitek2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thank you so much for all of the tips! I'm not really interested in becoming a body builder as much as just getting into shape (at least first) and this really helps tremendously. It's hard to figure out where to start!

LMayer90 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LMayer90 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LMayer90 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LMayer90 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LMayer90 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LMayer90 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Finally, a little direction where I should go

corritaylor82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) corritaylor82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) corritaylor82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) corritaylor82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) corritaylor82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) corritaylor82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) corritaylor82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) corritaylor82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) corritaylor82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) corritaylor82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) corritaylor82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thank you very much for the advice.
    "True enjoyment comes from activity of the mind and exercise of the body; the two are ever united."

- Humboldt

“You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, how you can still come out of it.”

- Maya Angelou

CrystalB2011 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CrystalB2011 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CrystalB2011 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CrystalB2011 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CrystalB2011 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CrystalB2011 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CrystalB2011 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CrystalB2011 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CrystalB2011 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CrystalB2011 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CrystalB2011 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    This should be a sticky, really great post!

Registered User annkelly9022662's Avatar
    annkelly9022662 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Really great post. I am sure this will be very helpful for beginners.

Cambactint88 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Great post for newbies and for people who don't know where to start and how to start, these training programs and guidance can help everyone interested in starting workout. Thanks

TaeFightr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TaeFightr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TaeFightr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TaeFightr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TaeFightr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TaeFightr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TaeFightr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TaeFightr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TaeFightr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TaeFightr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TaeFightr is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Hi Everyone, I am new to bodybuilding. I wanted to introduce myself!

sammichface will become famous soon enough. (+50) sammichface will become famous soon enough. (+50) sammichface will become famous soon enough. (+50) sammichface will become famous soon enough. (+50) sammichface will become famous soon enough. (+50) sammichface will become famous soon enough. (+50) sammichface will become famous soon enough. (+50) sammichface will become famous soon enough. (+50) sammichface will become famous soon enough. (+50) sammichface will become famous soon enough. (+50) sammichface will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Great sticky! Every post I've read from you succinct, to the point, pithy, and no b.s. Makes it all really simple to understand. Thanks for being on here helping us little lost lambs.
    Pick it up, put it down, get strong

“Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.”
    ― Terry Pratchett

Gwen84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Awesome post! just loving it <3

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cherrytide community provides you the best quidelines of taking care of your body, living healthy life and the most effective programs how to lose weight.

cherrytide.com

A Glitch in the Matrix LexiHexi's Avatar
    LexiHexi is just really nice. (+1000) LexiHexi is just really nice. (+1000) LexiHexi is just really nice. (+1000) LexiHexi is just really nice. (+1000) LexiHexi is just really nice. (+1000) LexiHexi is just really nice. (+1000) LexiHexi is just really nice. (+1000) LexiHexi is just really nice. (+1000) LexiHexi is just really nice. (+1000) LexiHexi is just really nice. (+1000) LexiHexi is just really nice. (+1000)
    Repped for providing a link to Google.