sweetprice7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Need help getting in shape for football

I have eight months too get into shape for football. I am 6'2 245lbs. By the time football starts I want to drop down to 200 but then add 20 pounds of muscle. I want to increase my bench press by 75lbs as well as squat and power clean. The big thing is I have to get faster. In eighth grade I ran a 7.2 in the 40 (slow) however I didnt have proper technigue and wasnt prepared. I havent played football since eighth grade this season i will be a junior. I properley run a 6.5 in the 40 now mabye faster. Thats the big thing I am concerned on. I want to be tight end and start by the time I am a senior. I am overweight but, I am very determined to work hard. I have time. Just need help on how to increase time on 40 yard dash. What excersises to do?

blitz042000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blitz042000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blitz042000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blitz042000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blitz042000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blitz042000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blitz042000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blitz042000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blitz042000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blitz042000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blitz042000 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Does your highschool team have offseason workouts? If so you need to workout with them. In regards to getting faster first get in good anaerobic shape this will tell you a lot about your true 40 time. When training for speed remember that you want your legs to be fresh and that quality is way way more important than quantity. Practice your start often. Find a small hill that is not to steapand do no more than ten uphill runs to increase stride length and then ten downhill for stride rate. Remember take full rest between each one to maximize the effects. For weight it will come off if you exercise regularly and eat healthy foods like lean proteins and fruits and veggies. I wouldn't worry as much about weight as developing athleticism.
    "Hey ladies, hey gentlemen, hey everybody...One more time for the Greatest Team in America!!!!"- ERK RUSSELL
    I rep back.
    Got negged twice in one day for believing in God. Guess what? I still believe in God.
    >>>>>Florida State Seminoles Tomahawk Nation Crew>>>>>
    CSCS by the NSCA

TKitts96 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Theres so much more to varsity football then being fast. I would suggest keeping some body fat on you (around 15% BFI) to keep the size needed. At my school we do a lot of bench press, front and back squat, hang and power cleans and I suggest doing those to help build the muscle needed. Also if your school has off-season workouts/practices attend those, if not to improve yourself but to show the coaches that your'e willing to put in the time needed.

Woolyz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yeah, I'm in the same exact boat as you except i'm not overweight. I'm currently in my offseason and this winter I am going all-out. For sure improve your 40-yard time by a lot. I ran my 40-yard in 4.9sec this year and that is only average for DB's around my state. You have a perfect build for a tight-end. Just stay committed and hit the weightroom 2-3 times per week, and at least 1 time over the weekend. To improve you 40-time do plyometric excersises. These include sprints with minimal rest, endurance running, leg jumps, pretty much any explosive movement exercise for lower body. Just maintain a good form while running your 40yd, practice, lift, eat right and before you know it that time will be down into the 5 second range.

Good Luck!

-Matt

TIUjoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) TIUjoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) TIUjoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) TIUjoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) TIUjoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) TIUjoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) TIUjoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) TIUjoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) TIUjoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) TIUjoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) TIUjoe is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by blitz042000 View Post
    Does your highschool team have offseason workouts? If so you need to workout with them. In regards to getting faster first get in good anaerobic shape this will tell you a lot about your true 40 time. When training for speed remember that you want your legs to be fresh and that quality is way way more important than quantity. Practice your start often. Find a small hill that is not to steapand do no more than ten uphill runs to increase stride length and then ten downhill for stride rate. Remember take full rest between each one to maximize the effects. For weight it will come off if you exercise regularly and eat healthy foods like lean proteins and fruits and veggies. I wouldn't worry as much about weight as developing athleticism.
    definitely agree with this! Workout with your teammates. Get training in the weight room with them and build that brotherhood. QUALITY IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN QUANTITY...YES! I second this whole post, nice response.
    Follow my journey to the 2016 Spartan Beast: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvoih36zyNmXAbIQ_MaBsHw

Bodybuilder and Obstacle Course Racer

For Interviews and Tips from Elite OCR Athletes, check out: www.spartanbuddy.com

Absolutely anything is possible through Jesus Christ