ShaneC1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Bodymax cf375 vs cf415

Hi all,

I'm looking to buy a squat rack/ power rack for a home gym. I don't have a whole lot of money to spend, so I have been looking at these two. Which would you guys reckon is better? I have heard bad things about the cf375 power rack (hollow safety pins etc), would the cf415 be sturdier? What do you think?

Thanks for any help :-)

JMS72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JMS72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JMS72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JMS72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JMS72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JMS72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JMS72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JMS72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JMS72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JMS72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JMS72 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ShaneC1 View Post
    Hi all,

I'm looking to buy a squat rack/ power rack for a home gym. I don't have a whole lot of money to spend, so I have been looking at these two. Which would you guys reckon is better? I have heard bad things about the cf375 power rack (hollow safety pins etc), would the cf415 be sturdier? What do you think?

Thanks for any help :-)
    for £50 more (£299) you can get the CF475 at Powerhouse right now. This is what I have, it's not got the kudos of the bigger better brands but for what you pay it's solid and probably the best rack you will get new in the UK for that price. Rated to approx 350KG which is plenty for me right now. It has some nice pull up bars and for not much more some dip handles as well. Other options are to buy used on ebay which opens up a new load of options.

ShaneC1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by JMS72 View Post
    for £50 more (£299) you can get the CF475 at Powerhouse right now. This is what I have, it's not got the kudos of the bigger better brands but for what you pay it's solid and probably the best rack you will get new in the UK for that price. Rated to approx 350KG which is plenty for me right now. It has some nice pull up bars and for not much more some dip handles as well. Other options are to buy used on ebay which opens up a new load of options.
    Thanks for the input. I was looking at that one too, it is a bit over a hundred euro more expensive in Ireland though. I think it might be out of my price range at this point in time, I would be stretching for the cheaper one even. I'm worried that the 375 might be a waste of money from what people are saying, even though most of my lifts are in the 70 - 80kg range so maybe I shouldn't be worrying for the time being at least? :-)

Location: Birmingham, Westmidlands, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    owasM is just really nice. (+1000) owasM is just really nice. (+1000) owasM is just really nice. (+1000) owasM is just really nice. (+1000) owasM is just really nice. (+1000) owasM is just really nice. (+1000) owasM is just really nice. (+1000) owasM is just really nice. (+1000) owasM is just really nice. (+1000) owasM is just really nice. (+1000) owasM is just really nice. (+1000)
    if moneys the issue, i would deffintly have a look on ebay, power racks come up quite often.
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #4 -!!!---!!!-

Location: London, Greater London, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000) MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000) MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000) MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000) MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000) MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000) MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000) MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000) MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000) MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000) MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000)
    Check ebay. There's 1 york rack of commercial quality for £400. You can't really beat that. There are also a couple other racks. Be sure to check them out before you buy a new rack.
    Getting me some gains

Lifting log http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154103&p=103762993#post10302993
    My lifting gear part 1 (bodysolid power rack, bench, lat attachment) http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=1509633
    My lifting gear part 2 (bodypower weights, texas power bar) http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151184793&p=1011390903#post10110903

iidrjones has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you're not lifting that much then the CF375 is fine! I have the CF376R, with the same safety pins and they haven't let me down. If you do have worries about it though, just buy some steel bars online. You can get them custom made, enough to fit the pins for under £20!
    And on top of that, if you ring up powerhouse fitness and are prepared to haggle a bit (Or even just ask for their best price) you can get a sweet deal! I got the rack, a lat attachment (Still waiting to put onto the rack) and 100kg olym with a 7ft bar for just over £400. You can't go wrong.