michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

It's hard to put weight back on after slimming down.

I've been at this now for about two years. The first year I spent doing the "newb gains". Then I went on a diet to focus on fat loss. Eventually I made it down to the 9-10% body fat range and uncovered my abs for the first time in my life and was then finally able to focus on weight gain.

So after three months of stuffing myself and tracking every gram of every macro nutrient I've managed to put on 1 pound in 3 months. I think I've finally gotten over the fear that I'll get fat but I expected to at least put on a little more weight than I have.

I'm not really looking for any diet advice here as I've already made some adjustments but I was wondering if others have had similar experiences going from moderately fat to trim and then trying to put lean mass back on.

Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by michail71 View Post
    I've been at this now for about two years. The first year I spent doing the "newb gains". Then I went on a diet to focus on fat loss. Eventually I made it down to the 9-10% body fat range and uncovered my abs for the first time in my life and was then finally able to focus on weight gain.

So after three months of stuffing myself and tracking every gram of every macro nutrient I've managed to put on 1 pound in 3 months. I think I've finally gotten over the fear that I'll get fat but I expected to at least put on a little more weight than I have.

I'm not really looking for any diet advice here as I've already made some adjustments but I was wondering if others have had similar experiences going from moderately fat to trim and then trying to put lean mass back on.

I wish.
    If you poke a bear in the eye, expect a bear like response.

michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Brackneyc View Post
    I wish.
    Having read of your struggles I actually thought of you when I posted this. But I'm actually eating to a point where I often feel like I'm overdoing it. I find myself force feeding at the end of the day to hit targets.

I'm going to stay patient an not make any drastic changes.

Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Having read of your struggles I actually thought of you when I posted this. But I'm actually eating to a point where I often feel like I'm overdoing it. I find myself force feeding at the end of the day to hit targets.

I'm going to stay patient an not make any drastic changes.
    I just shifted back to a much lower carb eating style (sub 75g per day). I had years of success with it, and now I will return. I am going to remain in a deficit until I am back to where I need to be. I figure 3-4 months ought to do it. Then I will go back to maint and monitor. I gain weight just by thinking about food.
    If you poke a bear in the eye, expect a bear like response.

Originally Posted by Brackneyc View Post
    I just shifted back to a much lower carb eating style (sub 75g per day). I had years of success with it, and now I will return. I am going to remain in a deficit until I am back to where I need to be. I figure 3-4 months ought to do it. Then I will go back to maint and monitor. I gain weight just by thinking about food.
    I've been targeting 250 grams on lifting days and have upped to 300. Non-lifting days I get about 50-120 grams. When I cut I was in the range of 10-80 grams.

It still feels weird eating that many carbs.

trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000) trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000) trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000) trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000) trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000) trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000) trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000) trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000) trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000) trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000) trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I can relate. After working hard to get lean and stay shredded the last thing I want to do is eat above maintenance. I have tried to micro manage my bulk cycles the last two years. After slow starts I eventually ease up and eat. Once I do I notice my lifts improving and the scale starts moving. To combat my anxiety about getting to fat I have kept my bulks short. The belt hasn't moved a notch but the shirts are getting tighter in all the right places. In order to keep moving towards my goal I know I have to accept a temporary increase in my BF fat to put some muscle on. I know I'm committed to the lifestyle and look forward to seeing the results as I lean out again. Trust yourself, you are powerful enough to do the unthinkable to get better.

tryintorebuild is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tryintorebuild is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tryintorebuild is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tryintorebuild is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tryintorebuild is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tryintorebuild is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tryintorebuild is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tryintorebuild is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tryintorebuild is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tryintorebuild is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tryintorebuild is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Yeah, I've had the same experiences. Seems like if I don't intentionally eat big, I lose weight again. My short term goal is to get up to 180 and then re-evaluate to see what I need. Last week I was ending the day at about 178 and waking up at 174. (Yes, I get up a few times during the night. I drink a lot of diet kool aid) This weekend I had to work several long nights. I thought I was eating a lot, but not eating as clean (it is the holiday season). Stepped on the scales when I got off work (after eating a couple of eggs and drinking a glass of milk) and I weighed 176!