Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    FightThePoW3R is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) FightThePoW3R is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) FightThePoW3R is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) FightThePoW3R is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) FightThePoW3R is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) FightThePoW3R is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) FightThePoW3R is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) FightThePoW3R is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) FightThePoW3R is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) FightThePoW3R is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) FightThePoW3R is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

Hitting macros. Why are people so obsessed with "clean" foods.

Assuming you get the same amount of proteins/fats/carbohydrates in a day, what is the difference between eating processed "dirty" foods and "clean" foods. Nutrients? What difference does that make? Will I feel more energy throughout the day? Will I grow taller? Will my hair look healthier? Is there any scientific evidence backing up any claims you might argue before you even consider proposing them?
    Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee

Snuggie Crew***

Ahmed81 is just really nice. (+1000) Ahmed81 is just really nice. (+1000) Ahmed81 is just really nice. (+1000) Ahmed81 is just really nice. (+1000) Ahmed81 is just really nice. (+1000) Ahmed81 is just really nice. (+1000) Ahmed81 is just really nice. (+1000) Ahmed81 is just really nice. (+1000) Ahmed81 is just really nice. (+1000) Ahmed81 is just really nice. (+1000) Ahmed81 is just really nice. (+1000)
    You have 850 posts on this site and you don't know the answer?
    My story:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160403891

Nutrition and debunked myths for noobies:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155909423

Live above the influence & hit your macros

IG: @BadnEvil

FightThePoW3R is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) FightThePoW3R is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) FightThePoW3R is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) FightThePoW3R is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) FightThePoW3R is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) FightThePoW3R is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) FightThePoW3R is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) FightThePoW3R is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) FightThePoW3R is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) FightThePoW3R is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) FightThePoW3R is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by Ahmed81 View Post
    You have 850 posts on this site and you don't know the answer?
    Of course I know the answer. I have personally experimented with "clean" foods and "dirty" foods years ago. I am trying to figure out why people still believe this nonsense about "clean" foods. I keep running into these kinds of people everywhere. Where is the evidence to back up your claims?

Snuggie Crew***

Killafornia805 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Killafornia805 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Killafornia805 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Killafornia805 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Killafornia805 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Killafornia805 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Killafornia805 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Killafornia805 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Killafornia805 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Killafornia805 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Killafornia805 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Whos is people?

I eat everything and anything as long as it fits in my macros
    But try to get more clean foods since im srs about bodybuilding

Originally Posted by Killafornia805 View Post
    Whos is people?

I eat everything and anything as long as it fits in my macros
    But try to get more clean foods since im srs about bodybuilding
    People meaning human beings that believe in this nonsense. Is that difficult to digest? Why are you trying to eat more "clean" foods? For what benefits if any?

Snuggie Crew***

Ahmed81 is just really nice. (+1000) Ahmed81 is just really nice. (+1000) Ahmed81 is just really nice. (+1000) Ahmed81 is just really nice. (+1000) Ahmed81 is just really nice. (+1000) Ahmed81 is just really nice. (+1000) Ahmed81 is just really nice. (+1000) Ahmed81 is just really nice. (+1000) Ahmed81 is just really nice. (+1000) Ahmed81 is just really nice. (+1000) Ahmed81 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by FightThePoW3R View Post
    Of course I know the answer. I have personally experimented with "clean" foods and "dirty" foods years ago. I am trying to figure out why people still believe this nonsense about "clean" foods. I keep running into these kinds of people everywhere. Where is the evidence to back up your claims?
    Some people just have better energy levels when staying away from "unhealthy" foods. If that's the case, then I guess that is their claim and we can't tell them they're wrong about a personal preference. If they think that depriving themselves of "junk" food will help them accel, then they're just uneducated. I've tried to tell some of my friends that they dont need to eat post workout, or that they can have a chiptole while cutting but they refuse to listen. Oh well, their loss.
    My story:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160403891

Nutrition and debunked myths for noobies:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155909423

Live above the influence & hit your macros

IG: @BadnEvil

Dimaline312000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dimaline312000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dimaline312000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dimaline312000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dimaline312000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dimaline312000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dimaline312000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dimaline312000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dimaline312000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dimaline312000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dimaline312000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I can tell you from personal experience that before I started dieting there was a time where I'd go to McDonalds and get 4 Double Cheeseburgers and a large Coke and eat them all in one setting than I'd lay my FAT @$$ down and take a nice long nap. I felt little to no energy after eating those fatty grease-laced burgers but now an hour after eating 6ounces of Grilled Chicken Breast, 1 Cup of Rice and 6 to 8 Carrot Sticks I defiently feel more energy after it's all digested than I did eating those brugers. Not to mention foods like that that are coverd in grease after consuming that much grease it can excrete from you body and cause acne once I cut back on those burgers my skin definetly cleared up and I de feel a lot healthier. Can I prove that Grilled Chicken won't clog your arteries as much as a Cheesburger? No I can't. I'm not a nutritionist or a personal trainer or anything like that but I can say that for the most part I feel a lot better eating those "clean" foods than I have in the past eating "dirty" foods. That's not to say I don't still enjoy a Cheeseburger now and than but I don't eat 4 Doubles in one meal and it has helped me.

Originally Posted by Ahmed81 View Post
    Some people just have better energy levels when staying away from "unhealthy" foods. If that's the case, then I guess that is their claim and we can't tell them they're wrong about a personal preference. If they think that depriving themselves of "junk" food will help them accel, then they're just uneducated. I've tried to tell some of my friends that they dont need to eat post workout, or that they can have a chiptole while cutting but they refuse to listen. Oh well, their loss.
    Exactly my point. I'll go as far as to say that I'll drink soda, eat chips, and swallow doughnuts during a cut while ONLY counting my caloric intake and maybe estimating my protein intake. I have successfully been able to cut fat and maintain muscle mass and energy levels consistently. The body doesn't even need 1g or 1.5g of protein per body weight to gain muscle or maintain lean muscle mass. The body is extremely efficient and learns to adapt and work with what it's got. People fail to realize that our bodies have evolved through a course of millions of years. The fact that you are alive today means that you have very awesome genes capable of adapting to almost anything.
    Last edited by FightThePoW3R; 12-31-2012 at 03:01 PM.

Snuggie Crew***

Originally Posted by Dimaline312000 View Post
    I can tell you from personal experience that before I started dieting there was a time where I'd go to McDonalds and get 4 Double Cheeseburgers and a large Coke and eat them all in one setting than I'd lay my FAT @$$ down and take a nice long nap. I felt little to no energy after eating those fatty grease-laced burgers but now an hour after eating 6ounces of Grilled Chicken Breast, 1 Cup of Rice and 6 to 8 Carrot Sticks I defiently feel more energy after it's all digested than I did eating those brugers. Not to mention foods like that that are coverd in grease after consuming that much grease it can excrete from you body and cause acne once I cut back on those burgers my skin definetly cleared up and I de feel a lot healthier. Can I prove that Grilled Chicken won't clog your arteries as much as a Cheesburger? No I can't. I'm not a nutritionist or a personal trainer or anything like that but I can say that for the most part I feel a lot better eating those "clean" foods than I have in the past eating "dirty" foods. That's not to say I don't still enjoy a Cheeseburger now and than but I don't eat 4 Doubles in one meal and it has helped me.
    The reason you felt better eating clean foods vs McDonald's is the fact that you ate too much during one sitting. The body requires more energy when digesting larger meals in a shorter amount of time. It would have been no different if you sat down and ate the same amount of calories in grilled chicken and vegetables(except that would cause a massive bloat due to the volume of the chicken). You may have also been overeating throughout the day when eating McDonald's vs counting your calories. I guarantee you will feel exactly the same if you ate the mcdonalds in smaller portions spread throughout the day to avoid the high energy cost of digesting a huge meal.

Snuggie Crew***

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I feel like ****, lethargic and weak as **** after McDonalds etc compared to "clean" nutritious foods as you will

Dimaline312000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dimaline312000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dimaline312000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dimaline312000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dimaline312000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dimaline312000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dimaline312000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dimaline312000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dimaline312000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dimaline312000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dimaline312000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    The reason you felt better eating clean foods vs McDonald's is the fact that you ate too much during one sitting. The body requires more energy when digesting larger meals in a shorter amount of time. It would have been no different if you sat down and ate the same amount of calories in grilled chicken and vegetables(except that would cause a massive bloat due to the volume of the chicken). You may have also been overeating throughout the day when eating McDonald's vs counting your calories. I guarantee you will feel exactly the same if you ate the mcdonalds in smaller portions spread throughout the day to avoid the high energy cost of digesting a huge meal.
    While I'm sure you're right about that becasue i'm sure you know more about nutrition than I do but it was just my way of expalining my personal experience with the so called Clean Vs Dirty Foods. If I knew for certain that eating Cheesburgers, Fried Chicken, Tacos, Subs, Chocolate Bars, Chips and Cookies would do my body no more harm than eating Grilled Chicken, Baked Fish, Eggs, Rice, Wheat Bread, Fruits, Veggies and Nuts than yeah I'd go for taste and eat whatever I really want. I do however believe lowering sugar and grease intake has had a better affect on my body than it did when I was younger and consumed a large amount of both without even thinking about it. I completely get what you're saying I mean there are times when I think the exact same way, at times it feels like you're screwed either way. I mean I started drinking Diet Coke Vs Regular Coke when I need a soda but you hear that the Aspartame in Diet Soda's can give you Cancer Vs the Sugar in regular Soda's can help contribute to Heart Disease. I mean I drink maybe 3 Diet Soda's a week Vs some people I know who drink 3 a day or more. I consume over a gallon of water most days and definetly feel way more hydrated than I do with Pop obviously. Yes I'd love to see some actual proof too that Clean Foods are actually better for a person's body than the so called Dirty Foods. Like I said before though I do believe that in some area's eating the better foods is actually better for my body just based on what I've seen on the outside.

graffiti36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) graffiti36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) graffiti36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) graffiti36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) graffiti36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) graffiti36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) graffiti36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) graffiti36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) graffiti36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) graffiti36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) graffiti36 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    There is a lot of information regarding this topic.
    You might want to do some research before blabbering about it.
    Having a diet that consists of constantly eating nutrient void aka "dirty" foods is not the same as eating nutrient dense aka "clean".

OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000)
    People are obsessed with clean foods because they are beginners, they learn their information that magazines and websites that give them false information. Once they have some learning experience, they can later change their diet to allow any foods into their day. Im sure you thought you could only eat chicken breast rice and brocolli when you first joined the site, as with many others. Just a learning expereince.

Originally Posted by graffiti36 View Post
    There is a lot of information regarding this topic.
    You might want to do some research before blabbering about it.
    Having a diet that consists of constantly eating nutrient void aka "dirty" foods is not the same as eating nutrient dense aka "clean".
    You mean other then the fact that you can just take a vitamin pill and call it even? Link please.

Snuggie Crew***

Originally Posted by AlwaysTryin View Post
    I feel like ****, lethargic and weak as **** after McDonalds etc compared to "clean" nutritious foods as you will
    Other then what I just previously stated right above your post, it's probably just in your head. In all seriousness.

Snuggie Crew***

graffiti36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) graffiti36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) graffiti36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) graffiti36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) graffiti36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) graffiti36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) graffiti36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) graffiti36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) graffiti36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) graffiti36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) graffiti36 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You mean other then the fact that you can just take a vitamin pill and call it even? Link please.
    This is a broad topic, therefore I will not link
    Provided you know something about nutrition you would realize that taking a multivitamin is inferior to having a diversified diet.

KCTonyG will become famous soon enough. (+50) KCTonyG will become famous soon enough. (+50) KCTonyG will become famous soon enough. (+50) KCTonyG will become famous soon enough. (+50) KCTonyG will become famous soon enough. (+50) KCTonyG will become famous soon enough. (+50) KCTonyG will become famous soon enough. (+50) KCTonyG will become famous soon enough. (+50) KCTonyG will become famous soon enough. (+50) KCTonyG will become famous soon enough. (+50) KCTonyG will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The biggest reason I stick to clean foods has to do with the fact that I love to eat. Foods that you would consider dirty are often times very calorie dense. Sure you may be able to fit them into your macros, but let me tell you, I am much fuller after eating 3 cups of mixed vegetables than I am after eating a single cookie.

Aside from that, I have experienced some negative side effects from eating foods that you would consider dirty. Diarrhea, upset stomach, bloating, gas, etc. Sure those foods may fit into my macros, but why should I torture myself with long trips to the toilet just to eat them?

Finally, in terms of foods that you would consider dirty that contain a lot of sugar and caffeine. I try to keep my sugar and caffeine consumption to a minimum due to the effects of adrenal fatigue.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Great thread. Should be a stickie.

Right after more than five people can agree on exactly what "clean" food is.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Originally Posted by graffiti36 View Post
    This is a broad topic, therefore I will not link
    Provided you know something about nutrition you would realize that taking a multivitamin is inferior to having a diversified diet.
    Link me an article that shows scientific proof of this.

Snuggie Crew***

BobGatz is on a distinguished road. (+10) BobGatz is on a distinguished road. (+10) BobGatz is on a distinguished road. (+10) BobGatz is on a distinguished road. (+10) BobGatz is on a distinguished road. (+10) BobGatz is on a distinguished road. (+10) BobGatz is on a distinguished road. (+10) BobGatz is on a distinguished road. (+10) BobGatz is on a distinguished road. (+10) BobGatz is on a distinguished road. (+10) BobGatz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You can eat more quantity of "clean foods" for the same amount of calories so it might be helpful to feeling full when on a cutting diet.

Originally Posted by BobGatz View Post
    You can eat more quantity of "clean foods" for the same amount of calories so it might be helpful to feeling full when on a cutting diet.
    I beg to differ. Personally, I felt no difference in hunger patterns when eating "clean" versus eating "dirty". You might feel more full due to the increased volume of clean foods, but I insist this is just a false illusion that does not go hand in hand with hunger. One might argue that this is completely subjective, but that can be up for debate.

The purpose of this thread is to enlighten those who are ignorant of the fact that bodybuilding is not as difficult as it seems. You don't have to torture yourself eating dry, tasteless foods in order to reach your goals. This is false advertisement that keeps the beginner away from their goals due to lack of consistency. This is equivalent to religious fanatics insisting that the earth is a few thousand years old, whereas scientific evidence says otherwise. Enough of this "dark age" belief system.

Snuggie Crew***

SdvsB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SdvsB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SdvsB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SdvsB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SdvsB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SdvsB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SdvsB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SdvsB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SdvsB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SdvsB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SdvsB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    well to start its a little easier to get your micronutrients in a day from your so called clean food name. Theres far more micro benefits to veggies than a bag of cheetos. The amount of nutrients your body even consumes from those "vitamin pills" is questionable. I wouldnt count on taking a multi and smashing nothing but chips, cookies and fast food. Id prefer to have a variety of foods i like to eat while getting my micro and macros for the day...but to each its own.

SdvsB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SdvsB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SdvsB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SdvsB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SdvsB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SdvsB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SdvsB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SdvsB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SdvsB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SdvsB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SdvsB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    The purpose of this thread is to enlighten those who are ignorant of the fact that bodybuilding is not as difficult as it seems. .
    Lord there would be huge guys walking around everywhere if this was even remotely true lol.

Originally Posted by SdvsB View Post
    well to start its a little easier to get your micronutrients in a day from your so called clean food name. Theres far more micro benefits to veggies than a bag of cheetos. The amount of nutrients your body even consumes from those "vitamin pills" is questionable. I wouldnt count on taking a multi and smashing nothing but chips, cookies and fast food. Id prefer to have a variety of foods i like to eat while getting my micro and macros for the day...but to each its own.
    This is exactly my point. It's ok to have a variety of foods. It's ok to eat whatever it is you want, so long as your hitting your macros, or even just your daily caloric goals. You shouldn't have to torture yourself avoiding these "dirty" foods. Ultimately, it doesn't matter at all in terms of bodybuilding.

Snuggie Crew***

Lord there would be huge guys walking around everywhere if this was even remotely true lol.
    Well believe it. It's only a matter of consistency and getting on the right track. Once you get into the habit of bodybuilding, it comes as easy as breathing.

Snuggie Crew***

This is exactly my point. It's ok to have a variety of foods. It's ok to eat whatever it is you want, so long as your hitting your macros, or even just your daily caloric goals. You shouldn't have to torture yourself avoiding these "dirty" foods. Ultimately, it doesn't matter at all in terms of bodybuilding.
    assuming you meet both micro and macros then sure run wild. If that was your point i agree. I thought you were suggesting ignoring micros, just hitting macros eating whatever you wanted was ok.

Well believe it. It's only a matter of consistency and getting on the right track. Once you get into the habit of bodybuilding, it comes as easy as breathing.
    Possibly if i had some of arnolds blood running through me =) I dont love my gentic potential really. But i do well for myself.

assuming you meet both micro and macros then sure run wild. If that was your point i agree. I thought you were suggesting ignoring micros, just hitting macros eating whatever you wanted was ok.
    To be fair, I have never once worried about my micro nutrient intake throughout my bodybuilding career. I make more gains then 80% of my gym simply because I am aware of the fundamental principles in bodybuilding. At least the true biological principles.

Snuggie Crew***

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Other then what I just previously stated right above your post, it's probably just in your head. In all seriousness.
    It has nothing to do with the meal quantity as a burger and fries are nothing, and it's not "in my head" so I'm sorry to say that you're wrong

Also 5"7 and 170 isn't that impressive so I'm unsure why you're walking around like king****