DavieBanner is not very helpful. (-500) DavieBanner is not very helpful. (-500) DavieBanner is not very helpful. (-500) DavieBanner is not very helpful. (-500) DavieBanner is not very helpful. (-500) DavieBanner is not very helpful. (-500) DavieBanner is not very helpful. (-500) DavieBanner is not very helpful. (-500) DavieBanner is not very helpful. (-500) DavieBanner is not very helpful. (-500) DavieBanner is not very helpful. (-500)

Videos for critique please!!

Videos for critique.
    Was to sore to bench today from my session yesterday so I wanted to get some input on these other lifts for today.
    Thanks in advance guys. Will get upper body next time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zhj4N3rpa8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfEluIONbJQ

Let the bashing begin haha
    Bench Press: 205x5[x] 210x5[x] 215x5[x] 220x5[x] 225 x 5[x] 230x5 []

^^Scratched the 5x5 program. Lifting BP 255 x 10, do not know max as I could care less.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    This thread will not end well.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Leg press = fail unless you can't squat, squatting is better and less stressful.

Squatting:

1. You're not going all the way down, you're only doing 1/4 squats which is giving you no benefit. Start with a bare bar and get all the way down. If you can't squat a certain weight all the way down then you can't squat that weight, period. Also make sure you don't need to go to the bathroom before doing this with heavy weight.
    2. Lose the bitch pad.
    3. Bring your hands in closer together and squeeze your shoulder blades together, this bunches up the muscles on your back and traps and locks everything in to place so the weight rests on the muscles and not your bones so you don't need to use the pad.
    4. You have mobility issues. Push you knees out over your toes, they should be out around the same angle. Right now they appear to be pointed forward which is why you can't get all the day down, or at least part of the reason. Having your toes pointed out but your knees straight will also eventually eff up your knees or be a source of pain when it starts getting heavy.
    5. You're leaning too far forward, probably because of hip/ankle mobility and improper knee placement. Again, shoving your knees out will help fix this but if you're like most people then you'll need to do some mobility work for your other joints.
    Last edited by j1akey; 12-31-2012 at 11:22 AM.
    "When you fall into a pit, you either die or get out."

DavieBanner is not very helpful. (-500) DavieBanner is not very helpful. (-500) DavieBanner is not very helpful. (-500) DavieBanner is not very helpful. (-500) DavieBanner is not very helpful. (-500) DavieBanner is not very helpful. (-500) DavieBanner is not very helpful. (-500) DavieBanner is not very helpful. (-500) DavieBanner is not very helpful. (-500) DavieBanner is not very helpful. (-500) DavieBanner is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by j1akey View Post
    Leg press = fail unless you can't squat, squatting is better and less stressful.

Squatting:

1. You're not going all the way down, you're only doing 1/4 squats which is giving you no benefit. Start with a bare bar and get all the way down. If you can't squat a certain weight all the way down then you can't squat that weight, period. Also make sure you don't need to go to the bathroom before doing this with heavy weight.
    2. Lose the bitch pad.
    3. Bring your hands in closer together and squeeze your shoulder blades together, this bunches up the muscles on your back and traps and locks everything in to place so the weight rests on the muscles and not your bones so you don't need to use the pad.
    4. You have mobility issues. Push you knees out over your toes, they should be out around the same angle. Right now they appear to be pointed forward which is why you can't get all the day down, or at least part of the reason.
    5. You're leaning too far forward, probably because of hip/ankle mobility and improper knee placement. Again, shoving your knees out will help fix this but if you're like most people then you'll need to do some mobility work for your other joints.
    Thanks for the feed back!! Leg presses are on my workout routine, so I do them. I do have mobility issues. Im a tall as lanky kid haha.
    I cant bring my arms in closer cause it hurts my left shoulder (Car accident injury). If I bring them in close I feel like the weight is gonna fall off the left side.
    Thanks for the reply though
    Bench Press: 205x5[x] 210x5[x] 215x5[x] 220x5[x] 225 x 5[x] 230x5 []

^^Scratched the 5x5 program. Lifting BP 255 x 10, do not know max as I could care less.