boxcaracer is on a distinguished road. (+10) boxcaracer is on a distinguished road. (+10) boxcaracer is on a distinguished road. (+10) boxcaracer is on a distinguished road. (+10) boxcaracer is on a distinguished road. (+10) boxcaracer is on a distinguished road. (+10) boxcaracer is on a distinguished road. (+10) boxcaracer is on a distinguished road. (+10) boxcaracer is on a distinguished road. (+10) boxcaracer is on a distinguished road. (+10) boxcaracer is on a distinguished road. (+10)

very painful shoulders, peck work outs?

I am still new i guess to lifting, and recently my shoulders have gotten to the point where normal flat bench is impossible and DB bench press is very painful. I tried to do push ups but my shoulders wouldn't allow it.
    I have been doing some stretching for the rotatory cups, and they hurt to do. I am to the point where I am going to give up on pecks due to my shoulders, my bench press has slowly been going down. I only do around 95 around 10 times before my shoulders kill. I can do much higher weight with DB, but still.

Should I just stop all peck workouts for a few weeks, and keep up mu rotatory cup work outs?
    Any supplements I can take to help recover faster? Thanks a ton.

Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I would say rest your shoulders for a bit and check up with a physician or something bro, sounds like either damage or a defect and pushing it could only cause permanent damage.
    Myfitnesspal Cowmustard
    Mapmyrun Cowmustard

jreach has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jreach has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jreach has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jreach has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jreach has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jreach has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jreach has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jreach has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jreach has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jreach has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jreach has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Don't push it to the point of seriously injuring yourself. Try this out and see if it helps at all.

guineapig71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) guineapig71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) guineapig71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) guineapig71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) guineapig71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) guineapig71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) guineapig71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) guineapig71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) guineapig71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) guineapig71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) guineapig71 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I would take some time off and have a doctor check it out. It could be that it's to much stimulation for your muscles and your having really bad Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness(DOMS) or you have a tear on one of your deltoid heads, or in your pectoralis major.
    "Sometimes you just feel tired.
    You feel weak and when you feel weak you feel like you wanna just give up.
    But you gotta search within you, you gotta find that inner strength
    and just pull that s*** out of you and get that motivation to not give up
    and not be a quitter, no matter how bad you wanna just fall flat on your face and collapse." -Eminem

boxcaracer is on a distinguished road. (+10) boxcaracer is on a distinguished road. (+10) boxcaracer is on a distinguished road. (+10) boxcaracer is on a distinguished road. (+10) boxcaracer is on a distinguished road. (+10) boxcaracer is on a distinguished road. (+10) boxcaracer is on a distinguished road. (+10) boxcaracer is on a distinguished road. (+10) boxcaracer is on a distinguished road. (+10) boxcaracer is on a distinguished road. (+10) boxcaracer is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks for all the replys guys. And what type of doctor should i see? sports therapy? Chiropractor? etc?

A background on me is i also do power lifting, and the ONLY shoulder excersises i do woud be snatches, and jerks. And that's it for shoulders. Tomrrow if peck,bicep,shoulder day and I am going to do very light weights with my shoulders and light with pecks.

Or should i just back off shoulder and pecks until next week?

RoyKr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RoyKr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you're in pain even when you're not lifting I'd suggest to lay off the benching until you feel better.
    When you bench, do you flare your elbows? I experienced shoulder pain while benching for a period of time so i tried keeping my elbows a bit closer to my center and the pain went away.

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You'll need to allow the area to heal and then work back in with rehab-style work (stretches and exercises) and build up your strength slowly again.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=529968
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=138178583
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

fuggew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fuggew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fuggew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fuggew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fuggew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fuggew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fuggew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fuggew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fuggew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fuggew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by boxcaracer View Post
    they hurt
    They hurt, then take a break, for one. I have problems with my shoulders on bench as well. #1, check your form. Your elbows should come down in a 45 degree plane, don't bring elbows out 90 from your shoulders, 45 degrees. I see so many guys making the chest press a shoulder press by bringing elbows out 90 degrees.

That said, I'm a huge fan of pre-exhaustion. #1. When you pre-exhaust the supporting muscles the target muscles do more work. Wear out your shoulders, bi's, and tri's first and your chest will do more work, and get bigger.

Also, pre-exhaustion means you will use less weight on flat bench. That means less strain on your shoulder joints, but more strain on your chest.

Barbell Bench Press- Power Lift

Muscles
    Target
    Pectoralis Major, Sternal

Synergists
    Pectoralis Major, Clavicular
    Deltoid, Anterior
    Triceps Brachii

Dynamic Stabilizers
    Biceps Brachii, Short Head

Stabilizers
    Erector Spinae
    Gluteus Maximus

So, my chest workout looks like this:
    Barbell Full Squat
    Smith Bent Knee Good Morning
    Dumbbell Bicep Curl
    Barbell Lying Triceps Press
    Barbell Front Raise
    Push Press
    Dumbbell Shoulder Press
    Dumbbell Incline Fly
    Barbell Wide Grip Bench Press
    Barbell Bench Press
    I do 1 set to failure. If it’s hard to keep track of a complicated workout, install Jefit on your phone, makes it simple. Rest up, give it a try. You’ll have less pain.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by DJAuto View Post
    You'll need to allow the area to heal and then work back in with rehab-style work (stretches and exercises) and build up your strength slowly again.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=529968
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=138178583
    ^^^^ This
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Originally Posted by fuggew View Post
    They hurt, then take a break, for one. I have problems with my shoulders on bench as well. #1, check your form. Your elbows should come down in a 45 degree plane, don't bring elbows out 90 from your shoulders, 45 degrees. I see so many guys making the chest press a shoulder press by bringing elbows out 90 degrees.

That said, I'm a huge fan of pre-exhaustion. #1. When you pre-exhaust the supporting muscles the target muscles do more work. Wear out your shoulders, bi's, and tri's first and your chest will do more work, and get bigger.

Also, pre-exhaustion means you will use less weight on flat bench. That means less strain on your shoulder joints, but more strain on your chest.

Barbell Bench Press- Power Lift

Muscles
    Target
    Pectoralis Major, Sternal

Synergists
    Pectoralis Major, Clavicular
    Deltoid, Anterior
    Triceps Brachii

Dynamic Stabilizers
    Biceps Brachii, Short Head

Stabilizers
    Erector Spinae
    Gluteus Maximus

So, my chest workout looks like this:
    Barbell Full Squat
    Smith Bent Knee Good Morning
    Dumbbell Bicep Curl
    Barbell Lying Triceps Press
    Barbell Front Raise
    Push Press
    Dumbbell Shoulder Press
    Dumbbell Incline Fly
    Barbell Wide Grip Bench Press
    Barbell Bench Press
    I do 1 set to failure. If it’s hard to keep track of a complicated workout, install Jefit on your phone, makes it simple. Rest up, give it a try. You’ll have less pain.
    I have never tried to use up all my muscles before pecks. I am going to give that try after I take a week off.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by boxcaracer View Post
    I have never tried to use up all my muscles before pecks. I am going to give that try after I take a week off.
    Don't bother.

"Pre-exhaust" is a misguided practice that will only leave you able to lift sub-maximal loads. There is no logic in allowing a smaller muscle to dictate how heavy you're able to train a larger muscle.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

schmedes2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) schmedes2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) schmedes2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) schmedes2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) schmedes2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) schmedes2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) schmedes2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) schmedes2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) schmedes2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) schmedes2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) schmedes2 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Forget pressing exercises for a while and just do pulling stuff; rows, pull-downs, deadlifts, face pulls and rehab stuff like ytwl's, shoulder dislocations and cuban rotations. Your front is over developed and your back is not developed at all, pulling your shoulders forward which puts them in a weak position
    Lift big, get skinny. Lift big, get big
    Lift-Big.com