healthyluke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

my bulk - 19 day progress (please give me advices)

Hi guys,
    I posted my pics on Dec 11th 2012 , and 5 out of 5 people on the thread replied to me to start bulking.
    Since then , I started 'PURE' clean bulk , eating LOTS of clean food (definitely no deep fried food / junk food at all, except one day for christmas for family dinner).
    I did not count my calorie, and I ended up gaining about 7 pounds in 20 days on a 'pure clean bulk'. Do you guys think I'm eating too much?
    However, I am looking at a good gain on my body, not gaining too much belly fat or anything ,looks like to me that I am doing great.
    I lift to my best , eat like a clean pig , sleep like a baby.
    My body stat- 64kg(when I started bulking 19 days ago) , today 68kg. 5 feet, 7 inches ( about 172 cm)

Here is my usual day food schedule

Right after I wake up- 7g of BCAA
    Morning- Quaker oats / 5 eggs
    mid morning- BSN Syntha 6 protein shake, 1 plate of various fruits
    Lunch- Lots of chicken breast/ brown rice/ vege
    mid lunch-BSN Syntha 6 protein shake / Animal Pak multi vitamine
    Dinner- Lots of chicken breast/ brown rice/ vege
    mid dinner- lean ground beef / brown rice/ vege
    Before bed - BSN Syntha 6 protein shake

I know this is a freakin lot of food , but my metabolism got much better after I started eating like this (lots of meals a day)

The pictures dated as 12-12-11 are when I started bulking ,
    The pictures dated as 12-12-30 are right now.
    Please give me some thoughts and advices , thanks so much guys.
    Attached Images

Kerune is just really nice. (+1000) Kerune is just really nice. (+1000) Kerune is just really nice. (+1000) Kerune is just really nice. (+1000) Kerune is just really nice. (+1000) Kerune is just really nice. (+1000) Kerune is just really nice. (+1000) Kerune is just really nice. (+1000) Kerune is just really nice. (+1000) Kerune is just really nice. (+1000) Kerune is just really nice. (+1000)
    You don't know your "metabolism", you need to count calories man. Read the stickies for now.
    https://www.twitch.tv/kerune403

JinKazama23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JinKazama23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JinKazama23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JinKazama23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JinKazama23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JinKazama23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JinKazama23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JinKazama23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JinKazama23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JinKazama23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JinKazama23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well first of all, start counting calories.

Clean bulk means that you are eating just marginally above your maintenance (200-300 calories), and it has nothing to do with what kind of food you eat. Looking at your gains (more than 9 lbs in less than 3 weeks), it looks more like a really dirty bulk. On a clean bulk you would probably gain anywhere between 0.25-1lbs per week, and not 3 lbs.

With that being said, dirty bulk can be also effective. As long as you're going to lift heavy, get stronger, eat well, and rest well you will make progress.

Good luck.

Turbs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Turbs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Turbs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Turbs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Turbs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Turbs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Turbs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Turbs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Turbs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Turbs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Turbs is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Lol eating chicken, rice and veggies all the time on a dirty bulk, thats interesting.

APwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) APwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) APwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) APwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) APwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) APwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) APwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) APwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) APwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) APwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) APwn will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I see some great progress for just 19 days. Only problem is long term that speed of gains is going to make you fat. I'd defintely figure out your maintenance and stick to that +300 going forward.

Im pretty much same height and weight as you and im bulking on 2400 kcal. But my non lifting activity is almost zero so you may need more than that. Hope that helps some.
    *CEO crew*
    *Married with kids crew*
    *Life starts at 29 crew*
    *Still misc crew*

Lol

Originally Posted by Turbs View Post
    Lol eating chicken, rice and veggies all the time on a dirty bulk, thats interesting.
    I never said i'm on a dirty bulk though ..
    Im on clean bulk but just eating a lot

I mean i feel it

Originally Posted by Kerune View Post
    You don't know your "metabolism", you need to count calories man. Read the stickies for now.
    I used to have digestion problems before like for example, i eat a hamburger in the morning and i am full until dinner so i only have 2 meals a day. But now , i am freakin hungry every 2 hrs .. Its great

Thanks for advice

Originally Posted by JinKazama23 View Post
    Well first of all, start counting calories.

Clean bulk means that you are eating just marginally above your maintenance (200-300 calories), and it has nothing to do with what kind of food you eat. Looking at your gains (more than 9 lbs in less than 3 weeks), it looks more like a really dirty bulk. On a clean bulk you would probably gain anywhere between 0.25-1lbs per week, and not 3 lbs.

With that being said, dirty bulk can be also effective. As long as you're going to lift heavy, get stronger, eat well, and rest well you will make progress.

Good luck.

I guess i should start counting .. But most people sY , if you are just a beginner , and wanna bulk , dont need to count so thats where i was going at but ..

Originally Posted by APwn View Post
    I see some great progress for just 19 days. Only problem is long term that speed of gains is going to make you fat. I'd defintely figure out your maintenance and stick to that +300 going forward.

Im pretty much same height and weight as you and im bulking on 2400 kcal. But my non lifting activity is almost zero so you may need more than that. Hope that helps some.
    Thanks so much for your compliment. I do love my quick progress. I feel it and i see it too.
    Do you mean , i should lift a lot harder?