Mijass2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mijass2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mijass2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mijass2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mijass2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mijass2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mijass2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mijass2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mijass2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mijass2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mijass2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Talking Training for my first competition!

Hi Ladies... and men...

I'm training for my frist competition (Bikini) starting in January and I must admit I'm a little nervous! Last time when I was "training" I was kind of going at my own pace and whatever results I got, I got - No one was judging me, literally.

My main focus will be cutting fat and a lot of it. I'm probably back up at 26% BF and would like to get down to 18/19. I'll have about 10 weeks and plan on doing weight training and lots of HIIT cardio and workouts.

I would love any advice and tips you have for a first timer :-)

-Jen
    Follow me on ******** at San Diego Miss Fit! Oh, and if you abuse the English language when you message me, you will likely not get a response back.

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Fat loss is a slow process. Take into consideration there is trial and error involved when it comes to comp dieting. I'd suggest dieting longer than 10 weeks if you can. You don't want to be fighting right up until the last second trying to get lean enough for the stage. If you can be ready a week or 2 before you hit the stage...less stressful indeed...

Best of luck!
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by kimm4 View Post
    Fat loss is a slow process. Take into consideration there is trial and error involved when it comes to comp dieting. I'd suggest dieting longer than 10 weeks if you can. You don't want to be fighting right up until the last second trying to get lean enough for the stage. If you can be ready a week or 2 before you hit the stage...less stressful indeed...

Best of luck!
    I second kimm4s advice, you may need more than 10 weeks which is fine. There is at least one competition a month here in SoCal so you have lots of room to work with bringing in a great physique, no need to rush it. If you are military affiliated i could point you in the direction of some good people to talk to.
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

MPH, CPT and Nutrition and Wellness Coach

No one is going to care more about your progress than you. Everyone else is too busy chasing their own. You either do what you need to do to progress, or you remain where you are. The choice is yours.

Mijass2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mijass2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mijass2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mijass2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mijass2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mijass2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mijass2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mijass2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mijass2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mijass2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mijass2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by rockangel View Post
    I second kimm4s advice, you may need more than 10 weeks which is fine. There is at least one competition a month here in SoCal so you have lots of room to work with bringing in a great physique, no need to rush it. If you are military affiliated i could point you in the direction of some good people to talk to.
    My bf is in the navy but that's about it. When I trained last time I lost 5% BF in 6 weeks and cut about 15 lbs while adding muscle so I'm gonna give it a go this time! I'm doing a comp in SD on March 16th so I have to be ready by then.... eh.
    Follow me on ******** at San Diego Miss Fit! Oh, and if you abuse the English language when you message me, you will likely not get a response back.

muffinmits has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) muffinmits has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) muffinmits has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) muffinmits has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) muffinmits has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) muffinmits has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) muffinmits has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) muffinmits has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) muffinmits has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) muffinmits has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) muffinmits has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi Jen,

I started training for my first bikini comp about a month ago. I'm also in SD so I thought I'd reply, although since I'm a newbie just like you I can't really offer you much advice. I just figure it's nice to know there's people out there in the exact same boat.

I have a trainer who is awesome and very passionate about competing. I only meet with him once a week but he's doing all my nutrition, training schedule, and hooking me up with people for posing, etc. Having the support of someone who knows what they're doing is really great and reduces a lot of the stress I think.

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Mijass2001 View Post
    My bf is in the navy but that's about it. When I trained last time I lost 5% BF in 6 weeks and cut about 15 lbs while adding muscle so I'm gonna give it a go this time! I'm doing a comp in SD on March 16th so I have to be ready by then.... eh.
    I'm not sure how long you've been training, but there is no adding muscle when eating in a deficit. You're losing bodyfat, while working to preserve the muscle you already have. I think we can all agree the hamm/glute area is the killer. It takes what seems forever to get that area lean. The judges want to see it tight and it's an added bonus when it comes to placings.

Go with it and see what happens.
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

Originally Posted by muffinmits View Post
    Hi Jen,

I started training for my first bikini comp about a month ago. I'm also in SD so I thought I'd reply, although since I'm a newbie just like you I can't really offer you much advice. I just figure it's nice to know there's people out there in the exact same boat.

I have a trainer who is awesome and very passionate about competing. I only meet with him once a week but he's doing all my nutrition, training schedule, and hooking me up with people for posing, etc. Having the support of someone who knows what they're doing is really great and reduces a lot of the stress I think.
    Congrats on your first comp! Where are you doing it at? When? I'm going to plan out my training for the whole 10 weeks and I have a good idea of how my diet will work - Also have a lot of great people willing to help me...

rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Is he on a ship?
    So far pretty much everyone i know who competes or trains competitors here are military affiliated and train on base. I do know one lady who has trained bikini competitors successfully but i dont know much about her, so i hate to recommend her too much. But i agree with muffinmits, its better to have a trainer who knows what they are doing, at least for the first time, and especially with such a short time frame.
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

No one is going to care more about your progress than you. Everyone else is too busy chasing their own. You either do what you need to do to progress, or you remain where you are. The choice is yours.

He's not on a ship....

I haven't started training yet (Friday) and am gonna roll with it. I think I will be focusing more on glutes, legs, abs and not as much on upper body. I can't afford a trainer to guide me through this so I really will be relying on the help I get from others who are more knowledgable than myself.

I'm also considering doing this on a Paleo diet... well, I should say I plan to do it on a Paleo diet.

Originally Posted by kimm4 View Post
    I'm not sure how long you've been training, but there is no adding muscle when eating in a deficit. You're losing bodyfat, while working to preserve the muscle you already have. I think we can all agree the hamm/glute area is the killer. It takes what seems forever to get that area lean. The judges want to see it tight and it's an added bonus when it comes to placings.

Go with it and see what happens.
    Check out my pics form when I did a mini body transformation and let me know what you think... I feel like I can change my physique pretty quickly....
    www.********.com/SanDiegoMissFit

He's not on a ship....

I haven't started training yet (Friday) and am gonna roll with it. I think I will be focusing more on glutes, legs, abs and not as much on upper body. I can't afford a trainer to guide me through this so I really will be relying on the help I get from others who are more knowledgable than myself.

I'm also considering doing this on a Paleo diet... well, I should say I plan to do it on a Paleo diet.
    the military people do it for free, part of what makes them a great group to know. Cathy Savage is or has been about 60 a month, and mike davies was doing nutririon for 30 bucks a month (havent looked at his site in a while) not all trainers cost a ton. I would at least find someone who knows posing and pay them to learn posing. That is huge in bikini and i have seen posing make or break a girl, even if her physique was perfect or not.
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

the military people do it for free, part of what makes them a great group to know. Cathy Savage is or has been about 60 a month, and mike davies was doing nutririon for 30 bucks a month (havent looked at his site in a while) not all trainers cost a ton. I would at least find someone who knows posing and pay them to learn posing. That is huge in bikini and i have seen posing make or break a girl, even if her physique was perfect or not.
    Wow, thanks for the great advice. That makes total sense... I'll check them out :-)

muffinmits has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) muffinmits has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) muffinmits has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) muffinmits has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) muffinmits has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) muffinmits has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) muffinmits has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) muffinmits has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) muffinmits has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) muffinmits has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) muffinmits has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Congrats on your first comp! Where are you doing it at? When? I'm going to plan out my training for the whole 10 weeks and I have a good idea of how my diet will work - Also have a lot of great people willing to help me...
    I am doing the Gold Coast Muscle Classic in Culver City on February 9th. Just under 6 weeks! I actually might be doing the March 16th SD competition as well, depending on how the first one goes.

Yeah, my trainer has me on what would be considered mostly a paleo diet and in the last month I've seen a ton of change in my physique.

Congrats to you as well!!

Originally Posted by muffinmits View Post
    I am doing the Gold Coast Muscle Classic in Culver City on February 9th. Just under 6 weeks! I actually might be doing the March 16th SD competition as well, depending on how the first one goes.

Yeah, my trainer has me on what would be considered mostly a paleo diet and in the last month I've seen a ton of change in my physique.

Congrats to you as well!!
    Oh nice! You'll have to come find me if you compete in March :-) I'm starting my training on Friday and I know when I knock out the grains and dairy I will be a whole different person....

Oh nice! You'll have to come find me if you compete in March :-) I'm starting my training on Friday and I know when I knock out the grains and dairy I will be a whole different person....
    You do realize that there is no need to exclude whole groups of food for a comp diet, right?
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

You do realize that there is no need to exclude whole groups of food for a comp diet, right?
    I'm just doing exactly as my trainer says for this, but I wish he had incorporated some dairy into my diet sometimes. I miss my cottage cheese

And Mijass2001, if I compete in March I will definitely find you! We're in the same height class I'm trying to figure out how to do my comp makeup right now. UGH.

Yes, I'm well aware of that. :-) It's a personal choice.