ed2345 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ed2345 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ed2345 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ed2345 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ed2345 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ed2345 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ed2345 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ed2345 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

protein post workout question.

hi im new here, i recently started working out and going to gym, i usually go with my friend and he helps with me a lot of stuff. but i now
    stuck where i need something to recover my body/muscles faster. everytime i go to the gym im stuck recovering for like 3-4 days.
    hes been telling to buy protein and ive been looking up the one hes been recommending which is pro7ein synthesis but not sure if its worth
    the $65 for 5lbs that nutrishop is selling it for or am i better off with another brand from this site? mostly looking for a good recovery protein.

rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    That's a pretty typical amount of time for recovery when you just start lifting. Simply by taking protein post workout does not mean you will recover faster. Recovery is based off of total protein intake for the day, total caloric intake for the day, and sleep. You don't need to slam a protein shake post workout, but you should at some point have a meal. If your friends have mentioned some sort of "anabolic window" post workout... that's a myth, there is no such thing. The body stays anabolic for over 24 hours post workout. If you do need some protein to help meet your goal for the day you can check out some of the proteins here in the bodybuilding.com store.
    Psych & handcuffs
    Current reading: Vonnegut, Theodor Adorno
    House, Techno, and 4Runners

ed2345 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ed2345 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ed2345 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ed2345 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ed2345 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ed2345 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ed2345 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ed2345 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    im assuming, i need protein to help with aiding what i dont get from my meals. but i should also watch my calorie intake to match what my body requires.
    also try to get some sleep. is sleep a big factor? i normally sleep max 5 hours except weekends i do get 7 hours a day.

rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ed2345 View Post
    im assuming, i need protein to help with aiding what i dont get from my meals. but i should also watch my calorie intake to match what my body requires.
    also try to get some sleep. is sleep a big factor? i normally sleep max 5 hours except weekends i do get 7 hours a day.
    You really should head to the nutrition section and read the threads at the top of the page. There you will see a general outline how what it takes to gain and lose weight, and what you're typical dietary needs are. You need to consume less energy than your body requires for it's processes and expenditure. That will cause the body to draw on stored fat for fuel. You will only know how many calories you need to eat daily after you've found your BMR and TDEE. You will only know how many calories you're taking in if you count calories. You should roughly be taking in 200g or more protein per day. Protein is muscle sparing and expensive for the body to use as fuel. If you need help reaching that 200g mark then yes a protein powder would be helpful.

Again, go to the nutrition section! Best of luck to ye.
    Psych & handcuffs
    Current reading: Vonnegut, Theodor Adorno
    House, Techno, and 4Runners

bomfire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bomfire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bomfire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bomfire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bomfire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bomfire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bomfire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bomfire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bomfire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bomfire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bomfire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by rhadam View Post
    You really should head to the nutrition section and read the threads at the top of the page. There you will see a general outline how what it takes to gain and lose weight, and what you're typical dietary needs are. You need to consume less energy than your body requires for it's processes and expenditure. That will cause the body to draw on stored fat for fuel. You will only know how many calories you need to eat daily after you've found your BMR and TDEE. You will only know how many calories you're taking in if you count calories. You should roughly be taking in 200g or more protein per day. Protein is muscle sparing and expensive for the body to use as fuel. If you need help reaching that 200g mark then yes a protein powder would be helpful.

Again, go to the nutrition section! Best of luck to ye.
    Wealth of info in there, check it out!
    Controlled Labs White Flood / GlycerGrow pre-workout Cocktail review!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=143520763&p=855787103#post855787103

Change your life by watching these!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sk56VxaeqEQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7X38PCf7kao

Reppin back 100% | Message me if I owe you reps

mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    As stated above it would be wise for you to go check out the nutrition section. Recovery doesn't just improve because you drink a shake after your workout, it more so has to deal with your entire protein/macro intake.