lola32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile Killer Ab workouts

Hi,

Just wanted to know what is the best killer/ most effective Ab work outs that you do?

I do a lot of sit-ups and crunches but I was curious if there's any other exercises out there

superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by lola32 View Post
    Hi,

Just wanted to know what is the best killer/ most effective Ab work outs that you do?

I do a lot of sit-ups and crunches but I was curious if there's any other exercises out there
    Heavy squats and deadlifts.

Your abs function as stabilizing muscles, the best way to build them is focus on exercises that require them to work hard balancing your body.

abergirl is just really nice. (+1000) abergirl is just really nice. (+1000) abergirl is just really nice. (+1000) abergirl is just really nice. (+1000) abergirl is just really nice. (+1000) abergirl is just really nice. (+1000) abergirl is just really nice. (+1000) abergirl is just really nice. (+1000) abergirl is just really nice. (+1000) abergirl is just really nice. (+1000) abergirl is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by superja View Post

Your abs function as stabilizing muscles, the best way to build them is focus on exercises that require them to work hard balancing your body.
    I agree with this.

I have never directly worked my abs. Just focused on doing compound exercises (like squats) and making sure to keep the core tight during these exercises.

Besides that, I've found that the Captain's chair in the gym is always a good exercise to add onto compound exercises.

If you're looking for something more specific, try out some workout videos like p90x Ab Ripper.
    eating out? a nutritional guide to popular restaurants and fast food!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=2920231

the best ways to prepare your oatmeal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=108636081

Location: London, State / Province, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Heavy compound lifts and gymnastic moves like handstands. Hate to say it but yoga has helped me, I guess because it requires contracted abs continuously for the whole session.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155881453

Talking

Originally Posted by happyplace View Post
    Heavy compound lifts and gymnastic moves like handstands. Hate to say it but yoga has helped me, I guess because it requires contracted abs continuously for the whole session.
    I do Bikram yoga 1-2 per week with 1 session of gym with a PT for 1 hour and 2 days solo. Ive put weight on in My abdominal area so I was hoping to get it down a bit. My PT will going through dead lifts with me this week so I'm really looking forward to lifting heavy and sweating my arse off.

wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000)

This.

And eating at a slight deficit.

lanahayata will become famous soon enough. (+50) lanahayata will become famous soon enough. (+50) lanahayata will become famous soon enough. (+50) lanahayata will become famous soon enough. (+50) lanahayata will become famous soon enough. (+50) lanahayata will become famous soon enough. (+50) lanahayata will become famous soon enough. (+50) lanahayata will become famous soon enough. (+50) lanahayata will become famous soon enough. (+50) lanahayata will become famous soon enough. (+50) lanahayata will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Squats and dead lifts? I would've never guessed!!! Time to change routine -_-"
    A man asked Lord Buddha "I want happiness." Lord Buddha said first, remove "I" that's ego. Then remove "want", that's desire. See now you are left with only "happiness".

My humor is flawed crew
    My sarcasm/irony is not always understood crew
    If you neg me please leave a detailed explanation as to why you have cut me so deeply crew
    Dont really care about reps crew
    No spoon pics because half of you don't even have an AVI crew
    Dont know why I'm adding crew to the end of all of these crew

Location: London, State / Province, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I do Bikram yoga 1-2 per week with 1 session of gym with a PT for 1 hour and 2 days solo. Ive put weight on in My abdominal area so I was hoping to get it down a bit. My PT will going through dead lifts with me this week so I'm really looking forward to lifting heavy and sweating my arse off.
    If you gained fat in your stomach then you're eating too much and putting on fat. The answer is the eat at a calorie deficit. You're not going to see ab definition unless a- you have some muscles under there, and b- you have low enough body fat for them to become visible. Sounds like the latter is your real problem right now.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155881453

Can anyone help me work out my what calorie deficit is - Ive looked at various ways but it has confused me.

If anyone has a simple formula that would be a great help.

Thanks

HipAlbatross will become famous soon enough. (+50) HipAlbatross will become famous soon enough. (+50) HipAlbatross will become famous soon enough. (+50) HipAlbatross will become famous soon enough. (+50) HipAlbatross will become famous soon enough. (+50) HipAlbatross will become famous soon enough. (+50) HipAlbatross will become famous soon enough. (+50) HipAlbatross will become famous soon enough. (+50) HipAlbatross will become famous soon enough. (+50) HipAlbatross will become famous soon enough. (+50) HipAlbatross will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    In the nutrition sub forum there is a sticky at the top for calculating your macro and calories needs. It gives you the formula and you go from there.

missJL is on a distinguished road. (+10) missJL is on a distinguished road. (+10) missJL is on a distinguished road. (+10) missJL is on a distinguished road. (+10) missJL is on a distinguished road. (+10) missJL is on a distinguished road. (+10) missJL is on a distinguished road. (+10) missJL is on a distinguished road. (+10) missJL is on a distinguished road. (+10) missJL is on a distinguished road. (+10) missJL is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    A lot of it has to do with what you're eating, not necessarily with crunches and sit ups. Do exercises that challenge your stability (one-legged exercises etc) and clean up your diet.

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Can anyone help me work out my what calorie deficit is - Ive looked at various ways but it has confused me.

If anyone has a simple formula that would be a great help.

Thanks
    I would say about 1600 calories to start. Give it a good 5-6 weeks and only adjust if needed.
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

chrizto4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Squats and dead lifts are very effective on my abs. I can get away by just doing those and shredding up my mid section. I'll also incorporate high rep reverse pulley sit ups and weighted leg raises when I really want to hit em. I stay away from regular sit ups and crunches I never found them very effective for me, plus they tweak my lower back after a short while. But they seem to work for some.

Giffer666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    abs grows not so fast