ross2306 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Could someone please give some some adivce? Thanks in advace!!

Hi, need some help! About a month ago i started hitting the gym to loose my belly fat and get a bit fitter, im skinny but have a belly! Running around 12/14 miles a week and lifiting light, dumbells only 10/20kg 2/3 times a week, also started doing situps for the past week, 100 every other day. My aim is to simply loose my belly fat and show some abs, tone my chest a bit and biceps. Im eating pretty clean and have cut out all the rubbish and my stomach has seemed to have flatetrted, my problem is my abs wont show at all. I know i still have fat there to still cut off but i dont want to look anarexic either with no body at all!

My question is where do i go? Do i continue with the running and what im doing and will it eventually come togeather and my abs will develop or do i need to change what im doing? Im not a massive fan of lifting but love running, hence why ive been focusing on the cardio more?

*photos attached are tence.

Thanks so much anyone who can help!
    Attached Images

anonymous
    1. weight loss comes from eating less calories not working out

2. you're tiny and if you continue to lose weight you'll look worse than you do now

3. put on some muscle

Originally Posted by VandelVy View Post
    1. weight loss comes from eating less calories not working out

2. you're tiny and if you continue to lose weight you'll look worse than you do now

3. put on some muscle
    As you said im small but have a bit of belly fat so im just eating clean, not much of a calorie deficit, just good food to try and shift that. Ive litrally just started so am lifting, but only dumbells about 3 times a week mon, wed, fri 10 to 20kg, my goal isnt to get huge anyway, just a bit more toned, but just struggling so much with my stomach!

MuzzieChik786 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MuzzieChik786 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MuzzieChik786 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MuzzieChik786 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MuzzieChik786 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MuzzieChik786 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MuzzieChik786 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MuzzieChik786 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MuzzieChik786 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MuzzieChik786 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MuzzieChik786 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ross2306 View Post
    As you said im small but have a bit of belly fat so im just eating clean, not much of a calorie deficit, just good food to try and shift that. Ive litrally just started so am lifting, but only dumbells about 3 times a week mon, wed, fri 10 to 20kg, my goal isnt to get huge anyway, just a bit more toned, but just struggling so much with my stomach!
    If you don't want to lift weights, don't. You can build a sufficient amount of muscle by just doing progressive bodyweight training.

Here's a good article with 20 movements to start that sort of training: http://jasonferruggia.com/top-20-bod...scle-strength/

What gives you the "toned" look is an increase in mass and decrease in fat. You can decrease your fat until you're a bag of bones and still never get that look.

That's why you need to build muscle. Then you can do a fast cut to expose the muscle you've built.

Does that make sense?
    Thus let me live, unseen, unknown;
    Thus unlamented let me die;
    Steal from the world, and not a stone
    Tell where I lie.

2/17/15 - Dunk Tank Results: 15% bf (Omron said 18.6%) - 123.4 lbs LBM

youthnomore will become famous soon enough. (+50) youthnomore will become famous soon enough. (+50) youthnomore will become famous soon enough. (+50) youthnomore will become famous soon enough. (+50) youthnomore will become famous soon enough. (+50) youthnomore will become famous soon enough. (+50) youthnomore will become famous soon enough. (+50) youthnomore will become famous soon enough. (+50) youthnomore will become famous soon enough. (+50) youthnomore will become famous soon enough. (+50) youthnomore will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Then keep doing what you're doing and keep getting the results you're getting.

or

eat at a calorie deficit to lose fat, or eat at a surplus to build mass. doesnt matter if it's "good" or "bad" food, lift heavier weights, and be consistent. No such thing as "toning." Try reading the stickies.

anonymous
    I've been there and I'm trying to help you fat doesn't just come off of one area and it's never the area you want it to be you can weight 122 and be skinny AF with a belly YOU ARE NOT FAT you are lacking muscle build some muscle deal with the belly and lose weight later

Originally Posted by MuzzieChik786 View Post
    If you don't want to lift weights, don't. You can build a sufficient amount of muscle by just doing progressive bodyweight training.

Here's a good article with 20 movements to start that sort of training:

What gives you the "toned" look is an increase in mass and decrease in fat. You can decrease your fat until you're a bag of bones and still never get that look.

That's why you need to build muscle. Then you can do a fast cut to expose the muscle you've built.

Does that make sense?
    Hii! Yes thank you so much! that is allot of help! I dont mind weights, its just that i have always prefered cardio, ie running, and swimming (i know thats not going to get me into shape though haha). So your saying i need to build muscle and then do a fast cut, is my current weight and size okay to be lifiting? Or do i need to eat allot more first? Or is what im doing at the moment and my current size fine to build on? i'm currently doing cardio 3 times a week (about 12/15 miles) and lifting 3 times a week (dumbells only 10-20kg)? Im not really looking to go crazy and start taking protien shakes and make sure im eating certain amounts of each thing every day, im looking to just get a bit more toned and just eat healthy but as i want. Sorry if this makes no sence and sorry for the questions but im totally new to all this! haha

Originally Posted by VandelVy View Post
    I've been there and I'm trying to help you fat doesn't just come off of one area and it's never the area you want it to be you can weight 122 and be skinny AF with a belly YOU ARE NOT FAT you are lacking muscle build some muscle deal with the belly and lose weight later
    Cheers man! Apprecate the help allot! so is what im currently doing okay (dumbells only)? Or do i need more than dumbells? as i have just started im doing 3 days a week and using between 10-20kg

MuzzieChik786 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MuzzieChik786 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MuzzieChik786 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MuzzieChik786 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MuzzieChik786 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MuzzieChik786 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MuzzieChik786 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MuzzieChik786 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MuzzieChik786 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MuzzieChik786 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MuzzieChik786 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You keep saying this:

lifting 3 times a week (dumbells only 10-20kg)?
    Doing the same lifting routine in the gym at the same weight is NOT going to build muscle. Ideally, we'd like you to start a progressive lifting routine. It's up to you; it could be kettlebells, dumbbells, barbell work. However, if you lift the SAME weight for the SAME reps you're going to get the SAME result. Which is you looking like you do now.

I personally like Stronglifts or Starting Strength for beginning lifters. But again, you don't need to lift heavy, the same thing can be accomplished with bodyweight weight training.

Be in a slight deficit or eat at maintenance (looks like you're eating fine as it is) and just increase your lifting.
    Tell where I lie.

You keep saying this:

Doing the same lifting routine in the gym at the same weight is NOT going to build muscle. Ideally, we'd like you to start a progressive lifting routine. It's up to you; it could be kettlebells, dumbbells, barbell work. However, if you lift the SAME weight for the SAME reps you're going to get the SAME result. Which is you looking like you do now.

I personally like Stronglifts or Starting Strength for beginning lifters. But again, you don't need to lift heavy, the same thing can be accomplished with bodyweight weight training.

Be in a slight deficit or eat at maintenance (looks like you're eating fine as it is) and just increase your lifting.

Mate I cant thank you enough! Finally after weeks got a tidy answer! Ill stick to my diet as it is then, continue the cardio and increse the weights and mix it up a bit interms of kg? as for abs/stomach will that just come with the weights and the sit ups and pushups im doing or do i need to be doing somthing percific? Cheers again!

Mate I cant thank you enough! Finally after weeks got a tidy answer! Ill stick to my diet as it is then, continue the cardio and increse the weights and mix it up a bit interms of kg? as for abs/stomach will that just come with the weights and the sit ups and pushups im doing or do i need to be doing somthing percific? Cheers again!
    Example of progressively increasing weights:

Dumbbell Presses:
    Week 1: 3x10 @ 10 kg
    Week 2: 3x10 @ 13 kg
    Week 3: 3x10 @ 16 kg
    ..... and so on.

But that's only one movement. Pick 3-5 movements like this, set a rep scheme and follow the same pattern.

You can add ab work if you want like plank holds (increasing time by :30 each week), weighted situps/crunches, L-sits etc.

Again, you find what works for you.

What DOESN'T work is doing the same exercise using the same weight forever.
    Tell where I lie.

Example of progressively increasing weights:

Dumbbell Presses:
    Week 1: 3x10 @ 10 kg
    Week 2: 3x10 @ 13 kg
    Week 3: 3x10 @ 16 kg
    ..... and so on.

But that's only one movement. Pick 3-5 movements like this, set a rep scheme and follow the same pattern.

You can add ab work if you want like plank holds (increasing time by :30 each week), weighted situps/crunches, L-sits etc.

Again, you find what works for you.

What DOESN'T work is doing the same exercise using the same weight forever.
    Mate thats amzing, cant thank you enough!! Ill stick at the advise and see how long it takes to show some results! Thanks again!!!