theoriginal will become famous soon enough. (+50) theoriginal will become famous soon enough. (+50) theoriginal will become famous soon enough. (+50) theoriginal will become famous soon enough. (+50) theoriginal will become famous soon enough. (+50) theoriginal will become famous soon enough. (+50) theoriginal will become famous soon enough. (+50) theoriginal will become famous soon enough. (+50) theoriginal will become famous soon enough. (+50) theoriginal will become famous soon enough. (+50) theoriginal will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Wordpress Website for Promoting

I have built a website on Wordpress, although I will have to pay about $18 to get and use a domain name without the "wordpress.com" in it. I don't need anything equipped for business transactions and high volume traffic--just a very basic promotional tool. Is this $18 Wordpress upgrade a good option?

Thanks for any feedback

SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by theoriginal View Post
    I have built a website on Wordpress, although I will have to pay about $18 to get and use a domain name without the "wordpress.com" in it. I don't need anything equipped for business transactions and high volume traffic--just a very basic promotional tool. Is this $18 Wordpress upgrade a good option?

Thanks for any feedback
    I'm assuming you are a personal trainer, so I would say yes. Your website is a great way to find potential clients and if you don't have your own domain, you can't expect people to find you, or return to your site.

Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by SFT View Post
    I'm assuming you are a personal trainer, so I would say yes. Your website is a great way to find potential clients and if you don't have your own domain, you can't expect people to find you, or return to your site.
    this.. plus not having your own domain name just looks janky. Who doesn't have $50/year to spend on a domain name?
    Sept of Baelor was an inside job. Wildfire can't melt stone masonry.

theoriginal will become famous soon enough. (+50) theoriginal will become famous soon enough. (+50) theoriginal will become famous soon enough. (+50) theoriginal will become famous soon enough. (+50) theoriginal will become famous soon enough. (+50) theoriginal will become famous soon enough. (+50) theoriginal will become famous soon enough. (+50) theoriginal will become famous soon enough. (+50) theoriginal will become famous soon enough. (+50) theoriginal will become famous soon enough. (+50) theoriginal will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks for the feedback. I just became a CPT (NASM) eight days ago, so I'm trying to get everything rolling. Wordpress is just $18 per year for a domain name, so I wanted to go with that option if they're a good service to use.

SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by theoriginal View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. I just became a CPT (NASM) eight days ago, so I'm trying to get everything rolling. Wordpress is just $18 per year for a domain name, so I wanted to go with that option if they're a good service to use.
    I understand if you're new, but you're harming yourself even more by looking new. Ultimately, you will probably want to go with your own hosting if you are planning on running your own business. You can likely find a decent company to offer this to you for $50-75/year. This adds more flexibility like the ability to use add-ons for Wordpress, install other website features like forums, and get your own company emails. These are just a few of the benefits. Also, if you go to Namecheap, you can get domain names for ~$10/yr. You might find cheaper, but I have been doing business with them for probably close to a decade. They have never given me any problems with over 100 domains registered.

If this is just a basic blog for clients to read, then you might get away with the Wordpress free service.

Thanks, SFT! I will start looking into some of the hosting services in order to plan out a good website to upgrade to it. So far this is what I have developed on Wordpress :

http://jaxpersonaltraining.wordpress.com/

I plan to change a few things, but this is a rough draft so far. Any thoughts on specific things I might want to change? Thanks.

Originally Posted by SFT View Post
    I understand if you're new, but you're harming yourself even more by looking new. Ultimately, you will probably want to go with your own hosting if you are planning on running your own business. You can likely find a decent company to offer this to you for $50-75/year. This adds more flexibility like the ability to use add-ons for Wordpress, install other website features like forums, and get your own company emails. These are just a few of the benefits. Also, if you go to Namecheap, you can get domain names for ~$10/yr. You might find cheaper, but I have been doing business with them for probably close to a decade. They have never given me any problems with over 100 domains registered.

If this is just a basic blog for clients to read, then you might get away with the Wordpress free service.

Looks like a good start. I'd probably connect the link bar and body of the page. The black gap in between looks a little bit weird to me, but we may have different tastes.

Also, remember that you can change your landing page to be a static page, rather than the blog. I'm sure you will be changing content, but you currently have content on the blog that would be more appropriate as a page. That way you get rid of the dates, etc. I would also disable comments for main pages of the site such as about me, services, etc.

schmedes2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) schmedes2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) schmedes2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) schmedes2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) schmedes2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) schmedes2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) schmedes2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) schmedes2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) schmedes2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) schmedes2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) schmedes2 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Namecheap, 1 and 1 or godaddy to "buy" the domain name for $1-10$. Hostgator or bluehost for $5-$10 a month to host it. I think hostgator still does their 99 cents for the first month deal.
    Lift big, get skinny. Lift big, get big
    Lift-Big.com

Registered User JoeCannonMSCSCS's Avatar
    JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    is it wordpress.com or wordpress.org ? I diff is that you buy your website name from a hosting company and download wordpress onto the site with a button that is inside the control panel (Cpanel) of the site. Its easy. Here is my step by step tutorial on how to make a wordpress website

http://www.joe-cannon.com/install-wo...-step-by-step/

I recommend this way over the other way but If you do it your way I would pay to take "wordpress.com" out of your website domain name. the bigger the website name, the more changes people misspell it. Make sure your website name has some key words in it to help search engines find it faster. See my post on how to pick a good website name.
    I hope this helps and good luck with your website!!
    Joew
    Joe Cannon, MS
    Joe-Cannon.com
    SupplementClarity.com