MattDruid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattDruid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattDruid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattDruid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattDruid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattDruid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattDruid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattDruid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattDruid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattDruid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattDruid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Which weights to buy for home gym - Ivanko/York or Body-Solid/TSA?

Hi, I'm new to building a home gym and I was wondering if anyone could give me advice on what type of Olympic plates to buy.

Someone in my area is selling 245lbs of used Ivanko machined plates for $245. Do you think that's a good price? $1/lb for used Ivanko plates?
    For $100 less I could find some used TSA/VXT or other not esteemed name-brand plates.

Until I started researching yesterday, I probably would have gone with whatever deal I could find at Sports Authority. But that's not sounding like a good value anymore thanks to what I'm seeing on this forum.

817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by MattDruid View Post
    Hi, I'm new to building a home gym and I was wondering if anyone could give me advice on what type of Olympic plates to buy.

Someone in my area is selling 245lbs of used Ivanko machined plates for $245. Do you think that's a good price? $1/lb for used Ivanko plates?
    For $100 less I could find some used TSA/VXT or other not esteemed name-brand plates.

Until I started researching yesterday, I probably would have gone with whatever deal I could find at Sports Authority. But that's not sounding like a good value anymore thanks to what I'm seeing on this forum.
    I would buy the Ivankos, but thats just me. Also keep in mind Ivankos never show up for sale anywhere local to me.
    It surprises me how many people refuse to buy equipment from Elitefts because its too expensive but they will buy equipment from their competitors, then continue to go on EFS website to educate themselves for FREE

BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    See signature.

Assuming great condition, 1$/lb isn't a bad price for Ivanko OM's but it's not a great one either.
    If you get the seller down to $200 ($0.81/lb), I think that's a more realistic price.. as mentioned though, they don't show up alot sooooo...
    [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅] Equipment Crew #57 [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]

[]──[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #26 []──[]

❍--❍ York Barbell Club #34 ❍--❍

☆☆☆ That On3 Cr3w That Has Too Much Pow3r Cr3w ☆☆☆

AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What are you goals? What is your commitment to a home gym? What can you afford?
    You need a good rack, a bench, and a 300-lb Olympic weight set. Now, what was your question?

My home gym: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1465291461&viewfull=1#post1465291461.

()---() York Barbell Club #1 (DD, RH, Kg) ()---() []---[] Equipment Crew #36 []---[] []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #51 []---[] [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew #29 [M]===[6] ~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

MattDruid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattDruid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattDruid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattDruid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattDruid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattDruid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattDruid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattDruid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattDruid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattDruid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattDruid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well, you can see some pics of the "quality" on EBay by searching for "Ivanko Olympic Weight Plates - OM" ($279.95 - but selling for less off ebay). Think these look good?

As for my commitment, I want some good stuff and I'm pretty committed. But I want a value so I'm looking for quality used stuff. I'm also putting the gym on a cement floor... so I'm thinking going with bumpers as well.

817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Well, you can see some pics of the "quality" on EBay by searching for "Ivanko Olympic Weight Plates - OM" ($279.95 - but selling for less off ebay). Think these look good?

As for my commitment, I want some good stuff and I'm pretty committed. But I want a value so I'm looking for quality used stuff. I'm also putting the gym on a cement floor... so I'm thinking going with bumpers as well.
    Bumpers cost more

Be better just to get some horse stall mats (cost $40-$60) for a 4x6 ft mat 3/4 inch thick. Do a search here you will find a lot of good threads about stall mats. You can get them at tractor supply stores or any horse agricultrue stores.
    It surprises me how many people refuse to buy equipment from Elitefts because its too expensive but they will buy equipment from their competitors, then continue to go on EFS website to educate themselves for FREE

Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by AttyGuy View Post
    What are you goals? What is your commitment to a home gym? What can you afford?
    All of this^^^, but you also need to think about the future. 245lbs won't hold you long before you'll need to invest in more weight. If you're the kind of person that insists on matching plates, adding more Ivankos will generally be far more expensive than picking up additional sets of TSA/VTX plates.

As much as I like nice plates, to me, they're the finishing touch on a well-equipped home gym. I'd rather use cheaper plates and roll that extra $100 into a higher quality bar, rack, or bench.
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"An adult male weighs at least 200 pounds." - Mark Rippetoe

▪█──█▪ Equipment Crew #44 ▪█──█▪

||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #11 ||---||

Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Stasher1 View Post
    All of this^^^, but you also need to think about the future. 245lbs won't hold you long before you'll need to invest in more weight. If you're the kind of person that insists on matching plates, adding more Ivankos will generally be far more expensive than picking up additional sets of TSA/VTX plates.

As much as I like nice plates, to me, they're the finishing touch on a well-equipped home gym. I'd rather use cheaper plates and roll that extra $100 into a higher quality bar, rack, or bench.

Yo! This is some good advice right here.

Why are you getting a home gym setup? I assume its to get into shape and be strong...or some other variation of a fitness goal, no? In the big picture, weight is weight and you're never going to care. A lot of this is personal preference, but I would rather have a nice rack/bench combo and cheaper plates. Its easy for me to say now...because I have both, but I didn't overnight and for a long time I was perfectly happy with the Cap plates I had. Once I got into flipping, it all worked itself out and I found everything I wanted (eventually), but not everyone has the time or inclination to be that kind of patient.

Get a good cage and bench.....then move on from there.

Also realize that if you stay on this forum.......and you follow my advice.....you will curse me in about a year because you will have your nice cage/bench and cheap plates....but you won't really like them. Then you will constantly be in search of a set of milled Yorks or beautiful Ivanko revolvers for .5/lb in the precise configuration you want....and in excess of 1000lbs.

Buy what you want man....$1/lb for Ivankos is about average for used....they are always going to beautiful on your cage though and you won't ever "wish" you had different plates. Yes, you may go the York route.....but owning Ivanko's and deciding you're a York Man isn't really "wishing" for something better.....its like driving a BMW and discovering you prefer Mercededes'....or something like that.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #4 ▪█─────█▪

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

Thanks for the tips on the flooring and stuff.

I already have a decent basic bench, and Squat Stands on are order for benching and squatting. Otherwise I have a number of Hex Dumbbells, resistance bands, medicine ball and misc stuff. This is my first entry into barbells and olympic weights at home. I was working out at a gym for the last year with trainers, but come the 1st of the year my schedule will no longer allow that, so I'm looking to step it up at home.

FYI - I told the guy with the Ivanko plates that I would take them. They aren't that much more, and I didn't like the idea of buying plates that some-day I would look to upgrade. I'll post some pics when I get them setup! Thanks!

BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Let's face it..

FYI - I told the guy with the Ivanko plates that I would take them. They aren't that much more, and I didn't like the idea of buying plates that some-day I would look to upgrade. I'll post some pics when I get them setup! Thanks!
    They made your dik wiggle.. and you decided to buy them because of it.. and there aint a damn thing wrong with that.

In my experience, once practicality is covered, it's always the wiggle factor that determines what you buy and how much you are willing to pay for it.
    [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅] Equipment Crew #57 [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]

[]──[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #26 []──[]

❍--❍ York Barbell Club #34 ❍--❍

☆☆☆ That On3 Cr3w That Has Too Much Pow3r Cr3w ☆☆☆

boxertim is just really nice. (+1000) boxertim is just really nice. (+1000) boxertim is just really nice. (+1000) boxertim is just really nice. (+1000) boxertim is just really nice. (+1000) boxertim is just really nice. (+1000) boxertim is just really nice. (+1000) boxertim is just really nice. (+1000) boxertim is just really nice. (+1000) boxertim is just really nice. (+1000) boxertim is just really nice. (+1000)
    i've had two full sets of ivankos that I have sold off for profit. I don't really like them at all. I found that they didn't fit my york power bar. even though I hate york, I like the york bar better than the econo ivanko that came with the sets.

To summarize my point....I only buy ivanko stuff if the price I get them for will allow me to make some money on a flip. If not, I leave them alone.

Tim
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 12

https://www.youtube.com/user/solvedphysicsproblem

117 videos showing the solutions to all highschool physics problems that could possibly come up.

Just picked up my set of Used Ivanko OM Plates. Now I just need a decent deal on a Oly Bar they will fit well on. Any suggestions?

AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Just picked up my set of Used Ivanko OM Plates. Now I just need a decent deal on a Oly Bar they will fit well on. Any suggestions?
    Uh, Ivanko? Is this a trick question?
    You need a good rack, a bench, and a 300-lb Olympic weight set. Now, what was your question?

My home gym: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1465291461&viewfull=1#post1465291461.

()---() York Barbell Club #1 (DD, RH, Kg) ()---() []---[] Equipment Crew #36 []---[] []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #51 []---[] [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew #29 [M]===[6] ~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000)
    Rogue bar fits tight and is ~$300. But yea get Ivanko.
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #24 -!!!---!!!-

Ivanko sounds great if I can get one used... New, I think Rogue might be the way to go to save some $$$.

rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BloodType3R View Post
    They made your dik wiggle.. and you decided to buy them because of it.. and there aint a damn thing wrong with that.

In my experience, once practicality is covered, it's always the wiggle factor that determines what you buy and how much you are willing to pay for it.
    Hehehe.....yeah, this about hits the nail on the head for many of us in the Equipment Forum!

I can only bench about 5lbs more than my body weight--there's a reason I don't post an avatar......but I have a very nice gym setup!
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #29 []---[]
    []---[] York Barbell Club #59 []---[]
    []---[] Equipment Crew #48 []---[]
    l l---l l Rogue Barbell Club #3 l l---l l
    []---[] Mech6 Crew #9 []---[]

dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Ivanko sounds great if I can get one used... New, I think Rogue might be the way to go to save some $$$.
    My suggestion is to get either the Ivanko OB or OBX. Although currently out of stock, I would purchase it from here.

http://www.gtechfitness.com/ivanko-olympic-bars.aspx

If you want to save money, get a Texas Power Bar. I'd purchase it from Legend Fitness.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #39 ▪█─────█▪

▪█─────█▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #2 ▪█─────█▪

▪[[[[────]]]]▪ York Barbell Club #93 (DD) ▪[[[[────]]]]▪

▪[M]====[6]▪ Mech6 Crew #10 ▪[M]====[6]▪

186lbs in Avatar

dumb.bell speaks much truth. . . .

ICEcap2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ICEcap2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ICEcap2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ICEcap2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ICEcap2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ICEcap2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ICEcap2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ICEcap2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ICEcap2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ICEcap2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ICEcap2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by dumb.bell View Post
    My suggestion is to get either the Ivanko OB or OBX. Although currently out of stock, I would purchase it from here.

http://www.gtechfitness.com/ivanko-olympic-bars.aspx

If you want to save money, get a Texas Power Bar. I'd purchase it from Legend Fitness.
    Good recommendation.

If price isn't a consideration OBS-20. I have one and love the low maintainance, looks and works like new after years of use. Ivanko didn't have the bearing version or maybe I would have got that one.

Originally Posted by dumb.bell View Post
    Done! Thanks!!

Angry

I received the bar today but it appears to have been damaged in transit. The bar was falling out the one side of the packaging, and that end has deep scratches and gouges in it. I tried to put a plate on the bar, but the damaged end wouldn't allow the plate to slide on. The rest of the bar is fine. I may be able to get the bar working by trying to grind these scratches out, but obviously I would like to get Legend Fitness to take back this damaged bar and send me one in good condition.

Home gym 'til I die. ProtienandIron's Avatar
    ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I received the bar today but it appears to have been damaged in transit. The bar was falling out the one side of the packaging, and that end has deep scratches and gouges in it. I tried to put a plate on the bar, but the damaged end wouldn't allow the plate to slide on. The rest of the bar is fine. I may be able to get the bar working by trying to grind these scratches out, but obviously I would like to get Legend Fitness to take back this damaged bar and send me one in good condition.
    Thats a good choice. I just don't understand how this keeps happening with bars. My two TPBs made it all the way from the states to the uk, sat in a warehouse, and then sent on to me, and neither of my bars had any issues. The cardboard tube and the steel (?) endcaps hold up really well. I guess its a lottery.
    My training log:
    ---------------
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153596291&p=1062453741#post1062453741

[]---[] Equipment Crew #43 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #1 -!!!---!!!-
    ()---() York Barbell Club #4 ()---()

Well, Legend Fitness said they are sending me a new bar and will pickup the bad one. Hope that goes better.

LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ProtienandIron View Post
    Thats a good choice. I just don't understand how this keeps happening with bars. My two TPBs made it all the way from the states to the uk, sat in a warehouse, and then sent on to me, and neither of my bars had any issues. The cardboard tube and the steel (?) endcaps hold up really well. I guess its a lottery.
    When I just ordered my recently new bar from Cap one end popped right through the plastic end of the cap on the tube. Luckily there was only 1 scratch that took off some of the ridges on the sleeve, about half a squat inch in size. Doesn't effect the function of the bar and it's not really that noticeable.

But OP, you can't go wrong with a TPB. The Cadillac of barbells essentially (Although that phrase may not mean as much today). Should last you almost a lifetime if you don't really really abuse it.

Home gym 'til I die. ProtienandIron's Avatar
    ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by LimitStrength View Post
    When I just ordered my recently new bar from Cap one end popped right through the plastic end of the cap on the tube. Luckily there was only 1 scratch that took off some of the ridges on the sleeve, about half a squat inch in size. Doesn't effect the function of the bar and it's not really that noticeable.
    I sort of expect it from the likes of Cap. But buddy capps bars come in a cardboard tube that is seriously thick and strong. The steel end caps in the pic below are like giant bottle tops that by the looks and feel of it, get hammered into place. By the time every warehouse worker and delivery man has stood it on its end a hundred times that metal gets pretty smashed up, but both of the bars ordered stood strong.

BTW, which Cap bar did you order, and whats it like to use?

My training log:
    ---------------
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153596291&p=1062453741#post1062453741

[]---[] Equipment Crew #43 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #1 -!!!---!!!-
    ()---() York Barbell Club #4 ()---()

-aesop- is a name known to all. (+5000) -aesop- is a name known to all. (+5000) -aesop- is a name known to all. (+5000) -aesop- is a name known to all. (+5000) -aesop- is a name known to all. (+5000) -aesop- is a name known to all. (+5000) -aesop- is a name known to all. (+5000) -aesop- is a name known to all. (+5000) -aesop- is a name known to all. (+5000) -aesop- is a name known to all. (+5000) -aesop- is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'd like the TPB as the Egg McMuffin of barbells.

ygohome will become famous soon enough. (+50) ygohome will become famous soon enough. (+50) ygohome will become famous soon enough. (+50) ygohome will become famous soon enough. (+50) ygohome will become famous soon enough. (+50) ygohome will become famous soon enough. (+50) ygohome will become famous soon enough. (+50) ygohome will become famous soon enough. (+50) ygohome will become famous soon enough. (+50) ygohome will become famous soon enough. (+50) ygohome will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by -aesop- View Post
    I'd like the TPB as the Egg McMuffin of barbells.
    You need to put that into context. For example, you say a TPB is likened to the Egg McMuffin of barbells. Is the Ivanko bar likened to...?... the Sausgage McMuffin with Eggs?

I received a Buddy Capps TPB (from lifestyle sports) in similar packaging described by ProteinandIron. Comes in a thick spiral cardboard (think paper towel cardboard roll) with the ends capped with some tins. But that cardboard spiraling can come unraveled and I've seen a few people on here post photos with nicked/scratched bars delivered. My TPB arrived unscathed.

There are alot of TPBs out there, the Buddy Capps varient (with the texas logo and Capps name) seems to be the most favored. I've only owned it about a week but it's been great for powerlifting. No complaints and excellent purchase for under $300 USD.

I've never owned an Ivanko so I can't make any comparison.