alexistheboss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alexistheboss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alexistheboss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alexistheboss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alexistheboss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alexistheboss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alexistheboss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alexistheboss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alexistheboss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alexistheboss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alexistheboss has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Is being athletic healthy? Didn't know where to post this

Alright so I didn't know where to post this, I wanted to see if this type of individual was truly healthy, lets give him a name, call him Bryan.

Bryans stats:
    Height: 192cm
    Weight: 90kg
    BF: 6% in summer at minimum, max at 9% in winter.
    Time for a 2k: 7.30mins
    Can do 100push ups in a row
    can bench 250pounds for 10reps

extremely fit.

Diet is fully healthy, with possibly 1 cheat meal per week.
    Macros are around 3k cals, 220g protein, 350g carbs, 70g fat.
    Supplements are: Creatine/Vitamins/Protein Whey.

Program is, lets say 6-8am heavy lifting, 6-8pm light lifting+cardio.

Is this individual, ignoring diseases healthy?

I was having an argument with a friend, who thinks it is healthier to be at around 25% fat, which he is, and not go to the gym which apparently means he will live longer, than live the life this individual does.
    I don't know much bout biology but in my mind, "Bryan" is incredibly healthy.
    What do you think?

PS:
    Yes Bryan is the goal I want to get too haha

kneecapsbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) kneecapsbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) kneecapsbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) kneecapsbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) kneecapsbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) kneecapsbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) kneecapsbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) kneecapsbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) kneecapsbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) kneecapsbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) kneecapsbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It is totally subjective and you can argue all you want. Nobody is right, nobody is wrong.

The question is how to define: "health"

TomLynx is on a distinguished road. (+10) TomLynx is on a distinguished road. (+10) TomLynx is on a distinguished road. (+10) TomLynx is on a distinguished road. (+10) TomLynx is on a distinguished road. (+10) TomLynx is on a distinguished road. (+10) TomLynx is on a distinguished road. (+10) TomLynx is on a distinguished road. (+10) TomLynx is on a distinguished road. (+10) TomLynx is on a distinguished road. (+10) TomLynx is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Interesting topic but it comes down to what people define as healthy. Some people may think the distance, intensity and heart rate of a certain activity will be a measurable way whilst others may think lack of illnesses is a good way to define it.

Either way each are going to have their own pros and cons.

j1zip will become famous soon enough. (+50) j1zip will become famous soon enough. (+50) j1zip will become famous soon enough. (+50) j1zip will become famous soon enough. (+50) j1zip will become famous soon enough. (+50) j1zip will become famous soon enough. (+50) j1zip will become famous soon enough. (+50) j1zip will become famous soon enough. (+50) j1zip will become famous soon enough. (+50) j1zip will become famous soon enough. (+50) j1zip will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Your both young, you'll have an easier time getting girls at a 9 percent over 25 percent. I was at 25 percent body fat last year at this time. I felt like chit and looked like it. No energy or endurance. As a teenager I would imagine its easier to carry the extra pounds, most likely have s'more active life style. Some girls are chubby chasers and will think your to thin, but come on what is more pleasing to the eye a six pack or a gut. I have older relatives 50-65 that work out. They all look and feel better with exercise. Although most of them are still at a higher body fat percentage 20 -25. Who knows what's the healthiest percent of body fat is? Everyone is different! What's good for one person maybe bad for another. Personally I think 9-10 percent is best. I would rather die a few years younger and look great my entire life than not. Interesting debate!

vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by alexistheboss View Post
    Alright so I didn't know where to post this, I wanted to see if this type of individual was truly healthy, lets give him a name, call him Bryan.

Bryans stats:

extremely fit.

I was having an argument with a friend, who thinks it is healthier to be at around 25% fat, which he is, and not go to the gym which apparently means he will live longer, than live the life this individual does.
    What do you think?

PS:
    While much of this is largely subjective there are a few things I'll comment on. Spending all summer at 6% body fat is probably unrealistic. Most people can't stay that low for very long. Maybe just long enough for a competition. For many individuals simply hitting 6% bodyfat means doing some things that might not be considered "healthy" (severe caloric restriction). Maintaining 9-10% body fat is much more realistic. The term "Fully healthy diet" is completely subjective. What does it even mean? What some would call a healthy diet others might not. 4 hours of exercises every day seems awful time consuming/excessive. Unless Bryan makes a living through fitness or is independently wealthy he would probably have time for nothing more than fitness and work. That is certainly not mentally "healthy". Being 25% bodyfat and never working out is not what I would consider "healthy". But as to who will live longer, there are way to many factors. Life expectancy has a lot to do with genetics. It also has a lot to do with environment.

I don't really understand why you would even engage in the argument. I'll give you some advice. The more "fit" you become and the more you dedicate your life to achieving fitness related goals, the more lazy people will hate on you. They don't actually believe they are in better health then you. They say it to feel better about being lazy/unmotivated etc. I get **** from people at work ALL THE TIME about how I am not healthy because I don't eat enough. 2500 calories a day for cutting and 3500+ when bulking is hardly an unsafe or unhealthy amount of caloric intake for someone my height and weight so why do people tell me I don't eat enough? Because it makes them feel better when they eat too much.
    -Former 300lb club

My Transformation Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlEs4py6FUs

My YouTube Page: http://www.youtube.com/feedingfitness

"Obsessed is a term lazy people use to describe the dedicated."

Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    >17 years old
    >6% bodyfat

pick one

25% is overweight. Not exercising means generally higher probability of cardiovascular problems. The human body has not evolved to sit on its ass all day. Also lower bone density and generally being weaker due to muscle atrophy. Good luck running a 5k, FAST at 25% bodyfat with zero conditioning vs a guy who is 10% who is conditioned too.
    I always get a kick out of the fat "body positive/accept your body" people that swear being sedentary and fat is "healthy". When you have to chase an animal to kill it and eat it, the fatty is going to starve or become food.

Trying to stay between 6% and 9% is beyond pointless, girls dont care about anything less than 10%, ive had HUNDREDS of girlfriends, trust me.

Also wtf is "ignoring diseases"?
    brb having a terminal illness and going to walk it off lol
    There is always someone less fortunate, with real hunger, with real adversity, who made something of themselves. What is your excuse?

moore93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) moore93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) moore93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) moore93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) moore93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) moore93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) moore93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) moore93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) moore93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) moore93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) moore93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Serpentarius View Post
    girls dont care about anything less than 10%, ive had HUNDREDS of girlfriends, trust me.

sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by moore93 View Post
    slurp forgets that the girls you wank to on the internet, DON'T COUNT.

otherwise i'd have had thousands.
    Powerlifter convert. Follow on instagram Sharpie_bendingbarbells

Most recent comp lifts: 405/305/475

based on actual events jtaylor2010's Avatar
    jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Yes it's healthy.. But it really comes down to genetics. Being more active and staying around 10% is way better than no activity and sitting at 25%. Plus you'll feel a hell of a lot better(physically and probably mentally).

But I've seen people who smoked for 60 years and ate like sh!t and they're still alive while people who seemed pretty healthy died in their 30's.

Like I said it really comes down to genetics, but I'd rather feel and look good while I'm here.
    +positive crew+
    -we all gonna make it, but what it is is up to you crew
    -all things in moderation, even political views crew
    -support local farms crew
    -try to do at least one good deed/day crew
    -less cursing the darkness and more lighting candles crew

sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    damn can't spread reps yet :/
    Powerlifter convert. Follow on instagram Sharpie_bendingbarbells

Most recent comp lifts: 405/305/475

phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by kneecapsbrah View Post

Strong this. "Health" is subjective and what we see as healthy, the general population most likely wont.

Originally Posted by moore93 View Post

LOLed, I lose. Well played moore

Bryans stats:

extremely fit.

What do you think?

PS:
    Let me ask you this. Why do you even care what your friend thinks? Your life, your body, your health, your choices. Let him be 25% and think hes healthy if he wants. Dont put any thought into what others think of you or what you want to achieve. This is your life and your journey, not his.
    Only a life lived for others, is a life worthwhile.

csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Those are pretty disparate examples. The 25% BF guy is bordering on obese status, and trying to maintain the "Bryan" levels of bodyfat especially while training for that kind of performance is going to play hell on most people.

There is no doubt that exercise beats no exercise in terms of general health, but only to a certain point.

Fitness is fun and all, and a fit guy/gal can look awesome, but twice a day for a total of 4 hours a day? What is that accomplishing? What kind of natural athlete has that kind of recovery?

Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by csb5731 View Post
    What kind of natural athlete has that kind of recovery?
    Ronnie Coleman

u mad he is natty and you arent as big?
    There is always someone less fortunate, with real hunger, with real adversity, who made something of themselves. What is your excuse?

stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Serpentarius View Post
    Ronnie Coleman

u mad he is natty and you arent as big?
    MAN! All this time i thought he was on roids. Now i really feel bad. NOT Thats why he had a cholesterol pill he took everyday with his vitamins.
    Why do I do this weightlifting thing for the last 34 years with all its ups and downs life has handed me? Because each time I came back stronger. NEVER GIVE UP. Gym life is about more than muscles getting bigger and weights going up. Its wisdom discipline dedication humility you name it.

Monceef has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Nobody is right, nobody is wrong.

Originally Posted by Monceef View Post
    Nobody is right, nobody is wrong.

cholesterol, blood pressure, triglyceride level, etc...all of which go to the toilet when you live a life of sitting in front of a TV. Dont care about exceptions of some fatass that happens to have low blood pressure, its the majority that matters.
    Also which looks better?

alexistheboss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alexistheboss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alexistheboss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alexistheboss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alexistheboss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alexistheboss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alexistheboss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alexistheboss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alexistheboss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alexistheboss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alexistheboss has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    haha some funny replies, and some helpful ones.

Alright, about the 6% level, I am new to fitness as you can see, but I have some friends around 6-7% and they are like that all year round, maybe im wrong but I didn't think it was that low.

And the 4hours a day your right thats too much, I was just going on greg plitts workout. Which is 2hrs morning heavy, 2hrs later light/cardio.

Definition of health:
    Organs/Body working to its maximum potential, meaning your heart is beating healthily, your liver toxicity levels are in check, your kidneys are fine etc..
    UNAFFECTED BY DISEASE etc!
    Lets ignore outside effects from diseases, environments, genetics.
    I am talking, effects of FITNESS/DIETING on an individual.

I always believed that fitness/healthy diet = healthy lifestyle.
    But for some reason many disagree with me, and every time I tell them that to me, some1 who can run a 20k and do 150 push ups and is 10% fat with perfect diet and program is healthy, to which they reply : "yes but his liver is probably fcked from all that protein, and his kidneys from creatine etc..."
    They all say supps are bad for you, like caffeine, or creatine.
    They say 1.1g/lb of protein is bad for you etc..

I don't know who to listen to anymore haha.