SkinnyAlex is a name known to all. (+5000) SkinnyAlex is a name known to all. (+5000) SkinnyAlex is a name known to all. (+5000) SkinnyAlex is a name known to all. (+5000) SkinnyAlex is a name known to all. (+5000) SkinnyAlex is a name known to all. (+5000) SkinnyAlex is a name known to all. (+5000) SkinnyAlex is a name known to all. (+5000) SkinnyAlex is a name known to all. (+5000) SkinnyAlex is a name known to all. (+5000) SkinnyAlex is a name known to all. (+5000)

Callling upon female misc, my gf wants to start working out but im a bit lost...

Hey females miscers I come in peace lol. Ill try to keep this simple..kinda...

I've been working out for a bit over a year but my goals are different than hers. I've been going from skinny to "big" (still in the process). My gf on the other hand wants to lose a bit of weight and "tone up" <-- hate that phrase.

Anyways I have no idea how to train her really. I do know her eating habbits are fairly healthy since her parents are diabetic so they're picky with what they buy. The only thing I could think of was to make her do the same workouts as me except with less weight and higher reps plus some cardio. Will that be good enough or am I way off?

To describe her body type...she's not fat nor skinny. She curvy? Like she has naturally thick legs but u can see a slight tummy and her arms have a bit of noticable fat.

I'm also not forcing her to workout she brought it up to me saying that when she looks in the mirror she hates what she sees so I offered to help her out even tho to me she's fine how she is but I also want her to feel good about herself.

I'm open to any advice and if u have more questions go ahead and ask.
    Occasional troll.

Start 120 lbs - Goal 180 lbs. Bulking.
    Lifts in 3-5 range. Dont do 1 rep max. D-340/B-245/S-255/OHP-155

*Dallas Misc*
    *Lean Bulkers Crew*
    *Long Hair Crew*
    *Pale Bishes Crew*

Do you like pinup/rockabilly/psychobilly girls? Check this out then ---> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158406683

Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Basically there is no difference in the way she should train. If she wants to "tone" (I hate that word too) she should be looking to build muscle just like you do and lose fat by eating a calorie deficit. High reps and cardio are not required because she is female. Basically you are bulking and she will be cutting.

Check out this Help on Where to Start thread.... http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=150759963

It's thread may also be useful for you.... http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=117327411

SkinnyAlex is a name known to all. (+5000) SkinnyAlex is a name known to all. (+5000) SkinnyAlex is a name known to all. (+5000) SkinnyAlex is a name known to all. (+5000) SkinnyAlex is a name known to all. (+5000) SkinnyAlex is a name known to all. (+5000) SkinnyAlex is a name known to all. (+5000) SkinnyAlex is a name known to all. (+5000) SkinnyAlex is a name known to all. (+5000) SkinnyAlex is a name known to all. (+5000) SkinnyAlex is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Botika View Post
    Basically there is no difference in the way she should train. If she wants to "tone" (I hate that word too) she should be looking to build muscle just like you do and lose fat by eating a calorie deficit. High reps and cardio are not required because she is female. Basically you are bulking and she will be cutting.

Check out this Help on Where to Start thread.... http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=150759963

It's thread may also be useful for you.... http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=117327411
    Thanks! So basically it'll come down to the basics of calories in and calories out. With lifting assisting in "toning" her up lol
    Occasional troll.

Start 120 lbs - Goal 180 lbs. Bulking.
    Lifts in 3-5 range. Dont do 1 rep max. D-340/B-245/S-255/OHP-155

*Dallas Misc*
    *Lean Bulkers Crew*
    *Long Hair Crew*
    *Pale Bishes Crew*

Do you like pinup/rockabilly/psychobilly girls? Check this out then ---> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158406683

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by SkinnyAlex View Post
    Thanks! So basically it'll come down to the basics of calories in and calories out. With lifting assisting in "toning" her up lol
    Correct. Keep in mind when it comes to training, women should train the same as men. There is no difference.
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Yep. She won't suddenly get huge because she doesn't have enough testosterone. While she is eating a calorie deficit to lose fat she needs to preserve as much muscle mass as possible. A solid lifting routine won't make her bulky, it will just help her obtain the leaner look that she's after.

penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Exactly. The amount of calories will control the outcome.

Do not feed into the less weight and more reps stuff. That doesn't work for anyone.

Lioness27 is just really nice. (+1000) Lioness27 is just really nice. (+1000) Lioness27 is just really nice. (+1000) Lioness27 is just really nice. (+1000) Lioness27 is just really nice. (+1000) Lioness27 is just really nice. (+1000) Lioness27 is just really nice. (+1000) Lioness27 is just really nice. (+1000) Lioness27 is just really nice. (+1000) Lioness27 is just really nice. (+1000) Lioness27 is just really nice. (+1000)
    She needs to start cutting, just like everyone else said. When I started cutting I started using myfitnesspal app and it has really helped me lose the weight I wanted.

Tell her to get the myfitnesspal app it will help her make the right decisions on what she should eat, because it will show how many calories you still have, etc.
    Love the Lord your God with all your heart & with all your soul & with all your mind & with all your strength. -Mark 12:30

With God all things are possible. -Matthew 19:26

myfitnesspal: marissarenee

★ ☆ ★ MFP Aesthetics Crew ☆ ★ ☆ ★

MissMarks will become famous soon enough. (+50) MissMarks will become famous soon enough. (+50) MissMarks will become famous soon enough. (+50) MissMarks will become famous soon enough. (+50) MissMarks will become famous soon enough. (+50) MissMarks will become famous soon enough. (+50) MissMarks will become famous soon enough. (+50) MissMarks will become famous soon enough. (+50) MissMarks will become famous soon enough. (+50) MissMarks will become famous soon enough. (+50) MissMarks will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Lioness27 View Post
    She needs to start cutting, just like everyone else said. When I started cutting I started using myfitnesspal app and it has really helped me lose the weight I wanted.

Tell her to get the myfitnesspal app it will help her make the right decisions on what she should eat, because it will show how many calories you still have, etc.
    I have this app too and it was really great because I had really no idea how much calories were in my regular foods, so it taught me a lot.My partner and I are in a similar situation as you and even though we both have different goals,training together has definitely brought us closer..all the best to you both!
    ** Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate..Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure **